[SRP] It's Raining on Prom Night

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

[SRP] It's Raining on Prom Night

Postby Blindsense » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:02 pm

There was nothing quite as depressing as the sight of raindrops on the most magical night of the year.

At least, that was certainly the pervading mindset for the students of Snowcreek High School. It was the strangest thing - the student council had planned the date with exactly this kind of possibility in mind. Being the first of May, a traditionally dry season in Snowcreek History that followed what was consistantly the rainiest month of the year in the small town, it had seemed impossible that such a thing could happen. And yet there they were - dark, angry clouds looming just on the horizon, daring the teens to venture out in their expensive finery and tempt the hand of Mother Nature's wrath.

But the student body certainly wasn't going to let a few drops of water ruin the best night of the school year. Indeed, the entire city was buzzing about the event. The students obviously couldn't stop talking about their exciting plans, the teachers were constantly lamenting about the students' disinterest in schoolwork as of late, and the parents simply looked on lovingly while the first tinges of Empty Nest Syndrome began to set in - bringing with it silent tears for the proud parents. But something sinister lay just beyond that threatening veil of thunderheads...

The moon had just begun to rise over the Flannery Farmstead - creating the perfect opportunity for pictures. much to everyone's mutual dismay, the rain had begun there as well, the first hints of a possible torrent prompting a quickened pace. Pictures had to be taken before the six piled into their cars and headed off to the main event, after all.
Blindsense
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Re: It's Raining on Prom Night

Postby Zoey » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:34 am

Zack grunted as he ready his camera. "I can't believe we're getting weather like this... In our prom day no less!" he said with a frustrated look on him, he wanted this day to be perfect for Harriette and him, but already the weather was conspirering against him. "Ok, guys quickly! Lets hurry!" he motioned to everyone to get together for a group picture.
"Let me confirm, your shelter shield is activated?"
"What are you planning?!"
"Your shelter is secure, is it?"
"Of course it is! Just see for yourself how powerless you are!"
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Harri-chan » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:45 am

Harriette shook off the disappointment of the rain clouds when the camera came out. If anything could cheer her up, it was posing for photographs. Her pale blonde hair had been curled, and she wore some light make-up, clear lip gloss, a little blusher and a pale pink eyeshadow. Her dress left her shoulders bare, made from a pale blue satin. The corset hugged her torso with a glittery silver edge across the top, before blooming into a loose, knee length skirt, several layers of darker blue chiffon beneath it to fill out out a little around her thighs, with a large blue bow just off one hip. Her shoes were a quite open, glittery silver straps criss-crossing back and forth across her feet, with a considerable heel on each. Clutched in one hand was a silvery purse, and she had a thin, delicate silver necklace with a small silver heart that hung just against the top of her chest.

"Come on, guys, I don't want to get my hair wet in the rain", she said once she was satisfied Zack had taken enough pictures with her in.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Flannery » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:11 pm

Ellis wearing his trademark camo hat takes it off for the photo. "You know we can move the picture inside the barn."
Take a seat in my car and you go zero to girl in 5 seconds flat.
Flannery
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Shadowmaster » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:27 pm

"We could, but then we would be missing out on the fantastic lighting out here." James says sarcastically as he brushes himself off. "Let's just get this show on the road before the weather gets any worse. Knowing our luck, it'll start hailing next..."
I am a ninja, zam.
Shadowmaster
Total Nutcase
Total Nutcase

Postby Blindsense » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:27 pm

As if to emphasize James's words, an errant bolt of lightning split the sky, the ominous bang of thunder coming moments later.

"Ellis!" The call came from Ellis's father, who was standing at the back door of the Flannery family's humble abode. "Take your pictures and get inside before the storm gets here!" Indeed, such an idea was looking better by the moment as the thunderheads slowly progressed towards the household. Since they were on the outskirts of town, they would certainly be the first to be hit by the storm. Perhaps it would be best to eschew pictures in favor of a hasty retreat from the backyard...

(( Kind of waiting for our last two members to post. Hope that's okay. ))
Blindsense
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Zoey » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:47 pm

"Come on guys, move it" Zack said putting away his camera and taking Harriettes hand. "Let's go inside" he said to her kissing her cheek. Harriette looked so beautiful tonight it was driving him crazy, but maybe the crazy part that was driving him crazy was the tie he had to wear with his tux.
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Evra » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:15 pm

micheal nods at the suggestion to go inside "yeah it does seem like a good idea to go inside" he says and begins heading for the house to get out of this weather
Evra
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Flannery » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:01 pm

"On our way pops! Well this day was going over so well. It can't get much worse." Ellis puts his cap back on to protect him from the rain.
Flannery
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Blindsense » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:35 pm

The group got inside just as the rain started to fall in earnest, quickly drenching the entire property. The rain pounding on the windows of the small farmhouse was unsettling - it was not the peaceful, lazy-sunday kind of rain that one appreciated, but an unsettling, fierce torrent.

Once everyone was situated inside - the boys chuckling amongst themselves, and the girls checking their meticulously-crafted hair to ensure that it hadn't been mussed - Mr. Flannery spoke up. "I want you six to be safe out there tonight - and not just because of the weather. We don't want any prom babies to look after nine months from now, you know?" He chuckled to lighten the tone of the warning, pointing to the car waiting (thankfully under an awning) outside. "The car is ready. Have fun tonight you guys - and try not to drown!"
Blindsense
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:48 pm

Harriette's blue eyes narrowed at Mr Flannery's comment, her nose wrinkling as she turned away from him. "Ugh... ", she muttered under her breath, and hurried out, thankful for the awning as she climbed into the car, shuffling right along to sit beside the opposite window and glare out at the rain.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Zoey » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:27 pm

Zack noticed Harriette was displeased with good reason. He followed her to the car and sat next to her, resting his hand on her tight. "You ok, princess?" he asked her.
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Flannery » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:47 pm

Ellis puts his palm in his face speaking rather sarcastically. "Thanks dad for making that public. You always know the right thing to say." His dad shrugs and smiles. "I'll see you around pops!" Ellis runs into the barn and takes off a green tarp. under it is a 1955 Chevy Bel-Air. Ellis drives up and lets a few people in. "My dad always gives the best advice, just never at the right moment. It's like telling a joke and then giving the punch line hours later."
Flannery
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Shadowmaster » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:14 pm

James shrugs at Mr. Ellis' comments and heads out to the car, scowling at the rain.
I am a ninja, zam.
Shadowmaster
Total Nutcase
Total Nutcase

Postby Evra » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:44 pm

micheal follows james as the head out to the car getting wet due to the rain
Evra
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Next

Return to Roleplaying