[SRP] It's Raining on Prom Night

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

Re: It's Raining on Prom Night

Postby Blindsense » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:12 pm

Eventually, everyone said their goodbyes, and the six promgoers piled into the old car and, with the exhaust belching a generous amount of black fumes as if to announce their departure, they were off. If they were to look out the rear window of the old clunker, they would see the rain curtain, now hanging directly over the farmstead, falling behind them.

The minutes dragged by - the Flannery home was a good distance from the school, and the ride took roughly thirty minutes - as the anticipation for the night of fun and frolicking grew. Each young man and woman had different hopes regarding the night's events, but ultimately they all felt that it would be a good night.

The only notable portion of the ride to Prom occurred about fifteen minutes in. As they slowed to a stop at an otherwise-abandoned four-way stoplight (one of the few to be seen outside of downtown Snowcreek) their eyes were drawn to a large black crow, braying angrily from a swaying traffic light. Now, a single crow at dusk was not a strange sight in itself - but this crow was large and wicked-looking, with fierce red eyes that seemed to follow the car as it pulled hastily through the intersection. Even stranger, as the car pulled away, more crows alighted onto the perilously-swaying wire, each set of eyes seeming to be trained on the rear bumper.

Finally, the car pulled into the school parking lot. The sound of the bass beat could be heard for at least half a mile, and formally-garbed couples were flocking to the front doors. At this point, the moon had begun to peer over the horizon - the majority of the earth's satellite was concealed by the darkening clouds, revealing only a slight, haunting glimmer of light.

In what now seemed to be a hideous lack of foresight on the part of the Student Council, this year's prom had been placed outside, in the school's courtyard. Large tents adorned the courtyard, which was easily the length of a football field and about the same width, and a dance floor had been constructed near the front, with a makeshift DJ stage just beyond that. On the stage, Mr. Johnson, the school Vice Principal and self-proclaimed "cool dawg" could be seen fiddling with an old apple computer, insuring that the bass-heavy tunes kept pumping. Some had already begun to dance - which, of course, was less dancing and more jumping up and down for the faster-pitched songs and rocking to the beat of the more mellow ones. Every once in a while, the pace of the music would slow to a romantic crawl, and the couples would come together and sway side to side, staring into each other's eyes intently. It certainly seemed to be a great party!

Most seemed to not even pay attention to the slowly-advancing rain curtain. Perhaps it wouldn't be a problem - it could change course, or simply move slowly enough to not arrive until after Prom had concluded. Even so, for some it seemed to set an eerie pall over an otherwise-enchanting night. As if to affirm those eerie feelings, every so often a rogue raindrop would fall - perhaps a vanguard for the coming storm.
Blindsense
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Knight Errant » Sat May 01, 2010 10:02 am

A white car pulls up behind the Chevy. The passenger side door opens and Courtney climbs out carefully, as to not mess her prom dress. She is wearing a slightly simple green dress, which glitters softly in the half-light of the overcast day. She turns around, balancing unfamilliarly on her heels, and looks back into the car. "Thanks, mom..." She says, to the smiling woman who looks like an older version of Courtney. "No problem, sweetie... you have fun now, okay?" Comes her mother's reply.

Courtney nods and closes the door, then hesitantly walks over to the Chevy. "Um... hey guys. Sorry I didnt meet with the rest of you. Getting ready took longer than I thought..." And indeed she seems to have made the effort. Her face is lightly made up, which the group can probably safely say it is the first time they have seen the girl with make up on. Also, long green ribbons are tied in her hair... which along with the dress sets her emerald eyes off nicely. Compared to her usual plain turtleneck sweater and jeans look, she seems almost a different person.
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Harri-chan » Sat May 01, 2010 1:47 pm

Either Harriette didn't attempt to hide her suprise at Courtney looking so... girly, or she didn't even try. "Wow... ", she muttered as she climbed out of the car and went to greet the only other girl in their group. "Come on, let's get under some shelter... it's gonna rain... and hard!", she complained, grasping Courtney by the hand, and marched towards the nearest tent, regardless of what the boys wanted to do.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Zoey » Sat May 01, 2010 2:35 pm

Zack shook his head and shruged. "Girls and their hair" he said to himself as he also went to get some shelter, but his eyes first wanted to look around for the food since he had the hunger.
"Let me confirm, your shelter shield is activated?"
"What are you planning?!"
"Your shelter is secure, is it?"
"Of course it is! Just see for yourself how powerless you are!"
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Knight Errant » Sat May 01, 2010 7:50 pm

Courtney is grabbed and marched! She nearly stumbles on her heels at the sudden pulling, recovering her balance, then her glasses which threatened to slip off her face. All in all it looked rather comical. But soon, a red-faced Courtney is walking alongside the cheerleader! Glancing over to her. "Um... you look great tonight, Harriette..."
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Evra » Sat May 01, 2010 8:15 pm

Micheal gets out of the car and looks around stretching as he walks under some shelter and relaxes watching everyone
Evra
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Shadowmaster » Sat May 01, 2010 9:55 pm

James streches as he gets out of the car, and then walks over to where the others are headed. "Well, at least the tents will keep the rain from being too much of a bother." he says.
I am a ninja, zam.
Shadowmaster
Total Nutcase
Total Nutcase

Postby Blindsense » Sun May 02, 2010 10:34 pm

(( Thought I'd give you guys a heads-up. In an ironic twist of fate, my place of residence has been hit with an obnoxious amount of rain this weekend, and I am currently flooded in. My internet and electricity is down - thank god for 3G - so it may be a bit before I can continue this. Wish me luck in not drowning. =P ))
Blindsense
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Zoey » Sun May 02, 2010 11:04 pm

((Good luck, just hope the rain water wasnt wet :o ))
"Let me confirm, your shelter shield is activated?"
"What are you planning?!"
"Your shelter is secure, is it?"
"Of course it is! Just see for yourself how powerless you are!"
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Knight Errant » Mon May 03, 2010 7:18 pm

((Wow... good luck there! Floods and electronics do not mix.))
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Flannery » Fri May 07, 2010 12:58 am

((Iraq has internet! Flannery is back online!))
Take a seat in my car and you go zero to girl in 5 seconds flat.
Flannery
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Previous

Return to Roleplaying