[SRP] It's Raining on Prom Night - Sign Up

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

[SRP] It's Raining on Prom Night - Sign Up

Postby Blindsense » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:35 pm

Perhaps I'm being overly ambitious... But I feel it's worth a try nonetheless.

Prom - a springtime extravaganza with no equal in the western world. Every girl dreams to have that one romantic night under the lights, holding her high school sweetheart close to her own heart as they dance to the romantic music... It is a moment that defines many individuals' high school years. Unfortunately, the sleepy town of Snowcreek is about to play host to one of the most magical prom nights of all time.

Snowcreek high school, like almost every other high school on earth, plays host to a menagerie of teenage cliques that run the gamut from average and expected to mind-boggling. It is almost impossible for a student to not be affiliated with one group or another - unless that student is Adelle Bronwyn. It is not that she was ugly - in fact, she was one of the most gorgeous girls in Snowcreek - and she was certainly not dumb, maintaining her place at the top of her class without any contest. Daughter of a strange old widowed woman and self-styled enchantress, and avid believer in her mother's practices, the poor girl had been subjected to scorn and ridicule from a prejudiced community.

Little did the scornful students of Snowcreek high know that the girl was far more than a believer. She and her mother were witches; members of a coven that operated in sleepy towns throughout the world. And the girl had found just the spell to wreak havoc upon her hated peers on the one night of the year where they would all be gathered in one place...

The night of prom, a storm settled over the town. And as the first raindrops began to fall, Adelle smiled a wicked smile.

Hey there, everyone. This will be my first experience dealing with a roleplay on this board, though I have GMed countless games before. I hope that if you're interested, you'll bear with any mistakes I may make throughout the process, and over the next few days (weeks? Months? Who knows how long this'll last?) we'll all be better writers because of it - and maybe we'll have a little fun, as well.

I'm looking for 4-6 individuals to play a small group of high-school friends (preferably a diverse group) who are going to Prom together. They need not be couples, though it is perfectly acceptable if they are. Those of you who join will be exposed to all sorts of magical escapades, resulting in a quest to dethrone a mad young witch and her supportive mother before she changes the face of Snowcreek forever.

For those of you who care to apply:

Name:
Hobbies:
Personality:
Short Bio: (Take some liberties with this. This is a very skeletal structure for a universe I've been putting together, and anything you can add to it can certainly be made canon.)
Other notes: (Anything you feel I as the GM should know about you or your character... Or anything else, for that matter.)

I truly hope that this is a fun experience for all involved, including me. And hey, if nobody signs up... Oh, well! I'll try again later. :P
Blindsense
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Re: It's Raining on Prom Night - Sign Up

Postby Flannery » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:19 am

I'm feeling froggy. I'll jump.

Name: Ellis Flannery
Appearance: 6 foot even. has blond hair and hazel eyes. He often wears the High School's baseball jersey, a real tree camo hat, and blue jeans
Hobbies: baseball, cars, FFA
Personality: Friendly, and can blend in with any crowd. Kinda shy around girls however
Short Bio: Ellis lives in the outskirts of Snowcreek school district. He is a farmer's son and when not at school he usually plays baseball for the High School's Snowcreek Sledders, and drives tractors. At school he can been seen on the auto department, wood department, or practicing on the field.
Other notes: none at this time
Take a seat in my car and you go zero to girl in 5 seconds flat.
Flannery
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Shadowmaster » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:32 am

Definitely an interesting comment. I'd come up with a character now, but I'm honestly about to fall asleep. Just wanted to post and show my interest in the idea, and say that I should have a character up tomorrow (Or, later today, as it may be.).
I am a ninja, zam.
Shadowmaster
Total Nutcase
Total Nutcase

Postby Harri-chan » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:25 am

I'd very much like to take part. I'm at work at the moment, but will post a character later today.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Zoey » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:33 am

Save me a spot to! This sounds very interesting.
"Let me confirm, your shelter shield is activated?"
"What are you planning?!"
"Your shelter is secure, is it?"
"Of course it is! Just see for yourself how powerless you are!"
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Evra » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:19 am

Name: Micheal Smith
Appearance: about 5'10 in height skinny paleish white skin medium length pitch black hair in an emo style covering his left eye with silver strands in this area is always wearing at least a black tshirt and a pair of black jeans along with a air of black skating shoes
Hobbies: skating and video games
Personality: Usually sticks to himself and dosent bother with other people unless its a friend or needed he isnt always the nicest but only gets mean if he gets pissed off which is usually hard to do is more open around people he knows
Short Bio: He had moved to the town in his sophmore year so he wasnt the most knowledgeable being shy for the most part until he made a couple friends he lives with his parents a little ways from the school
Last edited by Evra on Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evra
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Shadowmaster » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:14 pm

Name: James Madison
Appearance: 5'9", average weight, shaggy brown hair and blue eyes.
Hobbies: Music (listening to and playing).
Personality: A bit of a loner, though once he gets to know people, he can be quite friendly. He's also not shy around anyone, regardless of the situation he's put into, so he almost always says what's on his mind.
Short Bio: James is an only child, and he lives with his parents only a few blocks away from the school. He learned how to play guitar relatively young, but has yet to be in a band due to his own apathy toward searching for potential band mates.
Other notes: Can't think of anything to put here.
I am a ninja, zam.
Shadowmaster
Total Nutcase
Total Nutcase

Postby Kris_Roth » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:12 pm

I'm interested in this rpg. I'm trying to come up with some sort of concept. Any ideas?
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Zoey » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:15 pm

Name: Zack Rorem
Appearance: 5'12 male with an athletic build. He has short black hair and matching eyes. He's wearing a tuxedo with even some fancy shades just for kicks and looking his best to impress the crowd.
Hobbies: Sports
Personality: He's your average teen male. He likes sports and is planning on paying collage with its help. He's not a total jock though, but is very aware of his masculinity.
Short Bio: Zack is actually living away from his parents. He moved to town when he was 17 wanting to finish high school so he could just to the nearby collage. So he lives alone in his appartment living on his allowance and a job he was at a cafe a few blocks from the appartments.
Other notes: I like AP. So playing an adult woman would be sweet. I wouldnt prefer anything else, cause I like staying human, but dont shy away from it either, but right now, I'd like to stay human. Additionally I dont like mental changes. Slightly small mental alterations are ok, but keep them small.
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Blindsense » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:25 pm

Flannery:

Accepted. Welcome to the game. :)

Evra:

Also accepted. :)

Shadowmaster:

Surprise! You're accepted, as well.

Kaizer:

Accepted. As for your request, I'll see what I can do. :twisted:

Everyone else who has yet to post a character but has expressed interest:

Wonderful to see you interested. As of now we've reached the perfect number for this little game, so I'm going to close applications. If someone is to drop out, I'll open them up again.

Everyone in general:

You may wish to discuss amongst yourselves a group demographic. Obviously these kids will have known each other before the night of Prom - and if they're all going in a singular prom group, it would make sense for them to have past histories with each other. For the two of you who haven't posted characters yet... We need some gals! :P Six guys don't usually go to prom without dates... If you want to make their dates NPCs, just write them up and I'll handle 'em for you. However, it would probably be more fun to explore Player Character relationships. Just a suggestion. -shrug-
Blindsense
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:03 pm

(Gonna hook up with Kaizer's character then, if you need some girls for the group :))

Name: Harriette Hudson

Appearance: Slightly tall for girls her age at 5'8, with a slim figure, long legs, but with enough curves in her hips, bottom and chest to draw attention from male eyes... and she knows it! Pale blonde hair falls to her waist, naturally straight. She has deep blue eyes with long lashes, and full, pink lips. She's very proud of her status as a cheerleader, and can often be seen wearing the uniform around school and even outside of it, just to show off.

Hobbies: Harriette is a cheerleader, and this is the most important thing in her life. It's how she met her boyfriend, Zack. She's very much into her fashion, especially buying new clothes with her parent's money, and considers herself a talented singer and actress, although her teachers in those particular subjects may disagree.

Personality: She's a very outgoing girl, and loves the fact she can use her good looks to make boy's eat of her hand. Despite having a boyfriend, she often flirts with other boys, even when they have girlfriends. She has a circle of friends, but even they don't escape her bragging about how she could have any guy in school.

Short Bio: Her Father owns a chain of furniture stores, which have made him pretty wealthy. As the only child, Harriette has been used to getting everything her own way, and getting anything she wanted, ever since she was little. Her Mother was much like her in school, ambitions of fame and fortune through singing or acting, but never made it. This has led to her wanting to achieve her dreams through her daughter, encouraging her to take part in any school performances or any singing contests that came up. The teachers are so used to the torrent of abuse from Harriette's Mother if they ever dared question her 'talent', they tend to avoid doing that anymore, and often pick her for the star roles, even when there's kids who can actually sing and act far better than her.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Zoey » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:15 pm

Neat, so is the RP going to be on another thread, and when are we starting?
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Blindsense » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:49 pm

The RP will be in another thread - and I'll post the beginning tomorrow. For now, I need sleep. :)
Blindsense
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Knight Errant » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:36 pm

Hmm... is it too late for me to take a try at this RP?
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Blindsense » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:14 pm

I haven't heard any thing from Kris_Roth... If she isn't interested anymore, you're welcome to her spot. =)
Blindsense
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Next

Return to Roleplaying