[FFRP] Sunshine Apartments

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

[FFRP] Sunshine Apartments

Postby Harri-chan » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:42 pm

(This is invite only for the moment. Due to my stunning record of being a complete and utter failure at GMing, I'm not sure when I'll attempt another open invite one. We'll see how things go)

It's 2pm in the seaside town of Appleton. There wasn't a cloud in the sky, and the sun bathed the entire town in warmth. It was a fairly quiet town, and yet had everything it's residents needed. There's a supermarket, a hospital, police and fire stations. There's a library, elementary, middle and high schools (although the closest college is about 30 minutes drive out of town). There's also the beach, with it's almost white sand and crystal clear turquoise waters, which today is pretty busy with surfers and sunbathers, despite it being a week day! Just a short walk from the beach are the Sunshine Apartments. A big white complex of around twenty apartments, with a pool in the center of them. It was really hard to get an apartment at this place, but after applying several months ago, your character has received a letter in the post informing you that you've got one! Room 16. There was even a key inside the envelope, with instructions to come by at 2pm on this day.

(let's try and stick as close to the one post each method as possible :))
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Re: Sunshine Apartments

Postby Millinescence » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:08 pm

Enter David Grey...

Dave, 30 years old, a mechanic for a nearby tire shop, was sick of living in his crammed efficiency and applied for an apartment room at Sunshine. When he returned from work, he checked his mailbox. There Dave found a manila envelope with a key and instructions for a meeting with Sunshine's landlord or some such.
"Wow, I can't believe I actually got accepted..." Dave said after looking over the papers. "Hmm...Room 16, 2pm. This is great!" he smiles broadly.

He gets into his compact pickup truck and drives to his new apartment...
~deviantArt~ ~My characters~ ~The Haven of Æternalæ (yup, it's back!)~ (Φω~)b
Check out the test to find out who you are!
Millinescence
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Amy-chan » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:43 pm

Samantha, 56 years old, and working in the latest of a series of Temp jobs, pulled up and parked her beaten up 1979 Omni. She got out and looked at the letter and key that she had received. She still found it hard to believe that she had gotten an apartment here. She should be happy, but she just hoped that she would be able to afford it. She had had nothing but bad luck for so many years ...

She took her one worn suitcase out of the car, barely having the energy to do so. She locked the car and trudged slowly and tiredly towards the apartments.

Samantha:

A stranger is just a friend that you haven't met yet.
Amy-chan
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Zilla » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:58 pm

Shirley Madison was new in town, applying for a new college and trying to get her life in order. She'd gotten the letter for the apartment she'd had her mind set on, and found the beautiful complex, sparkling in the warm sun in this strange new city.

Shirley adjusted her glasses. She caught a glimpse of a beaten up luggage bag disappearing into the doorway as she parked her own '97 Neon. Her suitcase rolled along behind her as she entered the building, eyes adjusting from the bright and warm sunshine.

Shirley Madison
Head of the Haven of Aeternalae forums. Now 80% less threatening, 150% more cute, and 200% more loving!:D
Zilla
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Andrea Anikerina » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:43 pm

After finishing looking though the letter, Tanner Collins straightened his obligatory "meet the roomies" tie, to match his only dress shirt. Having rarely left his previous apartment(being a programmer has its downsides/upsides, depending on your point of view), he was a little pale and unkempt. He did try to look nice, a 22-year-old should at least try to have ambition. Taking the bus to the apartment, he looks around to find his roommates.
Andrea Anikerina
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Harri-chan » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:38 pm

The letters hadn't mentioned they'd be sharing the apartment, so it might be quite a suprise to find all the other people heading for apartment 16. It certainly was for Rose Butler. She was in her late twenties, working as an accountant in the town. Her chocolate brown hair reached her waist, thick with curls, and she wore glasses over her deep brown eyes. She was a tiny bit below average in height, with wide hips and a large bust. The woman was dressed in a smart, light grey jacket and short skirt, expensive by the look of it, and tailored to fit, with sheer tights on her legs, her feet tucked into grey high heels, while a black leather purse hung from her shoulder.

"What are you all doing here? This is my new apartment... ", she said, dangling the key as she walked up to the door, her heels clicking across the floor.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Zilla » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:46 pm

Shirley was approaching the door to the apartment when she saw an older woman already at the door. "Oh, and who are you?" she asked, a little alarmed that she seemed to be trying to enter Apartment 16. "Are you the landlady?"

She set her bag down just as another woman, much more of an adult than her, came up from behind her, saying something about how it was her new apartment. "Oh, it's okay, I'm in apartment 16..." Shirley responds. "Nice to meet you, I'm Shirley Madison. I'm looking at attending the college just out of town, and this is the best place I could find."
Head of the Haven of Aeternalae forums. Now 80% less threatening, 150% more cute, and 200% more loving!:D
Zilla
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Millinescence » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:01 pm

Dave arrived at his apartment. But he was taken by surprise to find there were two girls and another boy waiting outside the door as well. Just then, a woman in a business suit comes by. At first Dave thought she was the landlord. But then she held out her key and declared the apartment hers!
"Uhh...hi there." He says, furrowing his brow at the seemingly stuck-up business woman. "I was just about to say the same thing." He holds up his copy of the key as well. "And yeah, I've got one too...the letter didn't say anything about roommates though."
Millinescence
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Andrea Anikerina » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:07 pm

"Yeah, I guess this is why it was too good to be true... Tanner Collins. Programmer." Tanner proceeds to look over the other applicants, to figure out how to stay out of their way. "So who exactly managed to not tell us about having roommates? I'm not exactly the most... social here, it seems."
Andrea Anikerina
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Amy-chan » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:18 am

Having set her suitcase down to unlock the apartment just as the first of the others came up, Samantha tiredly blinks in confusion, then goes ahead and tries her key. The lock clicks open, and she swings the door inwards with a twist of the knob and a push.

She looks at the others, all of whom were quite a lot younger than her, even the successful looking business woman.
"Maybe we should all go inside, sit down and discuss this ...", she offers in a tired-sounding, soft, slow voice, "We seem to all have the same letter and duplicate keys."
Amy-chan
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:15 pm

Rose didn't look particularly happy to see the others. Shirley's cheerful introduction was rewarded with an un-impressed stare that lasted just a second or two. Next her gaze shifted to Dave, and narrowed a little, "The ad for this place didn't say anything about room mates either!", she huffed. "Let me tell you all, I'm not giving this up, I've waited months for an apartment at this place!".

However, when Samantha opened the door to the room, she couldn't help but peer curiously inwards. It wasn't a huge apartment, definitely not the sort you'd picture five people living in. The front door opened into the living room, which was quite light thanks to a huge set of sliding glass doors on the opposite side of the room, that led out onto the third floor balcony, overlooking the beach! The room had light brown tiles on the floor, and a large flatscreen TV on one wall, with a two three-seater, low-sitting couches arranged around it, a coffee table infront of them, and a collection of games consoles below the TV. On each side of the glass doors there was a small desk, a computer sitting on each one, and a chair infront of them both, while behind the low couches was a set of pretty large speakers hooked up to a dock with an MP3 player sitting in it!

Towards the right, the kitchen area was separated off by a waist-high dividing wall, with a smallish dining table that had six chairs squashed around it. There was a sink, an oven, a microwave and a fridge that seemed to have a note on it, but no dish washer! There were plenty of cupboards though. On the left hand side of the room, two doors were left open. One led into the smallest room, closer to the entrance, which was a bathroom, with one fairly large hot tub, a toilet and a sink, as well as a mirrored cabinet and a weighing scales! The door further towards the back of the room, led to a bigger room that had windows looking out onto the beach, and inside there were three bunk beds, all with the same pale pink bedding, chest of drawers alongside each one, and a bunch of bookshelves.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Zilla » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:04 pm

"Wow..." Shirley said, a little breathlessly, gazing at all the technology that came with the room. "All that? That's certainly not for one person..."

She looked at the people next to her, eying especially the two guys who had shown up. "There's only one bedroom... What are you guys going to do?" she said, wheeling her luggage in. She seemed to acclimate to having roommates rather quickly.

She ducked into the bedroom, dropped her luggage off, before returning to the main room. "Six beds... for us?"
Zilla
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Millinescence » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:48 pm

"Well, it can't be helped, looks like we're roommates then because I'm not giving this up either." Dave says to the business woman before going inside the apartment to look around. "Hot dang...fully furnished and everything..." He says quietly to himself as he looked around the place. "Not bad." After looking though the rooms he notices there seems to be enough bedding for everyone, as well as one additional person... Hmm, curious. Wonder who the extra bed's for. He thinks, shrugging it off before opening the sliding glass door to go into the balcony.
Millinescence
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Amy-chan » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:32 pm

Samantha picks up her suitcase and walks into the apartment. She looks in the bedroom. "We are all going to share this?" She walks a few steps over and opens a tiny closet, then sets her unopened suitcase inside. She then walks back out into the living room. "This looks like the most comfortable room to discuss things in?"
Last edited by Amy-chan on Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amy-chan
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Andrea Anikerina » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:36 pm

"Well if it was unfurnished I'd just leave, but..." Tanner looks around, in awe of the rooms. And then he sees the beds.

"...pink? For a guy? Knew there was a catch."
Andrea Anikerina
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Next

Return to Roleplaying