Imperial Powers RP Proposal

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

Imperial Powers RP Proposal

Postby Nosnits » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:46 pm

Hey, lookit me, I gots an Ar-pea idea! Well, kinda. It's that constant reading of books that does it. If it kinda makes no sense...well, sorry, there are always questions one can ask. There is a sort of kinda almost underlying story...but, there's the kinda...political stuff that I like

Dark forces are arising, and they may need to be stopped (I’m not gonna say now, before the rp starts, cheaters) Of course, the player doesn’t need to bother themselves with this. They can try to raise themselves up in their societies....with assassination, good politics, quests...whatnot. Maybe even king of the entire kingdom! Rebuild the great empire! You can even join underground societies, and whatnot. You could join the army, and become a general in the wars that other players could of instituted. Maybe join a ‘secret’ society, and try to bring down governments and whatnot. Become a merchant and fight pirates, as you could try to convince the other cities on the coast to join yours, and form your own empire to stand the test of time! Maybe you want to show those so called civilized nations a lesson....or maybe you can finally unite the tribes under your glorious rule. Maybe you wont....maybe you’ll wander, look for ruins long gone, and treasures of old. Maybe you’ll find the fountain that spouts pure gold, or the tree that bears fruit that keeps one young forever. Maybe you will find love, or have it forced upon you! Gather a concubine....or institute yourself into one. Start wars, or stop them....with force or tongues. Or....maybe not. Maybe you’ll just help people in towns you meet, making friends and enemies as the world falls to pieces around you. The choice is yours...

And yes, this does sound like a long silly advert for a gamebook, doesn’t it? But...that’s the basis behind this rp. There will be....at least that stuff I mentioned in the opening add, maybe more. But, as of right now....I’m working on it. A lot....there will be a lot of stuff I need to set up before I can run this game. So...three things I’d like you to know...and for me to know...

1) I wont be stalling like I did on the other ones....I promise on that....I have no-where to go.
2) Once again...this rp isn’t for tf junkies. I’m trying, and trying, and trying HAAAARD to work it in, but I may not be able too...or work it in so everyone can get it. So, if you need to get a tf in the first few posts...yeah, it may not be that good of an rp for you to join.
3) Third, got any ideas? Anyone? I’m innatly lazy, and could mold the ideas into what I’m trying to make right now
4) Yes...I know lots of the stuff is cliched....but, since everything has been done ever, I don’t really care...
5) Remeber, I’d be the GM of the rp...so, if you don’t like my GMing style, this ALSO may not be a good rp for you
6) Yes, there are more then three things.
7) I’m still trying to get....A LOT of the stuff down...and one of the things that I’m trying right now is the timeframe. Basically, I’m thinking right now that it’s kind of like Oblivion, but without everyday magic stuffs.
8 ) Pages is great, it just started lettering off without me having to do anything! (Unfortunately, it didn't translate over...)
9) This started as just rough notes, then turned into more of an Ad thingy when I realized it'd be better that way...I did have to cut out on stuff in the begining.
10) Finally, is anyone interested? Any comments?
Hey, you! No...not you....You! Go ---> HERE <--- to red the drabbles of stuff I've written, or ---> HERE <--- to see both my doodles AND writing. Double dip right there.

Knit the scarf. Ride the ogre.
Nosnits
Spaminator
Spaminator

Re: Imperial Powers RP Proposal

Postby Harri-chan » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:42 am

I'm interested! I'm still half-asleep though and need to go to work, so I'll take a better look later.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Blaze » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:58 am

I am interested Nos.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby shinryou » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:38 am

Sounds awesome... I'm in if allowed XD
Character Sheet
Outline Absorber Deck: 16 cards
shinryou
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Jacqueline » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:21 am

*Starts plotting*
Check out the test to find out who you are!
Jacqueline
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Kris_Roth » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:43 am

I'm interested, just need a character concept...
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Marky » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:51 am

It sounds interesting to me. The only problems I'll have is thinking of a character most likely...

But, really, it all seems good to me. Very interesting.
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Mendi-chan » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:24 am

I may look into this one hur'. ^^
Husband to Mid Boss
Mendi-chan
MSF's Little Sister
MSF's Little Sister

Postby Zoey » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:13 pm

Sounds like an MMORPG.

I'm a big worried your going to get overwhelmed with an RP of this scale, but if you think you can then who am I to stop ya?
"Let me confirm, your shelter shield is activated?"
"What are you planning?!"
"Your shelter is secure, is it?"
"Of course it is! Just see for yourself how powerless you are!"
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Nosnits » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:41 pm

Okay, there seems to be a smattering of interest....I'll do it. Yes Kaizer, it does sound like MMORPG...and it is a...very big thing, but if I take it slow, have a well written backstory and not get swamped with school (Which may happen) I SHOULD Survive.

Now,I don't have a chararcter sheet anywhere near ready, as I'm busy...well...working on the rp. If there's anything you would like to know about: places, people, guilds.....stuff....anything, just say it. If I have it, then I can tell you right off the bat. If not...it'll get me thinking of things that I haven't thought of yet. Or I may not tell you at all. So shoot! Go! Just as an outline...there are two kingdoms, one empire and two main cities I am planning on the Geography part.
Hey, you! No...not you....You! Go ---> HERE <--- to red the drabbles of stuff I've written, or ---> HERE <--- to see both my doodles AND writing. Double dip right there.

Nosnits
Spaminator
Spaminator

Postby Brnin8r » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:55 pm

This sounds really cool and mercurial; like I could take my character anywhere in the world and do as I please (with repercussions of course) I will join if you allow me to!

My first question though is this: Are we starting out as characters with nothing but a dream in their mind and hope in their hearts, or can we go ahead and assume some entitlement? Like say the shaman of a nomadic wilderness tribe or a mayor of a province?
It's not about how much dough you make -- it's about how delicious a pizza you eat at the end.

http://swalrus.deviantart.com/ An ancient dA page that is thinking about standing up again someday.
Brnin8r
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Location: In a quiet home reading quiet books about loud worlds.

Postby Nosnits » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:43 pm

Brnin8r wrote:This sounds really cool and mercurial; like I could take my character anywhere in the world and do as I please (with repercussions of course) I will join if you allow me to!

My first question though is this: Are we starting out as characters with nothing but a dream in their mind and hope in their hearts, or can we go ahead and assume some entitlement? Like say the shaman of a nomadic wilderness tribe or a mayor of a province?

No! You're not allowed to! Blasphemy! Okay...you can...

Well, it was my thought to have it more of...well, a dream in their mind and hopes in their hearts kinda thing. I think it kinda ruins the fun if you start out on top....I already have one person, though, that talked to me about it..they're going to be starting in an organization. Maybe an assistant to the Shaman, and whatnot...but, if you REALLY want to start as a Shaman, then that's okay too.

First of all, a short little bio for each of the places you can come from/be in.
The Rhaledien Empire: Big, decaying, rotting empire.
Aelae, the free trading port city. Run by merchants, controlled by pirates.
Nostopia, a mining town that I just made the name up whilst writing the post....after one the legendary figures in the old war, Nosnits.
Barbarian States: These are broken up into 4-5 major tribes, and a few minor ones. Note...you'll have to make up stuff if you wanna be FROM a minor one, 'bout their background. They could even be extinct, and whatnot, leaving you as the sole surviver! Anyways, the major ones. Mostly, I'll talk of how they feel about the tribes being put together again...you can have more info if you want to go into...any of them.
Leukid: The major reconciliation power of the clans.
E_____(Forgot the name ^^'): They're a new clan...made mostly of defecores of other clans. They support the Leukids.
Manadoid: Was in charge the last time the tribes were unified. They do not support Unification though, they support domination of the other tribes. Bitter Rivals with the Leukids.
Arusiod: This is not a classic tribe, as they do not live in the traditional centeral planes like the rest do. They abide in the mountains. Stays out of the way of all other tribes, ONLY visiting every few clan meets.
C_______: They are completely, totally against unification. They want no part of it. As it seems that the Manadoid's agree, they side with them.
The two kingdom are up to bat next!
Kaveth: Hurray for Kaveth! Guess what nice local they’re in? A desert...
Iftel: The land...with potential! It’s not the biggest kingdom, and it’s king is young and handsome...but, it has chances to succeed ina tough world, with some tough help. Oh yeah....the king’s unmarried.
ANYWAYS...Character sheets~ Duh-duh-duh-duh...duh....DUH!

Name: (This is quality control...if you can't figure this out, then don't join.)
Age: (How many times have you eaten cake and given presents? Or, how many times has the river flooded? Or how many winters have you seen? Or how many moons have you lived through, divided by 12? The list....goes on!)
Race/Nationality/Tribe: This one is a bit more...out there. Where do you hail from, basically.
Gender: This is the big one...as there are very few to very-very few tfs planned for this rp...you SHOULD play as the gender you’re most comfterable playing as.
Biography: This important! Book sales are down, and such. This tells me..who your person is! Gasp~ Do this part, please.
Personality: Make this at least...make sense with the bio, not have it contradictory...
Skills: So I know what you’re good at...so I can challange your character well~
Other: Does it not fit in anything else? Put it into other. I COMMAND IT!
That’s it. Post. Knit the scarf. Ride the ogre.

Nosnits
Spaminator
Spaminator

Postby El Magnifico! » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:46 pm

Dear friend I have just met, I am an RP'er first and a transformer second! I will join this display of awesome! SUPA!

On question...magic, yes or no?
El Magnifico!
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Postby Blaze » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:57 pm

Name: Finger-Blade Grahms

Race/Nationality/Tribe: Aelae

Biography: Growing up as a youth in the slums of Aelae, Grahms saw how the people cowered in fear of the pirates who controlled the city, how they would give them anything they like in the hopes that they would leave them alone. He saw thins and thought, 'I want in on that.'

He became a cabin boy on the ship of a bunch of no-name pirates, thinking it was a start. On his first pillaging run, the four fingers of his left hand were cut off! Not to be deterred, he asked his father, a blacksmith of some renown to forge special knives that could be attached to the stumps.

He became quite notorious, earning himself the name 'Finger-Blade Grahms.' After the crew mutinied against their captain for hoarding most of the loot, they make Grahms captain and called themselves the 'Knife-Hand Pirates.' They are currently respected and feared throughout Aelae.

Personality: Grahms is utterly ruthless. He'll kill anyone who comes between him and his loot. He's also very precise and genre savvy. He treats his crew fairly because he knows that they'll won't mutiny and will work harder if he does. When it comes to pillaging, he fires the ship's cannons at whoever might try to resist them and always goes for the rich people's house first so the don't have time to hide their valuables.

Skills:
Fighting: He can use his finger-blades quite well to slice and stab. He can also use a cutlass or a gun with the other hand
Sailing: Working as a cabin boy for a while, he knows the ins and outs of sailing a ship
Navigation: Can read a map and use a compass and other navigational devices.

Leadership: He really knows how to inspire his men.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Nosnits » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:31 pm

Spanish Guy who is magnificent.
No, no magic...well, no magic that's not thought to be a distant, silly, myth.

Detective on Fire
Your character thingy is accepted. That should come as a total surprise to you, of course.

Anyways, above is how I'm going to be organizing things, with the PLACE name first, not the person name. If this gets way to big...I may split it up into different threads, each with a different region. But, that's not for now. Nos is for now, and I intend to do stuff....now. Anyways, expect the RP to be up...after I post it.

Oh, and keep those character applications flooding in^^

Nosnits
Spaminator
Spaminator

Next

Return to Roleplaying