[FFRP] Sir Godmodalot: And the Dungeon of No Return

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

[FFRP] Sir Godmodalot: And the Dungeon of No Return

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:58 pm

It's a shame that this is so different that it attracts so little interest. Ah, well. Same old, after all of these years.

Anyway, in this tale, the king has been poisoned. The cure is at the bottom of a dungeon that is purported to have a depth of one-hundred floors, and that it is guarded by a horrible creature most fierce. It was said that whomever should save the king would be promised his daughter's hand in marriage. And so it was that many knights, adventurers, mercenaries and average peasants went into the cave... never to return.

Would the young squire, Strudel Diddlesworth, share the same fate as those before him?

Posting order:

All_Knowing_Frog
Gwen
Blaze
Kaizer
Millinescence

I'll start things off with things in our little hero's favor.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Bright and early in the morn, with sword and shield in hand, Strudel Diddlesworth stood before the foreboding maw of the cave that led into the dungeon. The knight that he had served under, who had gone into the dungeon a week ago, was, as he feared, dead. His plan was to avenge him, and in doing so, in the pursuit of capturing of the cure for the king, would surely elevate his status like no one before him. He was an ambitious boy, to be sure, but it was an opportunity rarely placed at one's own feet, ready for the taking. And without venturing for it, what hope would he have of gaining it?

And so it was that he entered the dungeon with the utmost of caution. While the inside was illuminated by torches of green flame, a sign of the evil that permeated the place, it at least made it possible for him to use both of his hands for the trials ahead of him.
Last edited by Mitera Nikkou on Tue May 04, 2010 8:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Re: Sir Godmodalot: And the Dungeon of No Return

Postby Mistress Guendolen » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:49 pm

But such was not to be the case, for our intrepid hero! For, unbeknownst to him, trouble awaited.... Around the corner there lurked a one-eyed, one-horned, flying purple people eater! It swooped down, eggplant wings flapping, razor-sharp teeth agape, as it descended to devour the unwitting tasty morsel who had just walked into its lair! Sir Diddlesworth is monster food before his adventure even truly begins!
Adding to the magical kitten girl army...one huggle at a time mraa
Mistress Guendolen
Senpai
Senpai

Location: My own mental universe of animated otherworldly fantasy

Postby Blaze » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:28 pm

As the one-eyed, one-horned, flying purple people eater flew back to it's young to feed the unlucky knight, fortune smiled upon him! A conveniant cave-in occurs as the hideous monster flies through the cave, crushing the beast! Thankfully, it's mouth fell open as it died, allowing Strudel Diddlesworth to claw his way free, covered in sticky one-eyed, one-horned, flying purple people eater jouces and having no idea where to go, but alive at least!

Our sticky, lost hero bravely ventured deeper into the cave, apparently not having learned his lesson about being careful and having a weapon ready at all times.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Zoey » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:04 pm

Our hero should've turned around while luck was on his side. From to roof came crawling a swarm of beatles that ran around the walls like a cyclone of bug infested doom as their was demostrated as they devoured a courpe to the bone. The swarm turned to attack our brave hero, the chatter of their teeth filling up the whole cave!
"Let me confirm, your shelter shield is activated?"
"What are you planning?!"
"Your shelter is secure, is it?"
"Of course it is! Just see for yourself how powerless you are!"
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby muffinstud » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:12 pm

But luck had not completely abandoned our hero! The swarm stopped in a semi-circle in front of the lad and chittered amongst itself. Sir Diddlesworth could only assume that the bugs only ate rancid meat. Safe for the moment, he was still blocked entirely by the swarm, one step forward would mean stepping upon and crunching one of the bugs. But as mentioned earlier, luck was on our hero's side.

The bugs quickly propped up the skeletonized corpse and used it as a marionette in a grisly puppet show that was actually rather entertaining. Sir Diddlesworth found himself laughing, crying, and being more in tune with the human condition. Or is that the beetle condition? He didn't care, the show was great. After it was over, a larger beetle approached him and spoke in a squeaky voice. "It's not often that a critic comes into our cave to see our performances! Please, tell us what you thought!" In the back of the crowd, a higher squeak piped up. "We're finally going to Broadway!"
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:35 am

Diddlesworth found himself sitting at a judging panel with two other beetles of unusual size. With an English accent, he said, "that was absolutely dreadful. I think you're probably the most disillusioned group of beetles that we've ever had in this competition. And that's the truth. I think the group is horrendous. You have absolutely zero edge, no originality. I think, individually, you're weak; and as a group you're even worse. I think you have absolutely no chance of having a successful career. It was just a complete and utter waste of everyone's time, that audition."

It seems as though the beetles didn't appreciate his Simon Cowell impression, as they abandoned their rancid-only policy and decided to stomach fresh meat. And so it was that the beetles swarmed all over Diddlesworth and quickly rendered him into a pile of polished bones, while leaving the rest of him behind as a pile of beetle poo. But, surely, this couldn't be the end of our hero!?
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Mistress Guendolen » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:50 am

No, no, it was not the end! Poor Sir Diddlesworth, a pile of gleaming bone.... But who should come upon him but the wandering weird wizard, Mad Maxwell! A denizen of the dungeon, leaving chaos and confusion in his wake, he wandered and blathered is way in the direction of the lonesome remains. "Alack!" he cried. "Alas, a hero has fallen! Twiddle my knees and knock my thumbs, I must do something about this hitherto!" The mad, mad wizard sprinkled cinnamon and sugar, tossed peat moss, and did an impromptu polka of revival, to magically summon Sir Diddlesworth back, hale and whole, to the realm of the living, sword in hand and ready to resume his fight!
Mistress Guendolen
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Blaze » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:52 am

Indeed, Sir Diddlesworth was raring for a fight and so decided to stick his sword into the first thing he saw! Unfortunatly, the first thing he saw was poor Mad Maxwell. With a battle cry, he split the poor wizard's skull, painting the cave walls with his blood and brains. The wizard died with a look of confusion, sadness and what appeared to be arousal on his face. Or was that the blood?

Either way, with a cry of victory, Diddlesworth ventured deeper into the cave!
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Zoey » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:15 pm

So caught up on his recent victory over the "evil wizard" he failed to notice a trap door mechanism which activated upon stepping on a rock. A door opened on the cave wall and sucked him in. Everything went dark for a couple of seconds as the strong winds made him crash into the tunnels walls as he appeared to fall. Thankfully Diddlesworth was soon spit out about 2 stories high into a giant chamber deeper into the cavern. The place was no ordinary cavern as giant white crystals adorned the chamber floor. It would've been a sight to behold if it wasnt still for the fact he was about to fall into a freezing cold mini lake filled with man eating fish!
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby muffinstud » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:26 am

[Sorry for the delay, loads of personal drama going on. I'll try to log on here and there a bit, but I still need to deal with a bunch of things. At the very least, I won't let this die by my hand...again.]

[Also, I think I'm supposed to take a bad turn here, but it already looks bad for our hero. Oh well. From bad to worse...]

As luck would have it, the wondrous and beautiful crystals were sentient. Bestowed with intelligence by the fae of old, they saw the plight of our hapless hero and shifted their positions in the walls in an attempt to break his fall. If crystals could cringe, they would. Hitting the first crystal met with a meaty thud. His body bounced off and smacked into another and yet another like a grisly hackey sack. Down and down he bounced, until he hit the water with nary a bone intact in his entire body. The crystals resonated sheepishly as blood pooled in the water, attracting the fish nearer to him. "Sorry," they hummed. "Our bad..."
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:07 am

[Things happen. I'm just glad you're still coming back for this. Thanks. Really.]

But the water that Diddlesworth had fallen into was not just any water. Though his body was destroyed, his released spirit was drawn into the magical waters and given corporeal form. What kind of form, you ask? Why, none other than that of a water nymph! The spring was now hers, though she had no intention of sticking around. She didn't like the idea of being the naked beauty that she now was, but she was glad just to be alive.

And so it was that she found and retrieved her shield and sword and started down a tunnel that led out from her new home. Her daunting quest wasn't over!
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Mistress Guendolen » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:51 pm

Oh, what trials our hero has met! Now, in a luscious and lissome form, Dame Diddlesworth migrates the corridor, feeling cold stone beneath graceful but bare feet, dripping water in her wake.... But sadly, now came a problem! For our trandformed hero- heroine- was feeling the chill something fierce! Especially as, what should appear, but a wandering ice giant who lost its way! He huffed and puffed, and stomped and tromped- and knocked his head on the ceiling, dislodging a clump of snow from his shoulder and burying our intrepid crusader in a heap from head to toe! Oh, how frigid for one lonely and unclad nymph....
Mistress Guendolen
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Blaze » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:26 am

However, fortune smiled down on the poor naked nymph! A dragon passed by who was ill with a terrible head cold. As it passed by, it let out a mighty sneeze, shooting a jet of flame from it's nostrils that came dangerously close to our heroine's icy tomb! However, the flames were so hot they melted the snow, freeing the fair maiden!

However, the dragon has spotted her and is rather hungry. So now Dame Diddlesworth has a hungry dragon with a head cold to deal with. She raises her sword and shield and charges to meet the dragon in battle!
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Zoey » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:17 pm

However, Dame Diddlesworth again was shine upon with luck! The dragon instantly stoped at the sight of the sword. If feel to the ground and whimpered. Dame Diddlesworth waved the sword at the dragon, the dragon covering in fear at the site of it for some reason that might be link to childhood trauma cause by knights attacking the poor dragon in its youth, but we dont know that! Whatever the reason the dragon spewed up its lunch before running away like man runs away from a Hannah Montana concert. Dame Diddlesworth would AGAIN be lucky enough that even in salaiva the dragon has spewed clothes... female clothes, but clothes non the less!
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby muffinstud » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:49 pm

Dame Diddlesworth is about to put on the clothes when she notices something horrible! The clothes, they don't match! It seems that with the gift of her new body she also received a snobbish attitude towards fashion. She can't help but look on at the orange turtleneck and blue-and-white checkered skirt in utter revulsion. Whoever it was that wore those clothes deserved whatever fate they got.

And so, to prevent herself from being gagged with the proverbial spoon, she carries on just as naked as before. As she walks through the cavern, she comes across a door. A bright, shiny, hum-dinger of a door. She opens it and something in the room beyond clicks rather loudly. She pays it no heed for the moment, as the room seems to be some kind of bedroom, complete with a wardrobe. She opens it and breathes a sigh of relief to find some clothes that appease her newly refined tastes. Granted, she doesn't seem all that threatening in a silver gossamer gown, but that's what the sword and shield are for, right?
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Next

Return to Roleplaying