Black Sun Interest/Sign Up

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

Black Sun Interest/Sign Up

Postby Knight Errant » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:40 pm

I dont know, but this idea is still bothering me. That and the fact my medieval RP is taking off so slowly. This is my Sci Fi RP I had in my mind. The premise is this:

You are a Marine in the Earth Space Federation, sent to investigate a colony on the edges of colonized space. The colony has dropped out of contact, you are to find out what happened and reestablish contact if possible. Their last communications said something about alien structures being discovered on the planet, this is something because so far no intelligent life has yet been discovered.

This RP will be loosly based of the movie Aliens. Because it is one of my favorite movies of all time.

So, anyone interested?

*Edit*

SO what I need from you all is a character sheet! Looking somewhat like this:

Name:
Service Tag: (two letters and three numbers ex. TK-421)
Bio:

The universe is pretty standard Sci Fi. FTL drives allowing interstellar colonization. Human colonies are a mix of space stations, bio dome-like facilities on inhospitable world, and terra formed planets. Even with FTL, it takes months and sometimes years to make voyages from one system to another, so cryo sleep is the only practical course. Colonization and enlistment in the space marine corps takes a special kind of individual. One who dosent care that during their course of work they will most likely outlive all their friends and relatives by a good deal.

Your unit is assigned to the frigate ESF Hyperion, which is tasked with patrolling between colonies to deal with military matters as promptly as possible.
Last edited by Knight Errant on Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Re: Black Sun Interest/Sign Up

Postby Zoey » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:44 pm

That reminds me kinda of Avatar xD

Sure, I'd give this a shot.
"Let me confirm, your shelter shield is activated?"
"What are you planning?!"
"Your shelter is secure, is it?"
"Of course it is! Just see for yourself how powerless you are!"
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby muffinstud » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:29 pm

Aliens is the best one in the series, for me. So much build up, then so much awesome action. The first one comes close, if just for the scary factor. None of the others were anywhere near as suspenseful as the first, and I feel that the only way Aliens could have been better would have been to up the scary just a bit.

Oh, and I'm in.
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Alissa of Someday » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:48 pm

Game over man! Game over!
Er
By which I mean, I would be delighted to join.
Alissa of Someday
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:50 pm

I'd like to join in. It sounds like something quite different, which is good! I've never seen Aliens, but I can do before this begins :)
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Haylie » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:02 pm

I don't plan on watching Aliens, but I'm sure I'll pick it up as it goes. Count me in, I suppose.

I luuuuuuvs me some sci-fi. 8)
Zu fent wahl hin brii. Slen Ek Brit!
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Language

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Evra » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:08 pm

i will join if i can sounds like fun
Evra
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Mendi-chan » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:40 am

I'll participate if that's alright.
Husband to Mid Boss
Mendi-chan
MSF's Little Sister
MSF's Little Sister

Postby Knight Errant » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:33 pm

ALRIGHT! Looks like we DO have interest. Oh and for those who have not watched Aliens... Waaatch eeeet...

SO what I need from you all is a character sheet! Looking somewhat like this:

Name:
Service Tag: (two letters and three numbers ex. TK-421)
Bio:

The universe is pretty standard Sci Fi. FTL drives allowing interstellar colonization. Human colonies are a mix of space stations, bio dome-like facilities on inhospitable world, and terra formed planets. Even with FTL, it takes months and sometimes years to make voyages from one system to another, so cryo sleep is the only practical course. Colonization and enlistment in the space marine corps takes a special kind of individual. One who dosent care that during their course of work they will most likely outlive all their friends and relatives by a good deal.

Your unit is assigned to the frigate ESF Hyperion, which is tasked with patrolling between colonies to deal with military matters as promptly as possible.
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Brnin8r » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:35 pm

For the good of the mission, I WILL GO!!

Name: Bendak "Starkiller" Ren'ark

Physical Appearance: 6'4'', 240 lbs, Brown buzz-cut hair, Blue eyes. Skull tattoo on right bicep, STARKILLER tattoo across top of back, Supernova tattoo beneath the name, Earth Space Federation flag on left bicep (It waves when he flexes!). Scar across his right cheek. Hard features, cold stare.

Service Tag: HK-471

Bio: Bendak's hard core reputation for being a badass precedes him. He's been in the ESF since he was old enough to lie about his age (about 15). Living on a backwater colony world taught him to fight to win and play dirty. While his loyalty to his unit is without question, he's not known for following orders to the letter. Often finding alternative routes to achieve his goals, Bendak's service record is littered with close calls and near-misses, from flying an airborne assault vehicle into a demolitions depot seconds before pulling the eject lever to charging headlong into colony riots with little on but his uniform and a sidearm, he's proven himself crazier than most marines.

His nickname arose from a particularly ugly combat over the planet of Arcturus III. On a routine patrol, a coup arose on the planet's second moon. In the attempt to subdue it, Bendak ran ahead forward into the violence shooting hostile civilians and immobilizing anyone in his way. Once he made it into the central building where it started he uncovered key documents detailing a planet-wide secession from the federation. In response and without orders from his flagship, Bendak 'invited' one of the key officers to tell him the launch codes for several intercelestial missiles and with the coordinates of all the main offensive structures for the rebel group launched everything the moon had at each position. The rebellion plans were crushed before they had time to get off the ground. He would have been courtmartialed and discharged were it not for the documents and 'persuaded' individual. Instead of beind cut from the army, Bendak was given another medal of valor and all his buddies down at the barracks began calling him Starkiller from there. On the Hyperion, he's returned to patrolling the sectors of colonies.
It's not about how much dough you make -- it's about how delicious a pizza you eat at the end.

http://swalrus.deviantart.com/ An ancient dA page that is thinking about standing up again someday.
Brnin8r
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Location: In a quiet home reading quiet books about loud worlds.

Postby Knight Errant » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:34 pm

Approved! Also, you get super extra fun bonus points for putting in star wars KOTOR references in your character!
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Brnin8r » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:35 pm

YAY KOTOR REFERENCES! Lol...I had hoped you'd recognize those.
It's not about how much dough you make -- it's about how delicious a pizza you eat at the end.

http://swalrus.deviantart.com/ An ancient dA page that is thinking about standing up again someday.
Brnin8r
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Knight Errant » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:38 pm

I am the king of references... did you recognize TK-421?
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Brnin8r » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:43 pm

Pshaw. Who wouldn't have? "WHY AREN'T YOU AT YOUR POST!?!"

Brnin8r
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Haylie » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:46 pm

Ha! TK-421... I didn't get that at first, had to think for a moment. N8, you are my new favorite person. KotOR = win. 8)

Name: Paula "Paladin" Dackers
Phys. Ap: Tall for a woman at about 6' 3". Blond hair tied back in a tight, no-nonsense sort of ponytail. Green eyes. Beautiful, obviously, well-built Caucasian female with a bit of German thrown in there for flavor. When not in uniform, she wears a simple white shirt and jeans with a pair of star-shaped earrings.
Tag#: EL-337 ("el-eet")

Bio: A rare thing to see in the space marines, Paula volunteered when she turned 18 since she felt she had no other home. She decided to stay after she found she was treated better than where she lived previous, a small apartment on some nondescript moon with her neglectful mother and abusive brothers. She doesn't care to remember the moon's name. Her father, Carth Dackers, was in the marines, and what little she heard about him was full of bravery and chivalry, like stories of old knights in a time long-past. He was killed in battle. Even though she never knew him, she wanted to be just like him.

She got her nickname not only for her custom-made white armor, but also her steely resolve and finesse with almost any sort of rifle. She makes no-scoping insurgents from 100 yards away look easy. She's also fond of her sidearm, previously her father's, what she lovingly calls the Leviathan, a silvery piece of work made specifically for her father that she fixed up for herself. She's an excellent mechanic and pilot, as well.

She's not exactly what one would call "whimsical". She's very down-to-earth at the best of times, and she just wants to get the job done however she can, as fast as she can. She's the polar opposite of heartless, however, and will do her very best to defend the lives of anyone innocent she runs across, no matter what. But should they double-cross her... they're jettisoning out the nearest porthole within three minuets.
Zu fent wahl hin brii. Slen Ek Brit!
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Language

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Next

Return to Roleplaying