Black Sun Interest/Sign Up

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

Re: Black Sun Interest/Sign Up

Postby Evra » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:10 am

Name: Chris ''longshot'' Smith
Physical Appearance: Average height of 5'7 pale white skin raven black hair blue eyes skinny at about 136 pounds wears a custom lighter than normal armor for increased manuverability the armor is pitch black and on the opposite shoulderpad of the one with his servicetag theres a picture of a raven when not in uniform he wears a black shirt and pants
Service Tag: TF-141
Bio: As a kid him and his friends always played army as the years passed him and his friends started getting in shape to become marines. After finnaly getting through training and suceeding in being top of his sniper class he was sent to his current unit
Loadout: Tech loadout - (if allowed) a custom sniper rifle with enhancements for range peircing and accuracy pitch black in color with silencer and a 6 round clip - for smg a extended magazine and silencer with modifications to increase firing speed

( i apologize for my terrible posts lately due to possibly having to get a new computer im using my ps3 so yeah )
(loadout in listing =P )
Last edited by Evra on Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Evra
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Knight Errant » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:32 am

All right... with Haylie's and Evra's posts I will reveal the standard marine armament!

Your average marine is issued with a 40 ammo clip three round burst and full auto pulse rifle. The rifle fires light armor piercing rounds, and has a grenade launcher slung underneath. The launcher comes loaded with three fragmentation grenades.

Also the marine is issued a combat knife, pistol side arm, and nine hand grenades. The hand grenades resemble small cylinders, you pop the cap off of one and press the button down to set the charge. The hand grenades consist of three flash bang concussion grenades, three pepper gas grenades, and three thermite grenades.

There is also a 'heavy' loadout and a 'tech' loadout.

The heavy armament drops the pulse rifle in favor of a large caliber armor piercing machine gun. This gun is rather unwieldy, and is actually strapped to the marine via a harness. They also come equipped with a combat knife, a auto shotgun, and eight hand grenades. Half frag and half thermite.

The tech loadout comes with a sniper rifle, optical HUD visor, a computer slicing tool, a small toolkit complete with a laser cutting torch, a submachine gun backup weapon, and six grenades. Three EMP grenades and three flashbangs.

If you want to use your own personal weapons you can, to an extent, but you still are required to choose one of the three loadouts.
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Brnin8r » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:55 am

Bendak shall choose the standard kit!

Also...how many ammo clips come for the *cough* battle rifle *cough* on the battlefield, how many rounds in the pistol, and how many clips for it as well?

Does body armor differ from loadout to loadout?
It's not about how much dough you make -- it's about how delicious a pizza you eat at the end.

http://swalrus.deviantart.com/ An ancient dA page that is thinking about standing up again someday.
Brnin8r
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Location: In a quiet home reading quiet books about loud worlds.

Postby Knight Errant » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:28 am

Good question!

I have no idea. But after doing some research I came up with the following!

Pulse Rifle: 15 magazines. Each holding 40 rounds.

Shotgun: 60 rounds. It holds ten shells.

Heavy Machinegun: 2000 rounds. It is belt fed from a dispenser backpack.

Pistol : 8 magazines, each holding 15 rounds.

Sniper Rifle: 12 magazines, each holding five rounds.

Submachine gun: 10 magazines, each holding 30 rounds.
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Harri-chan » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:52 pm

I watched the movie, and actually enjoyed it a lot! I've never done a RP anything like this though, so apologies if I make mistakes. I debated long and hard over a female vs male character, and ended up going with one that feels a bit generic to me, but at the same time, it's very unlike my usual characters.

Name: Vic Gomez

Physical Appearance:

Vic is a pretty big guy, 6'2" in height, with broad shoulders and chest, thick arms and legs, all pure muscle. His head is shaved, and he has several scars across his tanned body (which is often visible), including one across his face that streaks right down from his forehead to the corner of his mouth, going right across an eye that is now covered with a black patch.

Service Tag: KT-320

Bio:

Vic doesn't come from a long line of famous military people, nor does he have any reason to want revenge on any alien life, he just wants to blow things up. Growing up on earth, he always wanted to become a space marine. He was never the smartest, but he was always the toughest. He's not the most skillful either, he's pretty poor with a sniper rifle, but he's not afraid of anything, and never gives up.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Zoey » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:56 pm

I'll put a sign up sheet ASAP
"Let me confirm, your shelter shield is activated?"
"What are you planning?!"
"Your shelter is secure, is it?"
"Of course it is! Just see for yourself how powerless you are!"
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Knight Errant » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:08 pm

So Harri... what loadout are you choosing? XD
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Haylie » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:10 pm

Paula will be the average marine gun-holder with the rifle. But she's got her own armor. Is that okay?
Zu fent wahl hin brii. Slen Ek Brit!
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Language

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Harri-chan » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:11 pm

I'll go with heavy!
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Knight Errant » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:21 pm

Haylie wrote:Paula will be the average marine gun-holder with the rifle. But she's got her own armor. Is that okay?

Sure, consider yourself approved.

Ickle Harri-chan wrote:I'll go with heavy!

Heh, nice choice. Approved!
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Zoey » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:57 pm

Name: Stryker Coleman
Load Out: Heavy
Specialty: Close combat and demolitions.
Physical Appearance: A 5'10 man with a muscular build. Tan skin, with a 5 o clock Shadow and short spikey black hair, blue eyes. He also has no left arm. Instead he has a mechanical one, though its well hidden thanks to his clothing.
Battle record: China 2052, Chibea Revolution. North Korea 2060, Dae-Ji's Uprissing.
Service Tag: DX - 619

Bio: Stryker comes from Scotland and a family of farmers. Battle runs through his blood as his grandfather was in the airforce, his Father in the army and now he was a Marine. His mother never wanted her son to enlist, but the thrill of the battle lured Stryker into joining at the age of 18. During training he exelled in all fields, though he hated having to resort to indirect combat. He preffered a more... personal approuch. At the age of 20, he was moved to the lunar base where he lost his left arm from a faulty Pulse Rifle. Despite this set back, thankfully medicine has advanced far enough that losing limbs is no longer something that cripples people. Stryker has been in 2 war zones already, all being civil wars around the battle, this will be his first out of planet mission.

Stryker likes to follow his gut and do what he feels is right, even if because of this he has gotten flak from supiriors due to not following orders. Though having a reckless behavior, he does carry out his mission successfully and with few cassualities to boot. Being recognized as a veteran at war that isnt the only side to him. Stryker has been known to be a bit devious and has a habbit of smoking, this has led to some discomfort amount teamates. Though thats usually just to hide his fears. No amount of expirience can stop a lucky bullet from hitting just the right place. He knows damn well that battlefield like the sea, is harsh mistress.
"Let me confirm, your shelter shield is activated?"
"What are you planning?!"
"Your shelter is secure, is it?"
"Of course it is! Just see for yourself how powerless you are!"
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Knight Errant » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:24 am

Alright... I am SO still doing this. Mass Effect 2 has just taken over my life recently. As I feared it might. No problem though, I plan to do a lot of catching up tomorrow.

Orrr I could always play MORE mass effect 2...
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Haylie » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:52 am

*I smack Errant over the head with a baseball bat*
NO! You will make this RP or Haylie will assimilate you! :evil:
Zu fent wahl hin brii. Slen Ek Brit!
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Language

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Knight Errant » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:48 pm

Right! Kaizer, approved! And good luck with that bionic arm! Make sure to keep it oiled.

Anyway... I think we have enough. So I will get things rolling!
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Danarth » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:36 pm

Name:Christian Guy Clayton
Physical Appearance: Standing just over six foot in height, broad shouldered and a muscular arms and legs from work as a colonist, slight paunch around his stomach from enjoying a bit to much home brewed ale. His hair is crew cut and black in colour, his beard is wirey, black and a little unkept, while his eyes are brown in colour with slightly larger irises because of the constant working in the dark, atop his head is pair of work goggles. His clothing consists of a rugged brown trousers, a diry white t-shirt and a thick, padded jacket as well as a thick belt with a few equipment hooks, which on the hooks hang a rebreather mask, a flashlight and in a holster a personal firearm.

Service Tag: CE-135

Bio:
After studying Physical Geography in university on Earth, it quickly became apparent that there was little use for anyone with such a degree was no longer useful on the earth as it had been rather throughly exploited for minerals and precious metals.

With no use for his degree on earth and limited other options open to him at that moment, he would spent some time as an idle drifter, doing odd jobs and living off a government stipend until one day he came across a colonial recruiting office who were looking for people to colonize new words, setting up new colonies from scratch on some recently discovered planets. He signed up for this new life without a second thought.

Soon after he was taken to a space station in geo stationary orbit above the earth and before being frozen into cryogenic stasis, he was issued with a colonial service tag. After many months within the cryogenic tube, they arrived to a new planet and were landed on the planet, the hard work began on building the colony. To begin it was hard, trying work and the only thing that seemed to get through the work was a fellow colonist who had set up a home brew of ale which sustained him through the hard work..
Danarth
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplaying