Demons of Watchwood Forest-Sign Up

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

Re: Demons of Watchwood Forest-Sign Up

Postby Knight Errant » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:28 am

Well Nature magic is illegal, but people still practice it in secret. In the end it would be up to where he learned it from, and what he is willing to risk. Families, small towns, and some blacksmiths still work with Nature magic etc. But if they were found out it might mean some painful re-education. Arcane is more 'mainstream' and accepted. But in the end, its up to you.
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Haylie » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:36 am

Hmmm... Maybe he's a bit of a troublemaker, eh? Being stealthy and all, maybe he's got some sticky fingers... And perhaps he doesn't like authority, either.

Genuis. 8)
Zu fent wahl hin brii. Slen Ek Brit!
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Language

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Blaze » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:49 am

Ohh, sounds good.

Name: James Lute.

Physical Description: To look at James is to look at 'average' personified. He is of average height, average build and has a plain, clean shaven face and dull brown hair cut short. However, his brown eyes are like that of a hawk, taking in everything in front of him. His sharp eyes and anonymity were perfect for his life as a Thief. He wears a hooded forest green cloak and a brown tunic, belt and pants. Under the cloak, he had a small bow and a quiver of arrows as well as two wicked daggers in his belt.

Skills: James' greatest talent lies in deception. He can lie with no indication that he is lying, pretend to be wounded to draw help from others, (who he then kills and robs,) and act shocked when something of great value is stolen, (He's usually the one who stole it. The one time he wasn't, he stole it from the guy who stole it.) His standard deception is to tell people he's a hunter which he uses to explain his sharp eyes. He's also quite handy with his small bow, which he uses to contribute to his hunter persona. However, his real skill is with his knives, which he can use for delicate acts like cut a man's coin purse to brutal acts like disemboweling the same man when he somehow caught him.

Biography: James was born to a family of thieves in one of the settlements in the woods, famous for producing thieves who always ended up dead from the stupidest mistakes. James was the finest thief the family had ever seen, never getting caught and always had an eye for the best targets. One day while the family was out pickpocketing, one of them was stupid enough to try and steal from a man involved with a local crime ring. They had always tolerated the Lutes but this time they pushed them too far and they sent some men to burn down their house and kill his family. James was alone in the world. He continued to steal for a living while working to find the crime ring. He managed to isolate the headquarters of the crime ring and called the city guard on them. The people who ran it were killed or sent to jail and James left the settlement for Overwatch, his family avenged and his spirits lifted.

He brought a house in Overwatch, posing as a hunter and explaining his long absences a when he went off into the forest to steal from trading caravans as hunting trips. Sometimes, he would actually hunt something and trade some of it away of give it to his neighbors to keep up his deception as a friendly, if aloof, hunter. When he heard about the tournament and reward, he wondered if this was the stupid mistake to get him killed, but decided the reward was too great and signed up.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Brnin8r » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:00 am

Would the codex be up for suggestions? Like flavoring the world via messaging you?

And it all sounds AYMAYZING!
It's not about how much dough you make -- it's about how delicious a pizza you eat at the end.

http://swalrus.deviantart.com/ An ancient dA page that is thinking about standing up again someday.
Brnin8r
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Location: In a quiet home reading quiet books about loud worlds.

Postby Knight Errant » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:06 am

Blaze, your accepted.

Brnin8r wrote:Would the codex be up for suggestions? Like flavoring the world via messaging you?

And it all sounds AYMAYZING!

Suggest away! I'm going to go look for a place to put it...
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Alissa of Someday » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:57 am

My my myyy. I'll have to see if I can't fix m'self a character for this in the morrow. Looks delightful.
Alissa of Someday
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Stray-chan » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:19 am

That is some through magic info. I will ponder it and write up a mage.
Stray-chan and Lost Wanderer are different people now! Yay!
Catgirl-maid Lost
Stray-chan
Proponent of Disorder
Proponent of Disorder

Postby Knight Errant » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:30 am

Thank you, thank you... I try. I have decided to make the first post of this an info dump for all this stuff pouring out of my head. So expect an update tomorrow. As for now, I sleep.

Tomorrow evening, we may start!
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Knight Errant » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:05 pm

Right, I edited the first post, making some additional info and gathering my ramblings so far. It looks sufficient for now, so as soon as we get the last character sheets in we will begin!
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Nosnits » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:26 am

Name(s):
Real name: Earl of Evendim, Duke of Oris, HRH Andrew Walter III, Prince of Rodina.
Name of Disguise: Walter Andrews (What a cunning ruse!....and not a mouthful either...)

Physical Description: Andrew, the prince, is a fine featured man, or teenager, if you will, (Wow, lots of commas there) with a very slender build. His striking red hair, the only thing that sets him apart from his brothers and father 'Royal Blond', is normally bleached blond to avoid any and all suspicion of him being.....well, to put it bluntly, a bastard son. He always stands clean and erect, perfect posture on his tall, slim frame.

Walter, on the other hand (His poor alter-ego) is dirty and unshaven, his hair unbleached and uncombed. He wears...well, farmers clothes, with the 'perfect' degree of dirt on them. He hunches over a bit when he walks like this too...but, anyone with a trained eye can see that he's...not a real farmer.

Skills: Being able to not farm is very high on his list, though, luckily, he's not entering a horticultural tournament. He's skilled with a blade, the same way a ballet dancer is skilled with grinding. He knows how to fight 'duels', polite one on one battles, but not much more. His main area of expertise,however, is magic. He keeps in physical form with his fighting, so he can have enough strength to control his abilities. He is also very adept at courlty games, dancing and such....because that'll DEFINITELY be useful in a forest.

Biography:
(I hope I'm not messing with your Canon, or anything like that...)
The Walterian royal line traces directly back to the war of Unification. One of Jarius' cousins, who served on the war council, was awarded after the war, what would become the Kingdom of Rodina. The direct descendent of this man Is King Mallard IV(Not his full name, of course), and his many sons. One of them, Andrew, was born from a diplomatic match with a westward kingdom. As a result from this, he looks different then his other brothers, born to the King's second, and more typical wife. His roll of royal heir to the throne was threatened the moment his eldest younger brother was born, and went further into peril as more were born. He turned to learn the Arcane arts, a skill his younger brothers could not seem to master themselves (Perhaps dues to over-inbreeding). On the eve of his 18th birthday, news came that the Kingdom of Witchwood was looking for champions for a quest. Andrew took up the quest, seeing it a way for him to prove he was most suited for the throne; However, he had to accept one clause. He had to go in disguise, so that he would not be chosen as the champion to appease Rodina, or by his noble birth. In return, if he joined the team of champion's, completed the quest, and came back alive...he would be crowned the Official Crown Prince, and legal heir to the throne. Thus, Walter Andrews was born.

The most brilliant and undetectable false name EVER, Walter Andrews is from a small farming community in a unnamed and neighbouring Kingdom. Hearing the call for champions, he decided to try, having....uhh....been apprenticed to a mage as a young boy....and...learned stuff...and decided he wanted to see if he could help. Not a watertight story, for sure...but Andrew just hopes no-one will ask him about it....else he'll have to make it up on the spot.

Done. Hope I didn't take TOO many liberties with my character right there...
Hey, you! No...not you....You! Go ---> HERE <--- to red the drabbles of stuff I've written, or ---> HERE <--- to see both my doodles AND writing. Double dip right there.

Knit the scarf. Ride the ogre.
Nosnits
Spaminator
Spaminator

Postby Alissa of Someday » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:31 am

Name: Onín Finzaro

Physical Description: Onín looks like he was hewn from rough stone. Not literally, of course, but saying that gives on a general idea of his build--his skin is thick from scarring, and his whole body seems to be generally large and imposing. While not actually inhumanly tall or muscled, he seems to come close at times. His limbs are as thick as tree branches, and his hair is short, but dark and wild. Where most adventurers opt for heavy armor, Onín wears only an adventuring suit of cloth and padded leather.

Skills: Onín is, at his core, a fighter. He claims to have killed over a thousand witches with naught his trusty claymore, and his scars seem to tell the truth of it. Beyond that, he has a large crossbow that he lugs around, and is never too shy to whip out at a moment's notice...though he's never said how many witches he's killed with that.

Biography: Onín came to the kingdom from without--as the story goes, he washed up one day on the beach, the tongue of a sea serpent clutched in one hand tightly, a sign of triumph over the depths. Since then, he has made something of a name for himself in the kingdom. He is by no means a national celebrity, but he has slowly come to be a common person to call for the purpose of destroying mysterious creatures and, especially rogue mages (the so-called 'vampires' and the like) and the like. In some towns...albeit not too many...he is known as Onín Sparkslayer, in recognition of his continued triumph over mystical forces.

What of his life before coming to the country, you ask? Few know it, and not all that many have pressed the man on the matter, but as the story goes, Onín actually originated from a small island nation called 'Chienko'. Few people have heard of Chienko, but it does exist--a small country out in the middle of nowhere, that is rarely bothered by other nations simply because it has very little intrinsic value...and is too far away to really go to war with easily anyhow.

As Onín tells it, growing up there, he could never stand the peace. The island, pretty much self-sufficient, is actually something of a utopia, where violence is cast aside and problems are solved via intellectual debate. Living there, he was restless, yearning for challenge. Eventually, he managed to built a small raft and escape the island, barely surviving to make it to the next coast, and then the one after that., but slowly toughening during his journeys until he reached the distant shore of the kingdom.
Last edited by Alissa of Someday on Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alissa of Someday
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Knight Errant » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:57 am

Nos and Alissa are accepted! Just waiting on Stray...

Starting this tomorrow may be difficult. I will most likely be going to a new years eve party. But... we will see what happens.
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby ashuros » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:55 pm

Name: Francis Mafig
Physical Description: Francis is a short and scrawny man, so much so that he’d appear sickly if not for his thick brown beard and heavy tan. He’s usually dresses in his vestments only when performing his duties, preferring casual dress so not to alienate the people of watchwood.

Skills: As a priest Francis has studied divine magic with the intent to heal but understands the basics in offensive spells.

Biography:
Francis was born in the town of Donovan. As their first born to Mafig he was expected to inherit their grand store which had become the centre of the village’s business, a fact which Francis would let no one forget.
However this was not to be as shortly after his 16th birthday, a terrible famine struck the village and soon the people could barely feed themselves. With no food supplies from local farmers to sell and no one willing to spend what precious little money they had on their remaining wears the Mafig’s store soon crumbled.
Terrified Francis stole with little money his family had and left Donovan. He wandered the land for nearly a year, attempting to survive as a thief but having little talent in the arts of deception or combat meant he had little success.
Giving in to his own failure, Francis became a beggared but this too was not to last long. On his last night as a beggared, Francis was captured by a mage hungry for his Mana and would have met his end were he not saved a brave paladin Arnold Gavin. The encounter helped Francis appreciate the value of his own life and to see that god had not abounded him. Shortly after with aid Arnold, Francis started to rebuild his life and eventually joined the priest hood.
Shortly after completing his training Francis requested placement with in watchwood. Having heard the stories of the people’s heresy, Francis hoped to help strengthen the bound between the people and the church. Months later after varying levels of success his discovers the king’s request and believes this to be the solution.
ashuros
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Kether » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:59 pm

Name:Jibril Al-Zeid
Physical Description:He just reaches 5 feet in height and generally dresses in the robes and turban of his homeland. What skin he shows tan arab tones his hair is the black of his people and its trimmed short, his face sports a vandyke His body beneath the robes are is thin and lithe. Finnally in odd contrast his eyes are a bright green.

Skills:He is handy with his Scimitar he may not be the greatest swordsman evar, but he knows his way around a duel. He is literate familiar with the classics from Aristotle to Idras. He is a mystic though more properly an Alchemist or Natural philosopher than what more superstious types

Biography:In a far off land he was a scholar and mystic learning and eventually teaching at the great universities of that far away land. Eventually though the doom of all scholars came to him, the belief that he should get involved in politics. Suffice to say this did not go so well for him, he supported the wrong side one too many times, may have been some sort of misunderstanding with one of the Caliph's daughter's suffice to say he was "sent" as an "ambassador" to the distant stone cities of the south, it went well he learned alot and picked up a taste for travel, he has since found himself exploring, finding himself to the farthest edges of the islamic world and then well beyond it. Thus bringing him here.
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Stray-chan » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:51 pm

Sorry, New Years had me busy for a couple days. I'll have something up tomorrow.
Stray-chan and Lost Wanderer are different people now! Yay!
Catgirl-maid Lost
Stray-chan
Proponent of Disorder
Proponent of Disorder

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplaying