Demons of Watchwood Forest-Sign Up

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

Re: Demons of Watchwood Forest-Sign Up

Postby Knight Errant » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:44 am

Mhm, I plan to start tomorrow! So thats good. Finally I have a day off where I can concentrate on the beginning!
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby ZeroForever » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:59 am

I actually created this for another RP that never got off the ground, adjusted it slightly but i think it could work with your scenario, just let me know.

_____

Name: Victor Walker
Height: 4’10
weight: 75
sex: male
hair: blond
eyes: blue
Species: Human

Description :
Due to the below he looks like pale pretty boy of no more then 12.

Bio:
As a child he was born and abandoned in the slums of "the capital of one of the states" he was raised in one of the local orphanage, as a child he was fairly normal robust child, the orphanage however was run by a not so holy father who used and abused the children inside, victor soon become one of the fathers favorites due to his warped tastes. In order to spare the other children the events he willing let himself be used and willing let him be cursed, the father used pagan faiths art’s cursing victor at the age to 12 to never again age locking him in youthful form for his pleasure. However by this time the church had sensed something amiss with the orphanage, 12 months after having been cursed a new convoy had been sent to the orphanage.

The dark minister knew something was amiss and tried to escape several nights before the convoy arrived however this panic gave victor a chance which he took to end the minister’s life. As the convoyed arrived they took control of the situation, as the events were revealed of what had transpired the orphanage was shut down and the kids there sent to various locations most of information hidden from the public eye. Victor however was taken directly to the cathedral where he admitted the sins that he took and committed. He was surprising pardoned by an arch bishop himself. Taking a vow never to let such things happen to others he was training in the dogma of an executor’s group learning there methods and ways. The curse remains with him however as an agent of the church he fights for the faith; he is currently 31 years old.

Weapons – knives hidden within his robes

General Abilities – uses generic faith based healing and mending spells as well as various protection spells and wards, usually acts like a child prodigy healer due to the fact that his appearance doesn’t reflect the skills are those of a decade’s old master.
In the public eye he acts like a clumsy priest untrained in battle but his actual skills are those of a master assassin, capable of wielding his knives if a suave dance of death.
the anti-thesis of myself... come see, feel, know the truth beyond truths it'll just cost your soul.....
Overlords+Magic+Tropes=TF TG and flying jigglypuffs... among other things
ZeroForever
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Knight Errant » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:00 pm

Approved Zero! Prepare for First Post!

Any minute now...
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Knight Errant » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:59 pm

First post is posted! Everyone who has submitted a character sheet so far is approved.
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby muffinstud » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:49 pm

Let's have a go at this, shall we?

Name: Hogarth Vernal

Physical description: Bit of scraggly, brown stubble on his chin, matches unruly but not too long hair on top. Disconcerting grey eyes (pupils, whites, everything is grey) keep him in a downcast appearance, not wanting to look anyone in the eye. Has a decent build from working on a farm, but not particularly muscular or tall. He wears brown canvas pants, a rough linen shirt and a thick wool cloak.

Bio: A simple farmer out in the boonies, Hogarth grew up near but not quite in the deep woods. As such he gained a love of nature and the creatures in and around his farm. As he grew up, he developed a keen tracker's sense and found himself more at ease with the animals than he did with most people. One day, whilst tracking a deer, he got himself lost and found himself farther in the woods than he had ever gone. He was approached by an odd-looking animal that spoke to him. It offered him powerful abilities, but for a price. Foolish youth that he was, he accepted the offer. From that day on, he found he was able to do strange things with metal, but his eyes had turned a cold grey. He could still see, but only just barely. Everything in the world appears grainy and rough, as if in a constant sandstorm. He still avoids people when he can, as he still prefers the company of animals, especially considering how people treat him like some kind of freak or cripple.

He is usually quiet, and when he speaks he is rather blunt. His no-nonsense work ethic has kept him out of the poor house, but he knows that he can do much more than just work a farm. He eventually left his family to seek some kind of fortune to bring them a better standard of living.

Abilities: Nature Magic- metal
Hogarth is able to conjure metal at will, but only in simple shapes. He can control metal in the environment and in the hands of others, but only to a small extent. Mostly, he summons shields to protect himself or creates a wall of spears or axes to fend off attackers. Any metal that he summons will disappear if he wills it or if he loses consciousness. His vision, despite hindering his vision in most cases, allows him to easily see metal objects, even behind walls.
He hides his forbidden magic by pretending to be a traveling juggler and sword swallower. What he makes to seem like slight of hand is truly him manipulating and summoning metal. Still, he prefers not to practice his art in more populous areas, since there's the chance of someone asking too many questions.
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Knight Errant » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:49 pm

And so... the studly muffin joins the ranks of the demon fodde-er I mean brave heroes!

Accepted! Now get your rear to the Arena!
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby all_knowing_frog » Tue May 11, 2010 4:00 pm

Name: Dirk Numen

Description: About as far from heroic as possible, he's short, scrawny, and in serios need of fashion help. Brown unruly hair, all he ever does is wash it and couldn't care less on how it looked. Wears a strange contraption that could pass as glasses...or a telescope...actually, just about anything with a lens; lots of arms and things with variese optical devices attached. He wears lots of discolored, ratty, and patchwork robes, he has abotu on at a time. Inside them are small vials, ingrediants, strange containers, possibly a living creature or two. He wears a pair of travelers boots and fingureless thick leather gloves. It's pretty easy to tell if he's nearby as he has a strong, distinctive oder. It's strange, not nasty, but sertanly not pleasent.

Skills: Machanicly inclined, this includes anything with levers, wheels, gears, or some such. Able to perform basic repairs to house hold items (and house holds) Alchemy(traditional, not Full Metal...)

Biography: He had a relatively normal child hood on a farm...except he never did anyfarm work, he had more then enough older brothers to do it... what he did was repair stuff. The house, the tools, the barn, etc. Eventually started to try and improve things, with mixed results. When he was finaly allowed to, Dirk found himself trying out Arcane Magic, again, with mixed results. He was fine with most of it, but having an exceptionaly small mana pool to draw from, had to give it up. So he turned to an out cropping of it, Alchemy. With this he was able to continue to persue knowledge into the arcane. Eventually he found himself traveling allot searching for component and such, as he enjoyed it, he continued it, eventually earning the nickname, the walking lab for his tendancy to bring as many intruments as possible into the field. Has become relatively talented in defending hiimself with his variose concoctions, but has been known to use the wrong vial for the job upon occasion. Is quite the sprinter from traveling so much with a heavy pack. He also doesn't waste much, infact, his robes are made from his past robes as they became to damaged for use. He's joining the heroes because the demons threaten his reaserch.

this alright?
All Glory to the Hypno Suwako...
I know quite a bit, but it's mostly useless info.
all_knowing_frog
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Knight Errant » Tue May 11, 2010 6:14 pm

Sounds good... is he going to be a resident of Watchwood? Or is he traveling there from another land. Since the arena is done, you could either travel to Overwatch Castle as a late entry, or just start in the land. What do you think?
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby all_knowing_frog » Tue May 11, 2010 7:50 pm

In the land, I was thinking in whatever town would be near a place with lots of foreign substances, probably near the forest, but it's up to you of course
all_knowing_frog
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Knight Errant » Wed May 12, 2010 12:07 am

Hmm... sure. How about a mining town in Watchwood? If so, want me to make up some town history for you? XD
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby all_knowing_frog » Wed May 12, 2010 8:45 am

That'd be great. I'll work with it from there
all_knowing_frog
MSFer
MSFer

Previous

Return to Roleplaying