Magic School RP Proposal

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

Magic School RP Proposal

Postby Bigmouthstrikes » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:01 pm

Okay, once upon a time, I did an RP on another site. It ended up being really enjoyable to all the people who got involved, and since I've joined this community, I was kind of hoping I could get it going again here.

Essentially, it's about a school that exists for kids who have been exposed to the mysterious force known as "magic". It can do most anything that people typically conceive magic of being capable of, although it can't be used by everyone, nor used well by everyone who can use it at all. The school houses two types of students: those who are gifted enough to be able to use magic, and those who have been cursed by it. It attempts to teach the former how to control and enhance their abilities, and the latter how to cope with them, and why it's important for them to keep quiet about it. The school is administered by a man named David Hopp, who is well loved by students, and has an astounding grasp on the individual goings on in students' lives. He is often known to drop in and visit students. The school itself is nestled away somewhere in the US, and other than the strange student body, nothing about it is out of the ordinary.

And that's about it. Your character can be either a student capable of using magic, or one who has been changed by it. If you want, you can also be a faculty member. There's no main management, so once the characters are in place, they're turned loose to interact with each other however the players want to. I'll post my character once I see that a few people are interested.
My DevaintART Account - Here there be writings
Bigmouthstrikes
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Re: Magic School RP Proposal

Postby Jacqueline » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:03 pm

This sounds quite interesting. I'd be happy to join, if allowed.
Check out the test to find out who you are!
Jacqueline
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Bigmouthstrikes » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:07 pm

Of course you are! Create a character or two (although I'd prefer no more than that) and I'll let you in no problem
Bigmouthstrikes
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Alissa of Someday » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:29 pm

Interesting indeed. I'm not sure whether or not I would wish to join yet for sure, but is an intriguing proposition.
Alissa of Someday
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Marky » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:31 pm

Sounds interesting to me. I'll probably wait for you to get up your character up before deciding for sure on things.
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Bigmouthstrikes » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:40 pm

Okay, well my character, then...or at least the first one

Scott Winters
Appearance: Scott is a good looking brunette with medium long, un-kept hair. He is fairly scrawny, not very athletic, and about 5'11.
Info: Scott is a cursed young man. When he was 14, he started dating another girl, behind the back of the one he was currently with. In retaliation, her mother put a curse on Scott. Since then, whenever he hears certain words, he will transform into the female stereotype of them, in both body and mind. Each time he heres the word, it becomes more intense. He reverts when he hears the world "Cheeseburger". Unable to function in many regards because of this, he was taken to the school, where he's been ever since. He is a friendly and outgoing student, and has a reputation for going after anything in a skirt.
Last edited by Bigmouthstrikes on Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bigmouthstrikes
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Harri-chan » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:51 pm

Ginevra Lidell
Aged 14

Blonde haired and blue eyed, tall for her age, but very skinny and under-developed. She wears glasses, and her eyesight is particularly poor without them. Her clothes are always neat and tidy, her blouses always buttoned to the very top, and there's never a hair out of place on her head. That's not to say she's particularly fashionable.

Ginevra (or Ginny to her friends... if she had any), is quite the bookworm. Classes and studying also happens to be her hobbies. When she does have free time, she's usually spending it with a book, sometimes a novel, sometimes a book to teach her something new. If she's not reading her books, then she's on her laptop, researching from the web, or creating her own worlds through stories or roleplay.

She's a pretty shy girl, and likes to keep to herself, mostly for fear of being teased by others. She's definatley got a talent though... she's just not worked out exactly how to use it in the right way yet. Ginny could possibly be one of the most talented magic users of her age, but the problem is, to use that magic, her age is cut in half. Ironically, it's very similar to the Magical Girls in some of her books. Nothing works until she flicks a mental on switch inside her head, which causes the transformation. Thankfully, any clothing she's wearing at the time re-sizes and re-styles itself, so there's no embarrassing situations where outfits suddenly become much too big, or much too small.

Ginny believes if she studies enough, she'll find a way a way to use her magic, without it taking such a big sacrifice on her physical form.

Megan Matthews
Age 24

Miss Matthews is one of the school's teachers, although not one of the magical kind. She was one of those employed to help the kids keep up with their 'normal' education while improving their magical abilities. She has fiery red curls of hair, green eyes, pale freckled skin and a nice body, that she likes showing off, making a few of her older female students jealous. She's not a horrible person, but she does like showing the kids who's in charge, and giving out detention gives her a warm, fuzzy feeling inside.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby KonokoHasano » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:16 pm

Name: Penny Pekoro
Appearance: Penny is an innocent-looking girl with bright blonde hair that is tied up in three different ponytails. One on each side of her head, and one in the back. She has green eyes and can often be seen wearing baggy clothing. She is about 4'8" tall.
Bio: Penny is a hyperactive and ditzy girl who is prone to spouting out non-sequitur on many occasions. Despite being ditzy and prone to short attention spans, she is very intelligent, and can often spot things that nobody else even thinks about. She's able to use some of her own innate magical abilities thanks to her mother, and can actually use some of it. At odd moments, she'll pull out a pair of boxers with eye holes and place them on top of her head, becoming the great -- in her mind -- Masked Boxer, protector of the innocent.
Jump up and fly!
My characters
KonokoHasano
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby greatgooglymoogly » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:01 pm

I'm definitely in (though I may or may not have been apart of the original hahahaa) . Gimme a day or so to come up with a character or two.
greatgooglymoogly
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Sailor Ganymede » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:08 pm

I will post a character as soon as I think of one. I don't know when that will be though.
Sailor Ganymede
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:07 am

Name: Jarrod Taylor
Appearance: Light brown hair down to the middle of his neck, with green eyes and glasses. He's rather thin, though this tends to be hidden by somewhat baggy, casual clothes.
Bio: Jarrod's always been a bit socially awkward, which wasn't exactly helped by the death of his parents at age 5. He's known he has magic for several years now, but has no diea of how to control it, which has led to a few accidents in the past. And so, he hid it, and quietly worked his way through school life, ignoring those around, and being ignored in return.

That is, until he discovered Hopp's academy. Now, he hopes that he will be able to finally master his gift, and maybe, just maybe, find some way to turn his life around...

So... how's this?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Bigmouthstrikes » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:21 pm

I'm going to kick this off on Friday, it looks like. Anyone who wants to join once it's gotten under way is more than welcome to
Bigmouthstrikes
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Jacqueline » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:02 am

Jenna Wester
Appearance: Jenna is short and thin. Coupled with the pair of big, round glasses perched on her petite nose she looks every bit the cliché bookworm. Given that, the fact that she has an IQ reaching somewhere into the high stratosphere almost doesn't come a surprise. Jenna habitually wears a white labcoat, whose pockets are stuffed with all sorts of gadgets and utilities.
Info: Jenna is a scientist. She has taken it upon herself to unravel the secrets of magic and merge them with contemporary technology, creating what she calls 'magnology'. Upon locating the Magic school she instantly registered for each and every class and moved into the dorms.
Check out the test to find out who you are!
Jacqueline
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby greatgooglymoogly » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:55 am

Genevieve Russo

Appearance: Genevieve (or Jen, to her friends) is a cute young Italian girl. She is about 5'2" with black shorter hair just reaching her shoulders. She always dresses casually, and is rarely seen in anything resembling a skirt.
Info: Genevieve can be your best friend, or your worst enemy. She is very nice and loyal to her friends. Almost too loyal. She is very skilled in magic, especially attacking spells (nothing fatal, mostly just immobilizing). She has a fiery and very spunky personality, and a bit of a Napoleon Complex. She also has a sweet side that her closer friends can bring out in her, and she would do anything to protect them. This girl is the definition of spunky.
greatgooglymoogly
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Bigmouthstrikes » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:26 am

If anyone is still interested in this, I'd like to start it this afternoon when I'm done with finals.
Bigmouthstrikes
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Next

Return to Roleplaying