[SRP] Hybrid Adventures 1.5 signup and OOC discussion.

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

[SRP] Hybrid Adventures 1.5 signup and OOC discussion.

Postby Shadowmaster » Wed May 06, 2009 10:00 pm

Gonna try to think of a catchier name than that...

Anyway, it's been a few months and I'm about ready to give this a shot. I've done some thinking, some planning, and...well, let's just get to it. I'm hoping everyone will open this with an open mind and free of any hostility left over from the last attempt.

For those who don't know, this RP is based around people being infused with pokemon DNA, and becoming human/pokemon hybrids. If anyone who's new and interested wants more in depth info, they can pm me.

The Story: Taking place a mere three years after the events of the first Hybrid RP, the story continues on the Zasshu Islands. A few months after the Hybrids first became known to the public, a few were seen around the islands, and soon a building went up on the Northern Island. Many of the humans who lived upon the Island stayed away, and for a time there were no problems...

But, the peace that existed on the islands was soon shattered. The Hybrids who had come to the islands began attacking villages, and even taking people during the attacks. While everyone hated the attacks, few had the courage to stand up to the inhumanly powerful Hybrids, and even fewer were strong enough to do anything about them...

Now, the attacks have been increasing in frequency over the past few months. Everyone on the islands are worried that a full scale war is going to break out, and are desperately trying to find some way to stand against the Hybrids.

The Setting: The Zasshu Islands consist of four main land masses. The Northern Island, the Southern Island, the Eastern Island, and the Western Island.

The Northern Island, at this point in time, is completely overrun by the Hybrids who migrated there. The Island is now seen as a no mans land, and anyone who is taken there is considered to be lost.

The Southern Island is the largest of the four islands, and is considered to be a great vacation spot. Even with the Hybrid attacks, the resorts here see alot of business year round. This is also the most widely populated of the four islands.

The Eastern Island is the smallest, and is thought to be uninhabited. At one point, there were some cities here, but they were abandoned long before the Hybrids even arrived. It is also the site of sporadic weather conditions, ranging from sunny to torrential rains. In recent days, there have been rumors of creatures on the island...

The Western Island is only slightly larger than the Eastern Island, but has more resources. As such, it is the home to some small cities and villages, but has no resorts like the Southern Island has. This island has been labeled as incredibly boring by many of the kids who live there, but it has also seen the fewest attacks by the Hybrids.

Some rules and guidelines: Due to the problems I've faced in the past, I'm laying things out here first. Any and all plot ideas need to be run through me. Unless I give the go ahead for something, it can't happen. I will also be in charge of all large scale groups within the RP. All you guys need to worry about are your characters. If you have a problem with another player in the RP or something they have done, talk to me about it and we'll try to work it out. Hopefully there won't be any major issues. Also, let's try to keep the material in the RP on a level that everyone is comfortable with. This is meant to be fun, and I don't want anyone uncomfortable.

Also, on the plot idea side, I have many of the major points worked out, but I do like to include the ideas that people have for their own sub-plots, so feel free to shoot them my way. Unless it conflicts with the story I have in mind, I'll probably do it.

Characters: Before I get to the character sheet, I'm going to address a question I'm sure will arise. "Can/will our old characters return?" At this point, in this one, I'm going to say no. While I do plan to revisit the characters from the first RP, but I feel some things needed to be done first, and I can get those things done during the course of this RP. I could elaborate, but this post is already running long...so if the older characters come into this RP at all, it'll either be for very small cameos, or not until pretty far in.

Now, the character sheet. Pretty much the same as before:

Name:
Pokemon DNA they're infused with:
Other changes caused by the DNA: AP, AR, TG, etc...
Bio:

I believe that's all for now. I'll probably get the RP going Friday or Saturday, but people can join in after that too. So, go ahead and post your characters.
Last edited by Shadowmaster on Sat May 09, 2009 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am a ninja, zam.
Shadowmaster
Total Nutcase
Total Nutcase

Re: Hybrid Adventures 1.5 signup.

Postby AshK » Wed May 06, 2009 10:27 pm

Name: Jason Mitchell Norris(no relation to Chuck Norris LOL! :lol:)
Pokemon DNA they're infused with: Female Togetic
Other changes caused by the DNA: TG/AP with Mental changes complete and total if possible
Bio: Grew up with the Mist gang. Before the attack, moved to a neighboring island and is currently in college majoring in Web Design. Graduated a year early from high schoo because he fulfilled all the requirements.

I will add a bit more if necessary Shadow. This is what I have for now. I most likely will not be using this color for the dialogue though.
Last edited by AshK on Fri May 08, 2009 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
AshK
Postimus Maximus
Postimus Maximus

Postby Shadowmaster » Wed May 06, 2009 10:31 pm

Fine by me. Take your time.
I am a ninja, zam.
Shadowmaster
Total Nutcase
Total Nutcase

Postby AshK » Wed May 06, 2009 10:33 pm

I am willing to offer my services as a Co-GM once I get my character posted. If that's okay with you that is.
AshK
Postimus Maximus
Postimus Maximus

Postby Sasha » Wed May 06, 2009 10:57 pm

Name: Lucia
Nickname: Aqua
Pokemon DNA they're infused with: Dewgong
Other changes caused by the DNA: ability to breath under water, AP to 17
Bio: Older sister to flora and lives with her and their family. She loves to hang out with her friends Riley, Rem, Glitch, James, and Sarah
Pokeform looks: Long white hair, blue eyes, horn, pale white skin, and tail.

Name: James
Nickname: Nova
Pokemon DNA they're infused with: Hound doom
Other changes caused by the DNA: TG, Ap by 2 years
Bio: A friend to Lucia/Aqua and the others. he lives along with his mother.
Pokeform: http://fc03.deviantart.com/fs41/i/2009/ ... myfave.png
Last edited by Sasha on Thu May 14, 2009 8:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sasha
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Shadowmaster » Wed May 06, 2009 11:01 pm

Looks good to me, those characters are approved.
I am a ninja, zam.
Shadowmaster
Total Nutcase
Total Nutcase

Postby Hira Kanaki » Wed May 06, 2009 11:10 pm

Name: Andrew Roving, Anna Roving
Pokemon DNA they're infused with: Female Delcatty (Obviously ^^;)
Other changes caused by the DNA: AP by 2 years, TG
Bio: Grew up near the Aqua gang but doesn't know them personally, still lives on the Island.

(Now I have one ^^)
Last edited by Hira Kanaki on Fri May 08, 2009 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hira Kanaki
Total Nutcase
Total Nutcase

Postby Shadowmaster » Wed May 06, 2009 11:15 pm

No problem.
I am a ninja, zam.
Shadowmaster
Total Nutcase
Total Nutcase

Postby Tala » Wed May 06, 2009 11:48 pm

Name: Kai
Nickname: Pyro
Pokemon DNA they're infused with: Vulpix
Other changes caused by the DNA: AR by 10 years, TG
Bio: Kai is a fire type exclusive trainer. He is on a mission to catch one of every fire pokemon. His ultimate goal is to catch Moltres.
Last edited by Tala on Thu May 07, 2009 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'Adrift upon the sea of time, the lonely god wanders from shore to distant shore, upholding the laws of the stars above.' - written by Arya in Brisingr
http://pokefarm.org/_ext/user/Talarosesong
help my farm
Tala
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Gee-chan » Thu May 07, 2009 2:15 am

For now could I bagsie a place? I have a character idea but it needs some fleshing out first.
I'm looking at the world through a Jaffa-cake filling.....

Let the loli's hit the floor.....

Things to do before you die: Number 57: Lunge wildly at The Pope!
Gee-chan
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Evra » Thu May 07, 2009 4:05 am

ill try posting a character soon :S but ill have to think of one plus m trying to get a roleplay started
Evra
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Shadowmaster » Thu May 07, 2009 3:26 pm

Kai- Approved. Such a large AR is certainly interesting.

Gits and Evra- I look forward to you characters.
I am a ninja, zam.
Shadowmaster
Total Nutcase
Total Nutcase

Postby Marky » Thu May 07, 2009 4:22 pm

Hmm. You know, I may try something like this. However, I'm going to have to take some time thinking up my character and such. I truly don't even have a pokemon in mind at the moment, much less a character.
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Gee-chan » Thu May 07, 2009 5:22 pm

Ok, here is what I have for my character right now.

Name: Thomas Rhea
Pokemorph: Beautifly
Other change details: Physical age changes shall probably happen but I'll leave that covered for now, there is also the possibility of some size reduction (not to massive amounts, but enough to be rather noticeable), I have a little idea for a different sort of change due to a specific condition having a reaction with the change serum (think slow, really slow)
Bio: A daydreamer by nature, (name) would like to think himself cynical and pessimistic by nature, but despite this he has an optimistic and adventurous side which tends to come to surface. (name) does not have any pokemon, as his parents have forbidden it, however, there is a rumour going round that he has been seen lately with a Xatu.

So, yeah, there we are. There may be a friend of mine joining and possibly my brother. They have both shown some interest in the RP but I'm unsure as to whether they want to/feel confident to join.
I'm looking at the world through a Jaffa-cake filling.....

Let the loli's hit the floor.....

Things to do before you die: Number 57: Lunge wildly at The Pope!
Gee-chan
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Shadowmaster » Thu May 07, 2009 5:54 pm

Gits- Very interesting. Approved, of course. Just let me know when you finalise your other changes and such.

Mary- As with the others, take your time. There's no real limit, as people could be added at any time.
I am a ninja, zam.
Shadowmaster
Total Nutcase
Total Nutcase

Next

Return to Roleplaying