THUNDERDOME

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

THUNDERDOME

Postby muffinstud » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:02 pm

aka "The Face-Off"

In the middle of a nondescript city, on the corner of an equally nondescript street, lies a nondescript building. It used to be a small office park, but has since been bought out by one thriving business. There is ample parking in the rear, and despite being rather large for the kind of business it is, the building itself is no larger than a set of three or four townhouses. It reeks of normalcy in a normal world, yet the goings on inside clamor of strange deeds and even stranger stories.

This, my friends, is one of them.

"Sure-Fire Cupid" is the most successful business of it's kind in the area. Other dating services come and go, but Sure-Fire has remained solid and strong for almost 10 years now. Their secret is the guarantee. "Apply for the service, get a date the same day. It's the Sure-Fire way of finding that special someone." When the first started, people scoffed their claims, but when outside reviewers backed their claims of 100% success, business skyrocketed. The critics quieted, the majority of people soon looked at it as yet another marketing ploy. Surely, in this jaded day and age, finding love couldn't be as easy as filling out an application... Or could it?

The main entrance of Sure-Fire Cupid is large and comfy, with an array of couches and lounge chairs in the waiting area. A receptionist with horn-rimmed glasses and an overly large perm bides her time preparing applications, answering the phone and filing filled out forms. She speaks in a nasal Bronx accent that may sound fun at first. Trust me, after a week, you'll be running for the hills. But I digress. There, behind her oak desk and her protective sheet of safety glass, the receptionist waits. She waits for the poor, lonely people who come into this place. She knows they will come.

And she hates them. So very, very much.

[all right! post away, party peoples!]
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Re: THUNDERDOME

Postby Nosnits » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:10 pm

Robert parks in the rear parking lot. "This is the place..." He says to himself. "It doesn't look like much..." He walks through the the front doors, and sees the receptionest. He walks bup to the protective glass. "Um...excuse me....I'm here for the...uh...Sure fire Cupid thing.....Is this the right place...?" It can be plainly seen that he is nervous.
Hey, you! No...not you....You! Go ---> HERE <--- to red the drabbles of stuff I've written, or ---> HERE <--- to see both my doodles AND writing. Double dip right there.

Knit the scarf. Ride the ogre.
Nosnits
Spaminator
Spaminator

Postby Stray-chan » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:12 pm

Jake walks down the sidewalk toward the building, checking the address written on a slip of paper several times. He looks at the building. "This is it, I guess." He goes inside and sees Robert and the secretary, who he calls out to. "This is the Sure Fire Cupid building, right?"
Stray-chan and Lost Wanderer are different people now! Yay!
Catgirl-maid Lost
Stray-chan
Proponent of Disorder
Proponent of Disorder

Postby AshK » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:17 pm

*Jeffrey parks in the parking lot and enters the lobby right behind Robert and Jake.*

"Is this the right place?" He asks looking around.
AshK
Postimus Maximus
Postimus Maximus

Postby Queen Octavia » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:20 pm

Alexander swaggers into the queue, and laughs.

"Just so you know, I'm startin' the 24 hours for a date right now, and if this line doesn't move along I'll be taking my $100 and leaving, thank you very much."

He laughs abrasively, and leers at the secretary's chest from his position in line.
Queen Octavia
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Zoey » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:20 pm

Nova had gotten up early and prepared himself for the big day. He had heard that Sure-Fire Cupid managed to get their customers dates in the same day, so he was ready to meet his lady. He made his way to the building where there seemed to be already people waiting to be attended. Nova walks close to them and pokes a guy. "This place isn't closed right?"
"Let me confirm, your shelter shield is activated?"
"What are you planning?!"
"Your shelter is secure, is it?"
"Of course it is! Just see for yourself how powerless you are!"
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Mendi-chan » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:22 pm

James walked into the waiting area casually, hiding his inhibitions about using such a service to try and find a girlfriend. But his friends had made him promise he'd go through with it, and the reviews he had found about this Sure-Fire Cupid company were nothing but stellar so it seemed pretty likely that they could help him out. And based off the fact there were several others already waiting he apparently wasn't the only one who thought that. Hanging back, he waited for the secretary to finish with the others before approaching her desk.
Husband to Mid Boss
Mendi-chan
MSF's Little Sister
MSF's Little Sister

Postby Queen Octavia » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:23 pm

Alexander feels a finger poking him, and whirls around and glares at Nova, "You lookin' for a fight there, buddy?" he menaces.

"'Cuz I'd feel real bad beating on a half-wit like you... does this place look like it's closed, huh?"
Queen Octavia
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Zoey » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:25 pm

"Woah" replies Nova taking a few steps back. "Cool your horses cowboy, I was just asking. It seems alot of people have been waiting for a long time and they still haven't been attended. I was just curious to what was happenening... Geez"
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Marky » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:26 pm

Pulling up to the building in his beat-down car, J.D. sighs as he steps out of the vehicle. "Well, I guess this is the place. Gah, why'd I have to lose that freaking bet?" J.D. pauses, before reaching back into his car for a bottle, spitting into it. "Plus, this probably will definitely hurt my chances of them keeping their 100% satisfaction guarantee...although, the money may be worth it in the end." Putting the bottle back into the car, J.D. goes to step inside.

"Well, I guess this is the place for the Sure-Fire Cupid thing?" J.D. says, stepping through the doorway.
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Queen Octavia » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:29 pm

Alexander resists the urge to spit on Nova's shoes, and keeps things down at a nice friendly verbal-assault only level.

"Call me cowboy again and I'll kick your ass. You just mind your own business now, I don't want to hear the sound of your voice again."

(OOC: Sorry for being mean to you ^^)
Queen Octavia
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Zoey » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:35 pm

"Fine, fine!" replies Nova as he moves away from the guy. "Don't have a cow about it..." he says to himself.

(OOC: It's ok ^^ ))
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Queen Octavia » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:39 pm

Cringing at the fool's words, Alexander turns around and just ignores him. Stupid idiot couldn't follow a simple instruction. "Can't blame a stupid idiot for being a stupid idiot, though, people have to be themselves..." Alexander muses to himself.

He knew he should have had another beer before coming here, this was really pissing him off. What a waste of time. He should of thought of a better way to make $100, like playing poker or something. Yeah, that's what he'd do next time.
Queen Octavia
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Evra » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:50 pm

alex slowly walks into the building from outside rubbing his arm he looks around staying quiet and getting in line
Evra
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Mystic Mina » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:12 am

"Guess this is the place, eh?" Vincent murmurs to himself as he steps off his motorbike and stares up at seemingly normal office structure in front of him. "I was expecting something.... Grander.... Ah, damn it! I've got to stop talking to myself like this! People are going to think I'm crazy or something...."

He walks into the building and slides into the back of the large line that was forming in front of the reception desk. Man, this place must really be popular, huh?

"I hope this means I'm lucky.... DANG IT! Did it again!"
Mystic Mina
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Next

Return to Roleplaying