Fabled Lands ((Interest))

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

Fabled Lands ((Interest))

Postby Nosnits » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:28 pm

I've been on MSF now for over four months now, and I've come to realise something. I've done nothing proactive. There has been stuff I've wanted to do. A few captions I finished but never posted, a super-awsome story that I never wrote, and no artwhatsoever. In short, I've done nothing. Then why are you 'making' an rp Nosnits?.... Well, I really enjoy RPing. And I figured that if I at least make a token attempt at one, I'll feel better. So a few weeks ago, I sat down and thought about what to do, and I got nothing. But then it hit me, why make-up something when you can use a pre-existing base. And that is where I got my 'idea'.

It is called Fabled Lands, an old gamebook from the 90's. How can a gamebook work as an RP, well, this one can. One can go anywhere in a vast land, adventuring and the like. Just so you can get an idea of what places there are, I'll list a few.

Sokara: A war torn kingdom full of disorder of unlawfullness
Glonoir: A relitivly boring place, but is full of mystery.
The Violet Ocean (Has nothing to do with tomapples.): A treachorus sea full of pirates and treasure.
And so on...

Now, if this thing actually has any interest, then I'll put a better description of the twelve area's availible. And this is opened to anyone that might of read these books as well, because I'll be making new stuff up along the way. And I'll have to, because this series lacks one vitial thing. TG.

For the many that don't know or care, I've done a grand total of two transformations in my two months here. The reason why I've done so few is because A) I'm afraid I'll fail and B) Wii typing is painful. So, keeping that in mind, if this ever starts, there won't be that many transformations into anything at the begining. If I could compare this to an already running RP, it would be like Mists of Arlis, more action and fighting (So far) then actual tg.

So hopefully, you've read all of that. If you have any questions, or might possibly be interested and want to find out more, or just want to say I'm stupid, then post it..... now.
Hey, you! No...not you....You! Go ---> HERE <--- to red the drabbles of stuff I've written, or ---> HERE <--- to see both my doodles AND writing. Double dip right there.

Knit the scarf. Ride the ogre.
Nosnits
Spaminator
Spaminator

Re: Fabled Lands ((Interest))

Postby AshK » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:41 pm

It does sound interesting, but unfortunately, I haven't read any of those books, so this probably wouldn't be the best RP for me. If you are willing to accept me even though I haven't read any of those books, I am interested. I just need to think of a character. First I need a bit more explanation before I decide. That's not a problem is it Nos?
AshK
Postimus Maximus
Postimus Maximus

Postby Nosnits » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:46 pm

It's not a problem, I would prefer people who have never heard of it before. (More surprising that way). Just tell me what you'd like me to describe more in detail, and I'll do it.
Hey, you! No...not you....You! Go ---> HERE <--- to red the drabbles of stuff I've written, or ---> HERE <--- to see both my doodles AND writing. Double dip right there.

Nosnits
Spaminator
Spaminator

Postby AshK » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:55 pm

The specific areas and the plot. At least a rough idea, you don't have to type the whole thing.
AshK
Postimus Maximus
Postimus Maximus

Postby Nosnits » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:07 am

Okay.
The plains of Howling Darkness. It takes place on (Surprise) the plains to the north of Sokora and Glonoir. At the edge of these planes are a montin range, where it is said that past it the world ends.
Next is Uttaku: It's like a land of political intrige, ruled by the faceless king. The one man in every generation born without a face.
Akatsuria: Basicaly, imperial japan, complete with samuri.
I'll just list the others:
Feathered Lands
The desert of Ankon-konu
Sea of stilts
and a few others that I don't know about.

Part two:
There is no specific plot, it's FFRP after all. You can go anywhere anytime and there'll be something cool, or a rumor of something elsewhere.
However, there are a few big quests, like in Sokora. You could overthrow the new dictator in favor of the old King via assasination, or keep the the new dictator in power and purge the rebels. Anything else, or more Lana?

Nosnits
Spaminator
Spaminator

Postby Jacqueline » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:53 am

This sounds interesting. I like the idea of a more story-based RP. If you get this started, count me in.
Check out the test to find out who you are!
Jacqueline
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Falka The Bat » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:28 am

I'd be happy to join. What is there in the way of magic in this setting?
You remind me of the babe.....
Falka The Bat
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Marky » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:43 am

Great idea...man, I wish I could think up of something like this. :( ((Cause, well, I've done nothing proactive since I've been here, either...))

I'll be glad to join, though. Sounds very interesting to me...and the possibilities being nearly endless!
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby AshK » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:16 pm

Nosnits wrote:Okay.
The plains of Howling Darkness. It takes place on (Surprise) the plains to the north of Sokora and Glonoir. At the edge of these planes are a montin range, where it is said that past it the world ends.
Next is Uttaku: It's like a land of political intrige, ruled by the faceless king. The one man in every generation born without a face.
Akatsuria: Basicaly, imperial japan, complete with samuri.
I'll just list the others:
Feathered Lands
The desert of Ankon-konu
Sea of stilts
and a few others that I don't know about.

Part two:
There is no specific plot, it's FFRP after all. You can go anywhere anytime and there'll be something cool, or a rumor of something elsewhere.
However, there are a few big quests, like in Sokora. You could overthrow the new dictator in favor of the old King via assasination, or keep the the new dictator in power and purge the rebels. Anything else, or more Lana?

A bit more like if there will be any mental changes and whatnot. I like to have my characters' mind match the new body.
AshK
Postimus Maximus
Postimus Maximus

Postby Nosnits » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:51 pm

@Lana: There would be mental changes if you want any, if I can find a way to transform you in the first place

@Falka: Well, the extent of the magic is never fully explained in the book, but pretty much anything can happen if your character is good enough.

Nosnits
Spaminator
Spaminator

Postby AshK » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:18 pm

Nosnits wrote:@Lana: There would be mental changes if you want any, if I can find a way to transform you in the first place

The best way to find out a way to transform your players is to take a look at how other RP Gm's go about it. For example, TG/TF Virus IV and Fantasy Meets Reality. A type of Gas or a Virus of some sort that is in the water. Or like in Waghorts(Both year One and Year Two) any sort of magical occurence. So when will you post a sign up? I still need to think of a character though. Oh yeah thanks for the Info!
AshK
Postimus Maximus
Postimus Maximus

Postby Nosnits » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:51 pm

The problem is, the thing I’m basing this on doesn’t have any tg in it, but I can find a few spots to do in, you’ll have to be patient however. Since I got about four people that said they would be interested, I’ll post the sign-up sheet when I have time, either tonight or tomorrow night as I won’t be on this afternoon.

Nosnits
Spaminator
Spaminator

Postby AshK » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:13 pm

Nosnits wrote:The problem is, the thing I’m basing this on doesn’t have any tg in it, but I can find a few spots to do in, you’ll have to be patient however. Since I got about four people that said they would be interested, I’ll post the sign-up sheet when I have time, either tonight or tomorrow night as I won’t be on this afternoon.

Hey no problem. Just because what you are basing the RP On doesn't have any TG in it doesn't mean you can't add it. Take your time posting the sign up no hurry.
AshK
Postimus Maximus
Postimus Maximus

Postby Zoey » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:17 pm

Nosnits wrote:The problem is, the thing I’m basing this on doesn’t have any tg in it, but I can find a few spots to do in, you’ll have to be patient however. Since I got about four people that said they would be interested, I’ll post the sign-up sheet when I have time, either tonight or tomorrow night as I won’t be on this afternoon.

I'm not that good on transformations, but If you want I could help you out on that.
"Let me confirm, your shelter shield is activated?"
"What are you planning?!"
"Your shelter is secure, is it?"
"Of course it is! Just see for yourself how powerless you are!"
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Nosnits » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:45 pm

Thanks for your offer Kaiser, I might hold you to it.

Now for any of you that are still interested and is thinking up a character now, there is something for you to keep in mind. There are six classesfor which your people may be. So if you are thinking up bio's and such, you might want to keep these in mind. ((Bio's are optional btw))
Warrior
Mage
Priest
Troubadour (Bard)
Rogue
Wayfarer (Scout)

The sign-up sheet will appear sometime tomorrow when I have access to a computer, not my current apperatus.

Nosnits
Spaminator
Spaminator

Return to Roleplaying