Fantasy meets Reality (signup)

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

Fantasy meets Reality (signup)

Postby Florina » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:21 pm

The real world can be a complicated, depressing place... Kouji Takashira had been a bit more than your average college student, a japanese prodigy who graduated first-in-class at MIT Technology school - where he was known as the resident Otaku, his obsession with everything anime and manga legendary on the campus (where, to be fair, there was a fair share of strange, culture-shocked individuals anyways). He was also known by a different title: The Dictator. This was for two reasons, one far more frivolous than the other: The first being that he regularly dominated everyone and anyone on campus who was foolish enough to challenge him on the MIT Street Fighter IV cabinet (his favored fighter was M. Bison, often called Dictator to prevent language-based confusion), and the second being his tendency to command and control any who worked with him...

This nickname would stay with Kouji long after he received his doctorate; indeed, he remembered it even two years ago, as he sat at the head of his technology company Evolutech Entertainment. "'Evolving the entertainment industry'..." He spat as he recited his company's cheesy, run-of-the-mill marketing slogan, glaring at the commissioned painting of Vega (M. Bison to the American crowd) that hung directly opposite his desk. "This world is foolish... Not nearly as interesting as all the anime that people have created..." It was then that he came up with the idea: What if the world were like those anime?

Two years later, and the CEO was staring at his greatest creation: The RAM_JAP (Or Reality-altering Mechanism - Japanese Issue). This machine was able to create fiction from reality, to blur the lines between the real and the ridiculous... at a cost. The machine required human stock to function - and while he knew several thousands of Japanese girls would love to star in their own Shoujo, he knew that they would not do. This is why he decided to present the project at locations across the world, where everyone would be effected...

In a nameless suburb of the Big Apple that was New York City, teens and young adults lounged at their favorite arcade/comic book store, discussing the day's events and eyeing that bizarre new cabinet that had been installed... It was a monotone grey, had one button, and was simply labeled "RAMJAP". It also didn't seem to have any power... How peculiar.

Alright, folks, this is your standard real-life-guy-to-anime/manga/videogame-girl RP with a twist: You've got an evil dictator to contend with this time, and he is 100% crazy. Now, once you're all subjected to his experiments, what you do will be up to you; join him and explore the world, or seek your old forms - and revenge? The choice, as cheesy and overused as this line is, is yours.

Character Template: Please follow this to the letter, and be somewhat specific. It helps me a ton when I'm figuring out what to do with you people.

Name: If you can't figure this one out, then I"m afraid this isn't the RP for you.
Age: This one isn't exactly rocket science either, folks.
Physical Description: A picture is worth a thousand words... But add them both and you get 2,000 and a huggle from me.

Personality: Again, be specific. I don't need every excruciating detail, but please no one-liners.

History: You're probably an average kid/teen/young adult/etc, so this won't be that major. A paragraph should do.

TF/TG prefs: Kay, you're getting TGed in this RP, so hope you're okay with that. As for specifics (preferred character, specific anime, general TF preferences, etc), they go here as well.
Florina
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Re: Fantasy meets Reality (signup)

Postby AshK » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:28 pm

I am planning to join this but it will take a bit for me to think up a character. That's not a problem is it?

Name: Ashton Alexander Schatsiek

Physical Description: Image

Hair Color: Brown

Eye Color Brown

Height: 6'2"

Weight: 215 lbs

Personality: Very reliable and friendly. Is hard to get angry. When he is angry it's hard to stop him from being angry. He makes friends easy and is a Martial Artist as well.

History: Currently pursuing his Web Design Certificate at the local community college. His parents are on several business trips so he has to take care of the house himself until his parents get back. Would really like to get a job designing Websites.

TF/TG Prefs: I don't have a specific picture preference. I like slow or fast complete mental rewrites. The reason being is because I like my characters mind to match my characters body while still keeping his personality mostly intact. So you choose the pics Florina.

Last edited by AshK on Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AshK
Postimus Maximus
Postimus Maximus

Postby Florina » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:29 pm

Not in the slightest. ^_^
Florina
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby AshK » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:34 pm

Thanks. Now to get to thinking.
AshK
Postimus Maximus
Postimus Maximus

Postby Marky » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:35 pm

Name: Mark Carrington ((Heh, why not use my real self again? :P Only the second time in the rp section! XD))
Physical Description: here I'm a bit too lazy to really get descriptive, but, for what isn't seen in the pic, he's somewhat muscular, with a slightly above-average height.

Personality: Generally friendly, unless you anger him. If you do so, sometimes he can hold a grudge for a long period of time, or forgive and forget. Depends, really. Not really all that talkative, and usually has to be coaxed into a conversation with a large group of people, but, once he gets going, he continues until he runs out of something to talk about. Dislikes being around large groups of people, and will usually find a place where there aren't many people around.

History: College student going for a bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, although is starting to doubt whether or not he chose the right major, as some of the upper-level Math is starting to really get to him. From a small town, he chose to go to the University of Tennessee after not being able to go for his major at the college close to his home.

TF/TG prefs: I would say DBZ, but I didn't really like all that many of the female characters in the series, so, I'm gonna say someone from Bleach.
Last edited by Marky on Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:56 am, edited 6 times in total.
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Zoey » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:37 pm

Save me a spot, my brain is too lazy right now xD
"Let me confirm, your shelter shield is activated?"
"What are you planning?!"
"Your shelter is secure, is it?"
"Of course it is! Just see for yourself how powerless you are!"
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Florina » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:37 pm

Take your time, both of you. I'm thinking about eight people will be plenty, so consider your spots reserved.
Florina
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Rena » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:39 pm

I R AUTORESERVED.

At least I better be, this is both of our project in the end. XD
process | deviantart
Looking to participate in a more mature / sexually explicit RP? PM me!
Rena
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Florina » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:41 pm

Oooh, too bad. Your spot just got sold on ebay...

>.>

<.<

Yeah, you're reserved. XD
Florina
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Queen Octavia » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:45 pm

May I reserve a spot as well?

Since this starts based in real life, I figured I'd just play meself. Not exactly RPin', I knowz =p. I'll edit this and post a proper profile tomorrow if I can get in.

Edit: Okies, here we go then.

Name: Tony Power
Physical Description: linky
A little bit over six feet tall, and around 172 pounds. Comedically clumsy, and unrepentantly scruffy. Eyes are very brown - not hazel or any such nonsense - brown! Not at all athletic, would probably lose to your kid sister in a fight. Nose is a bit askance - looks like it's been broken a few too many times (Even though it has never been broken at all). Has been given compliments from women on his eyelashes and butt... not exactly the sort of things a man likes to hear. Will consider shaving in the event of the apocalypse.

Personality: A real nutjob. Usually gives the first impression of being an arrogant jerk, makes friends slowly if at all. Loves to make people laugh, and seems very easy-going. Beyond the surface frivolities, however, lies a very stressed, depressed and undeniably emo person. Demands far too much of himself, and can never meet his own personal expectations. Doomed to always be a failure in his own eyes. Unflinching in his beliefs, even though he has no idea what they are. All that, and so much more: In short, a real nutjob.

History: Sailed through school up to his undergraduate degree without lifting a finger thanks to his intelligence, but is now struggling to finish the degree because he totally lacks direction. Is basically adrift now, searching for meaning in life while convinced that there is none. His past experiences with love forever changed him for the worse, taking away his constant contented smile and replacing it with a smug jaded grin.

TF/TG prefs: Strongly dislike mental changes. Other than that... surprise me!

PS: And there's me, in like 200 words or less x_x
Last edited by Queen Octavia on Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Queen Octavia
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Florina » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:46 pm

Consider it reserved. ^_^

And that's an interesting concept... I might try that sometime with these RL-to-fantasy RPs.

Also, just thought I'd throw this out there... I play a mean Akuma.
Florina
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Nosnits » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:47 pm

Wow, I'm going to snap from over extension soon. That aside I'll reserve a spot.

And now, for your reading pleasure, my charactar bio. Drumroll please.
Name: Jeff Macdonald

Physical Description: Jeff has short black hair, brown eyes, and doesn't wear clothes people would normaly associate with the words 'cool', unless you where really into video games. (Which then means your opinion doesn't matter). He's also tall and lanky.

Personality: He is if nothing but determind. When he sets his mind to it, then by golly he's going to do it or die trying. His overall seriousness means he doesn't smile much, unless he is with his friends.

Brief History: Ross was born and raised in Canada before moving to the Big Apple two years ago. He's not your typical nerd however. Sure, he can beat the **** out of you in video games, but he also plays soccer in the weekends. Strangley enough, even though he's a nerd, he's not that into anime. Sure, he'll watch it every once in a while, but he wont devote all his time and energy into watching it.

TF likes and dislikes: Like Jeff, I don't watch that much anime, so I wouldn't be able to pick out an appropiat charactar. Just no complete mental rewrites. Please and thank you.
Last edited by Nosnits on Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hey, you! No...not you....You! Go ---> HERE <--- to red the drabbles of stuff I've written, or ---> HERE <--- to see both my doodles AND writing. Double dip right there.

Knit the scarf. Ride the ogre.
Nosnits
Spaminator
Spaminator

Postby Florina » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:48 pm

Alrighty! That's, uhh, 6/8, if I'm good at that whole math concept.
Florina
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby AshK » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:50 pm

Yep that's 6 of 8.
AshK
Postimus Maximus
Postimus Maximus

Postby Queen Octavia » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:15 pm

Cmon, add a spot so the next person gets to be 7 of 9 =p