They Don't Pay Enough

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

They Don't Pay Enough

Postby Bladeron » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:21 am

Bladeron OOC wrote:The OOC Agreement
1. I will follow the Forum Rules to the best of my abilities.
2. I hereby recognize Bladeron as Game Master (GM), Big Cheece (BC), and Ultimate Overlord (UO) of this RP, and that his word on any matter within the Roleplay is final.
3. I will address any OOC questions and comments in quote format.
4. In combat situations, all of my actions are attempts whose success will be determined by the GM, BC, and UO of this Roleplay.
5. Out of combat situations, any physical actions being taken on another may require that player's consent, or the consent of the GM, BC, and UO.
6. If there is a forseeable conflict in my schedule that will require me to be absent from the Roleplay I will inform the GM, BC, and UO with as much notice as possible, and that in my absence he will have reign over my character.
7. If I must leave the Roleplay altogether I will inform the GM, BC, and UO with as much notice as possible and do my best to work my way out of the story, with assistance as necessary.
8. Should any disputes arise I will carry them out in PM format between myself and the party or parties involved, as to not detract from the Roleplay.
9. I hereby recognize that the GM, BC, and UO of this Roleplay has the right to alter, affect, and interact with my character in any fashion he sees fit, barring those things I have explicitly asked to not have happen.
10. I declare that Xia is great and deserving of our love, gratitude, and possibly a milkshake.

Your Portion
I, <your name here>, have read and agree to the OOC Agreement and hereby submit myself to them. Should I violate any rule I may be dismissed from this Roleplay.

The E.S.S. Cavalier sailed gently along the sea of space, utterly ignoring the miasma of the nebula cloud around it. The cloud was awash with varieties of blue and white, all of it visible from any viewport on board the ship. Had this nebula not been in the way of the ship's destination the Tachyon drive would have finished its journey around this time. However, the ship was not in favor of that now, simply relying on its sublight engines to get it through the beautiful distraction.

Fortunately this afforded some of the crew members the opportunity to take a break from their normal duties, most of which were completed prior to this moment. Included among the crew members were several security personnel, a few engineers, half the medical crew, and even a pair of attractive bridge bunnies, one a blonde and the other a brunette. The gender ratio overall was roughly seventy-thirty in terms of men-to-women, but it seemed to work out altogether. The crew members tended, in large part, to congregate to the ship's galley and bar to take a load off and socialize.

For better or worse, this included the Marine detachment.
Bladeron
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Re: They Don't Pay Enough

Postby Rodney » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:01 pm

(( OOC : I, Rodney, have read and agree to the OOC Agreement and hereby submit myself to them. Should I violate any rule I may be dismissed from this Roleplay.
My contribution to the RP will follow shortly ))
Rodney
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Just some lady » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:20 pm

((I, Caprice, have read and agree to the OOC Agreement and hereby submit myself to them. Should I violate any rule I may be dismissed from this Roleplay.))
Just some lady
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Shadell » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:20 pm

((I, Shadell, have read and agree to the OOC Agreement and hereby submit myself to them. Should I violate any rule I may be dismissed from this Roleplay.))
Hmm.... Does anyone actually read these anyway?
Appointed Spammaster Rank 3 by Caprice on Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:25 pm
Shadell
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Mystic Mina » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:52 pm

((I, Nephilim, have read and agree to the OOC Agreement and hereby submit myself to them. Should I violate any rule I may be dismissed from this Roleplay.

NOT! Muwhahahahahah! What'cha going' to do now, punk? What'cha doin' to do NOW!? @_@))
Mystic Mina
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Bladeron » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:02 pm

Bladeron OOC wrote:*punts Nephilim!* :D

Just really quick, silliness aside, does anybody here have the skill, or know somebody who has the skill, to draw power armor?
Bladeron
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Postby Mystic Mina » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:06 pm

Bladeron wrote:
Bladeron OOC wrote:*punts Nephilim!* :D

Just really quick, silliness aside, does anybody here have the skill, or know somebody who has the skill, to draw power armor?

((That depends. Are we talking about really fancy, super sleek power armor or war-torn, down to earth power armor like, say, Fallout?))
Mystic Mina
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Bladeron » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:11 pm

Bladeron OOC wrote:More realistic armor, although not as war-torn and certainly not as retro as Fallout.

EDIT: Until a better example can be secured, we'll just use imagination for this armor. :D
Bladeron
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Postby muffinstud » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:14 pm

I, Muffinstud, hereby sign 2 of my extra lives away and have read and agree to the OOC Agreement and hereby submit myself to them. Should I violate any rule I may be dismissed from this Roleplay.
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Bladeron » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:25 pm

Bladeron OOC wrote:That's everybody. Take it away, boys! :)
Bladeron
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Postby muffinstud » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:20 pm

Sal nods satisfactorily to himself and gets up from his bunk. 30 flawless repetitions of disassembling and reassembling his assault rifle. He deserved a break before hitting up the same drill on his sidearm. But for now, he needed a drink and a pretty pair of eyes to talk to while he downed it. He sighs to himself. If this frontier stayed as boring as it has so far, he just might have an "accident" while cleaning his guns. Just to relieve the tension. Yes, it would have to be the gun. So much easier to explain than a similar accident with a knife. Even if it is funner.

Sal grins to himself as he contemplates just what he could do with his boot knife as he enters the doorway to the galley. He's wearing a grey tank top and grey mottled BDU pants with his combat boots. He turns his grin into a less conspicuous smile and looks over the place to see just who he could cozy up with.
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Mystic Mina » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:01 pm

Amazing. Incredible. Spectacular. Marvelous.

Thousands of words raced through Endo's mind as he gazed upon the beautiful clouds of stardust through a tiny porthole on the side of the ship. THIS was what he dreamed of as a kid: Traveling through the vast ocean of unknown stars, bearing witness to the many wonders that occur within the deep, dark depths. How the rest of the crew on the ship could regard the wondrous phenomenon outside as a mere "distraction" is.... Well, baffling! Sure, the majority of them have probably been out in space for much longer than he has, but still!

"Oh, hey! You.... You.... Uh, sorry, what's your name again?" Endo says to Sal as he manages to pry his eyes away from the porthole to speak to the fellow marine. Being the starry-eyed individual he is, the man tends to forget some of the things that are more pressing in life.
Mystic Mina
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby muffinstud » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:13 pm

"Sal." He gives Endo an appraising look. "You a leatherneck too? What's your name?"
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Mystic Mina » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:22 pm

".... Oh, what? Sorry, I kinda spaced out for a sec." Endo rubs the back of his head, a sheepish look on his face. "I'm Endo. Endo O'Donnell. Did you take a look outside? It's beautiful! I can't believe there's no one else watching it!"

The man returns to looking at the nebula through his tiny window. Every once in a while, he let's out a little "Ooooh!" or "Whoa!" whenever he sees something particularly interesting floating around in the cosmic dust.
Mystic Mina
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby muffinstud » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:39 pm

The appraising look turns to one of incredulity. Sal looks from Endo to the porthole and back. "Endo, huh? Well, I hope you don't get this distracted when we're out on duty. I don't want to carry you back in a bag."
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Next

Return to Roleplaying