[FFRP] The Black City...

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

[FFRP] The Black City...

Postby Brnin8r » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:09 pm

...A sign reads. A dreadful place which no man has returned from. We offer compensation to those who are willing to risk their safety to enter this town and bring back any relevant information they can about the place. No satellite images or radar sweeps reveal anything so any maps, samples, or eyewitness stories you have will be duly rewarded.

The small city of Addenvale was a prosperous one, little problems with crime or unemployment. Most people had what they needed and didn't ask for anything more. The mayor was just and the court systems were accurate. Only one jail was ever needed. It seemed as if nothing but good times resided in this city, until one day it blinked off the map. A large storm system hovered above the content city, plunging it into darkness. For six months now, the stormcloud hasn't left. The lightning constantly strikes the top of the buildings causing smoke to rise from the city making it seem as if on fire. No communications have been recieved or sent into the city since the storm cloud and any units of force; police, fire department, the army have been met with disaster as the unit soon loses contact and is never heard from again. Now it is up to brave individuals to take up this task in hopes of fame and riches.

All right! A new sort of RP that will go as fast as I and Muffinstud (my *ahem* minion) can go. This is a pretty straightforward RP, get in, get the goods, get out.

Problem is...if you're not REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY careful. You WILL be dead, dismembered, destroyed, disembowled, and/or more dead. Forum rules of course implies it won't be REALLY gorey but this is also a RP that requires violence. You're allowed to keep trying as much as possible to get down to what's really going on in the Black City.

SO!! Standard procedure, Name, phone number, PIN, Credit card numbers, the whole shebang give them to me and you'll see your accounts dwindle and mine RISE above that of a normal person.

Or just put your name, gender, and personality traits and I suppose I'll have to be happy with that.

Rules also are real life rules. Not many people can shoot lasers out of their eyes...so you can't either. Pretend you're a normal, happy person with a penchant for taking large risks for phenomenal gain. Any equipment you deem necessary is fine unless you bring a "I WIN THE GAME" gun, then you might just have to be sent straight to the more dead option.
It's not about how much dough you make -- it's about how delicious a pizza you eat at the end.

http://swalrus.deviantart.com/ An ancient dA page that is thinking about standing up again someday.
Brnin8r
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Location: In a quiet home reading quiet books about loud worlds.

Re: The Black City...

Postby Zoey » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:53 pm

Woot! Sign me in!

Name: Allister Caine
Weight: 178 lbs
Height: 5'11

Background: Caine is the best the black market has to offer in sell swords. For a good amount of coin, he kill or get you the thing you requested. Caine is hard to find since he's always on the move, but is almost always in the slum of cities and where job opportunities are abound. He's a marksman and his guns are his buisness tool. Carrying only 2 pistols, Caine does his job.

Reason for going into the city: A wealthy company by the name of Lazereno, tracked down Caine to give him an easy enough job. In Addenvale they had a building of theirs which still contains very important company documents. His job is to retrive them. So with some money and alot of beer, Caine (unvoluntarly) signed and has a new task on his shoulders.

Personality traits: Caine loves the easy life, gambling, beer, boobs and pretty much anything cliche mercenaries love. Poeple call him brave, he just considers himself dumb. His lazy and uncaring outside clouds, Caine's almost super human skills with the gun and his awareness that make him very known through out the streets.

I hope this is ok with you guys ^^"
"Let me confirm, your shelter shield is activated?"
"What are you planning?!"
"Your shelter is secure, is it?"
"Of course it is! Just see for yourself how powerless you are!"
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Knight Errant » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:44 pm

Can I say no to this?

Name: 'Vulcan' Jack.
Build: Heavy, but it is all muscle.
Features: He has a very close buzzcut of blond hair, and mismatched eyes. But in this case his one eye is cybernetic targeting system and his other is emerald green.
Equipment: A M61 Vulcan... and lots of ammo.

Background: Jack was... complicated, yet simple. What he liked most of all was to fill things full of so many holes they fell apart. So logically he joined the army to fulfill this wish. Things were good in the times of conflict... but recently with things calming down he had begun to get more and more restless. The military knew it was a disaster waiting to happen... and discharged him.

Reason for visiting: Three months after his discharge... he was unofficially contacted by the military and asked to go it. Naturally he asked them to stick it where the sun didnt shine... but the promise of life's payment along with his old modified Vulcan was enough to change his mind.

And yes, I know... even a 'light' M61 Vulcan weighs 200 pounds. But I... must have shiney big gun... biiiig gun...
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby muffinstud » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:24 pm

(does a Monty Burns impression)

Excellent...But there must be more...
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Brnin8r » Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:31 am

Ah yes...the culling of Addenvale shall soon commence...but whether or not it's successful is to be seen.

Perhaps one more person...you're not necessarily going to start as a noble party of heroes dashing to save the world...you guys might meet up later in the city (if you're extremely lucky to get that far).
It's not about how much dough you make -- it's about how delicious a pizza you eat at the end.

http://swalrus.deviantart.com/ An ancient dA page that is thinking about standing up again someday.
Brnin8r
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Zoey » Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:33 am

Dang guys, you make it sound like your expecting us to die =.=""
Have faith in our skills : P
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Brnin8r » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:03 am

Right, since none else dare brave Addenvale, I suppose it's only fair to let those ready to try their hand at the devil's city.

So! Stand yourselves on the edge of that which cannot be seen. (post where your guys are at)

Brnin8r
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Zoey » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:32 am

Caine smuggles himself into the city by a small boat through it's docks. (Asuming th city has a Dock)
He jumps out of the boat into a old plan bridge. "So good, so far..." he says to himself as he loads his guns.
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Knight Errant » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:25 am

Meh, they are all just wussies. XD

Jack drives up to the city in his armored Humvee. He wasnt for subtle... and a nice big car could do wonders. Especially if you had to escape.
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Brnin8r » Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:42 pm

Caine would find nothing but drifting chains and howling wind along the docks. The creaking boards under his feet did little to lower the spooky vibe of the place as he jumped from the boat onto the unholy ground. There were several boats tied up along the dock but more still were the boats that were just before the dock which were half to almost completely submerged into the pitch colored water.

Jack's scene would be little different if not a little louder with the hum of the engine that was carting him around. A narrow alley road goes straight to the city to his left while a road next to it, wider, leads to the same area on his right.

Brnin8r
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Zoey » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:08 pm

Caine sighed as he walked along the docks. This definately would be a pain in the ass job. The whole place resembled a scene cut out from Resident Evil than real life. He looked around for anything that could serve as a guide: sign posts, maps, anything.
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Brnin8r » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:29 pm

Caine would only find Addenvale Docks, a sign that simply ushered people in from the whole city into this region. The boats; all of which seem to be in good if a little unused shape and the buildings: a tavern, a fishing shop, a surf shop, and a few souvenir shops stand out along the coastal constructions.

Brnin8r
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Zoey » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:45 pm

Caine decides to check the Tavern. This job might take longer than expected and he would need a few supplies. He kicks open the door and enters guns ready.
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Knight Errant » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:37 pm

Jack takes the larger road... figuring more room to maneuver would be a good thing if he happened upon anything.
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Brnin8r » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:59 am

The tavern is empty of people. The bar is wiped clean and it seems as if the place is brand new if it weren't for the layer of dust on everything. The liquor on the wall is still there and a door that goes into the back rooms is to the left of the bar.

Jack would drive down the street until he came to what looked like an abandoned police barricade. Construction blocks, cop cars, and S.W.A.T shields on the ground is the sort of scene. Whatever happened here seemed to leave the scenery relatively intact.

Brnin8r
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Next

Return to Roleplaying