[FFRP] The RP Nexus

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

[FFRP] The RP Nexus

Postby muffinstud » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:46 am

This is definitely something just for fun, and definitely free-form. I'm just doing this because I feel I have characters I got cheated out of exploring properly. I figure others might feel the same about some of theirs as well.

The Nexus is the place that characters from dead RP's go. Just because a universe has stopped doesn't mean a heart has. In this strange place, any character from anywhere can live on, as long as they have nowhere else to go. It's like the Island of Misfit Toys, only less toys and more tg.

The Nexus is composed of a series of compounds, bordered to the south by Crystal Beach, the west by Snowtop Mountain, the North by Mystery Woods and the East by Rocky Point. A list of the locations so far can be found below, along with a spiffy MSPaint map. As is custom, North = up.

1: Nexus plaza
2: Residential areas (the little dark circle near the lake is the girls' house)
3: Ladies' Apartments
4: Men's Apartments
5: Nexus Academy (K-12)
6: Nexus University (Technical courses-PhD)
7: The Mall
8: Entrance and exit to the Beach Tunnel, allowing people to bypass the Mall going to the beach
9: Police Station/Prison entrance
10: Night Club
11: Carnival/Amusement Park
12: Day Spa
13: Ski Lodge/Lifts
14: Port
15: Greenhouses
The white squiggly lines are major pathways/roads. Walking along these lines will have more passersby than other routes.

If you have a suggestion for another location, suggest it, and I just might add it!

Also, most locations have job openings. If your character is looking for something to do, why not apply for a job? Take a class? Ask another character on a date?

As for NPC's, I WILL NOT be controlling them, at least not all the time. YOU, THE PLAYER have the power over the NPC's here. The only rule is you can't have NPC's do things to other players without their consent. So you see someone is headed to the beach? Become an overbearing lifeguard and keep them from swimming, or be the kid building a sand castle and create something together.

Lastly, new characters are allowed. So if you don't want to bring back any of your characters, make a new one. Just keep in mind that if you do, they WILL be transformed. In fact, the first person to post and claim your tf will do it. You supply a picture or let them decide for you.

If you are unhappy with your form, simply take your character to Nexus Plaza and announce OOC that you want a change, and you're fair game all over again. This rule applies to all characters, old and new.
Last edited by muffinstud on Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Re: The RP Nexus

Postby muffinstud » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:48 am

Naru Narusegawa walks up to Nexus Plaza, complete with yellow turtleneck and red skirt, her guitar on her back. "Where is this place?"
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby AshK » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:58 am

(Oh great. I have a lot of thinking to do I only remember a few of my older characters I may join this one. I have a lot of thinking to do though.)
AshK
Postimus Maximus
Postimus Maximus

Postby Zoey » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:28 pm

Zack Strangeways arrives at Nexus Plaza and see's a girl from a distance. The 23 year old male, who sported a worn out business suit aproched the female. "Hey you! You know what this place is?"
"Let me confirm, your shelter shield is activated?"
"What are you planning?!"
"Your shelter is secure, is it?"
"Of course it is! Just see for yourself how powerless you are!"
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Ookalf » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:47 pm

(Are there any kind of rules for creating new characters for this?)
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby muffinstud » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:23 pm

(no rules for new characters, since there are such a variety of places for old characters to come from. But remember, you will be transformed.)

Naru turns to Zack. She shrugs her shoulders. "I have no idea. I just got here myself. Who exactly are you, anyways?" She eyes him kind of defensively.
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Zoey » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:37 pm

Zack smiles as he rubs his chin "The name is Zack, Zack Strangeways. I was once considered one of the most influential men in the world, unfortunately I was outcased because of my incredible abilities. Maybe you have heard of me?". Obviously anyone with half a brain could plainly see he was lieing his butt off, tring to impress the girl.

((Gonna ask this now, since it's probably gonna be asked anyways. What about the old characters, will they also be transformed? ))
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby muffinstud » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:53 pm

(only if you take your character to Nexus Plaza and express a desire for them to be changed. OOC, or in character)

Naru shakes her head. "Nope. Never heard of you. I'm Naru Narusegawa, but to you, I'm simply not interested." She smiles.
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Zoey » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:00 pm

Zack does the whole coffing with his hand over his mouth routine. "Well... Nice to meet you, Naru. What brings you to these parts?"
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Ookalf » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:14 pm

*A man with shortish, black hair and wearing a Japanese style robe enters the Plaza. Attatched to his belt is a sheathed sword.* Hmmm... How did I get here?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby muffinstud » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:43 pm

Naru looks around. "I don't know. One minute I was helping my sick sister get better, the next I'm here. I guess I blacked out or something, but then how did I get here? We weren't...kidnapped, were we?" Naru shivers against the thought. She leans to take a look at the newcomer. "So, you too? Welcome to the party."
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Ookalf » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:47 pm

*The man gives Naru and Zack a short bow.* Greetings. Could either of you tell me where we are?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Zoey » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:54 pm

Zack gives a kick salute to the newcomer. "That's what we're trying to find out. Little miss negativity says here we were kidnapped. I however am too smart to fall for such nonsense. It's clear that im having a bad dream and as soon as I wake up i'll be in my room like everyday. I mean, come on! We're the only people in this huge plaza in the middle of a city and a Samurai just appeared out of nowhere. It makes complete sense." said Zack as he nodded.
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby muffinstud » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:57 pm

Naru shrugs. "Some kind of town square? We're both a little confused here." Behind Naru, evidently a direction she hasn't looked yet, is an obelisk. It sits dead center of the square, and the base of it has the words "Nexus Plaza" written on it.

Naru shakes her head. "I know I'm not dreaming. I just woke up, quite refreshed in fact." She feels her hair. "Or maybe I am. I don't remember doing my hair."
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Ookalf » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:57 pm

So that is a no.
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Next

Return to Roleplaying