[FFRP] Kidaroc Myths: A Fighting Chance

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

[FFRP] Kidaroc Myths: A Fighting Chance

Postby Brnin8r » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:09 am

Right!! As per my return from the land of the living, I've come back with an eager desire to perhaps display my literature skill and storytelling pinache. I was told last time I was pretty good at what I did, and so I'm here to do it again with a story similar...but a year in the future.

First!! Rules for entry:
1) You must be ready to have fun...that's a good rule.
2) You need to submit your character in such a form that will help me know who your character is.
EXAMPLE:
Name:
Height:
Eye color:
Hair color:

Background: (now this is important. There's not many options for rank-wise background since most of the units are pretty basic, but a background of how you were separated from your parents, your hopes and fears, and something telling me about your personality. Be creative with it, I won't bite hard if it clashes with a detail of mine. Don't worry.)

And a brief description of what your character first does in this world.

3) Make a male character

4) THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE! You NEED to be descriptive and you need to play fair. Adding minute details to the scene is all right, but when you outright oppose what's really going on, I'm going to get annoyed. Also...I would really appreciate your posts to be a little longer than usual. If it's a situation that is logical enough that I can understand why it's short, I'll be fine with it...but please...PLEASE...don't commit a paragraph like this....

"Like why do I feel the urge to head to the East? If this is Europe, which I think it is, I need to head toward Asia. Yep that is like where I need to go. Why do I feel the urge to drift each. I still want to pledge my like Loyalty to the Girls Army though. Those Boys are so totally stupid. I so can't believe that one time I was a boy. Was I? No I so couldn't have been. Then again maybe I was at one time, was I. Now I am so totally even more confused. Oh well I guess I better head East. What for I don't know, maybe it's an answer to something." Priscilla said as she started to head East. She still couldn't figure out why she had the urge to go East." (sorry Priscilla, it's a great example of terrible writing)

If you are THIS repetitive, so help me, I will reach through my ethernet cord and punch you.

Anyway...now that those rules are there, FANTASTIC. I'd like you all to have fun though, make original characters that would add flair to this dismal war.

Speaking of which...

A war has been raging for the past two years. In a fluke of fate, all parents and children under the age of 12 disappeared for no reason...rumors said it was an experiment, but no one has been sent to investigate. The girls seemed to drop from society and over night had formed an army bent on, not conquest, but conversion. Girls organized into regiments with a freak biochemical weapon that removed the Y chromosome and subtly cracked the psyche to transform any male into a willing female of the Girl's army. One year ago, a crackdown unit of phenomenal skill was sent to discover the secrets of this weapon and attempt to overthrow the girls' goals of an all-girl 'utopia'...a series of unfortunate events that no one seems able to speak of (top secret) caused this unit to fall from the records. Rumors of their bravery course through your unit and fill the Boys army with a hope for resistance and possibly victory. With the war on a seemingly downhill slope to female dominance, you find yourself a conscript to the defense of the boys of the world.

You awake from your bunk as a flash of sparks rain down from your ceiling. The whole building seems to shake with the barrage of artillery fire. Outside your room you hear loud yells of orders and the constant footfalls of running boys trying to defend their meager fortification.
It's not about how much dough you make -- it's about how delicious a pizza you eat at the end.

http://swalrus.deviantart.com/ An ancient dA page that is thinking about standing up again someday.
Brnin8r
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Location: In a quiet home reading quiet books about loud worlds.

Re: Kidaroc Myths: A Fighting Chance

Postby Knight Errant » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:21 am

((Ahh well... lets get to it!))

Name: Julian Blake
Height: 5,6
Eye color: green.
Hair color: blue. ((because I likeh like dat! :p))

Background: Julian simply woke up one morning... and his parents were gone. Luckily he was a survivor by nature, and quickly oriented himself as much as he could in the rapidly changing world. He joined the army because... it seemed like the best idea at the time.

His specialty is sniping, but he does what is required of him.

He awakes to the flurry of activity and jumps out of bed, getting ready as fast as he can for whatever is in store today...
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Brnin8r » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:34 am

((All right, quick something here. Due to my neverending schedule, I'll only be able to be on here short bursts in a day. So this isn't one of your fast paced RPs...also, when I'm on, I'm going to reply to what's there...if you haven't said anything between the times it takes me to check back, you've basically "delayed your turn" for you D&D fans out there. So...on with Julian's story, everyone else is welcome to join)

Julian wakes up to a riot outside his door. His standard armor lays on the wall, his pistol and rifle hang just above his gear. A small box sits next to his gear as well. This box contains two syringes that will neutralize a trace amount of the girl's poionous weaponry (meant to be used immediately after struck). Without a word a boy, age 19, opens Julian's door, "Quick, get your gear, we'll need you up in the nest." And as quick as he was in, he leaves.
It's not about how much dough you make -- it's about how delicious a pizza you eat at the end.

http://swalrus.deviantart.com/ An ancient dA page that is thinking about standing up again someday.
Brnin8r
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Shadowmaster » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:37 am

Name: Ken Madden
Height: 5' 8"
Eye color: Blue
Hair color: Brown

Background: Ken had been returning from a friends house when he discovered his parents were gone. He stayed home for a while waiting for them, but they didn't return. After surviving on his own for a little while, he joined the army, figuring at the very least he could try to make a difference. He will do anything he can to help his comrades.

Ken snaps awake when he hears the fire, and quickly gets dressed, grabs grabs his gear, and runs out of his room to see whats going on.
I am a ninja, zam.
Shadowmaster
Total Nutcase
Total Nutcase

Postby Knight Errant » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:48 am

Julian nods, gets suited up, grabs his gear, and heads out. He just hoped to get through this day... in one piece.
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Mendi-chan » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:55 am

Name: Max Golding
Height: 5' 11"
Eye color: Brown
Hair color: Black

Background: Like many other guys around the nation, Max's parents had disappeared during the night. Although this event did shock him, he was old enough that he could manage on his own. Being a rather intelligent boy, he eventually was recruited as a techie for the male army. But as the number of front-line soldiers quickly diminished he found himself reassigned to basic infantry.

Max is usually a rather quiet guy, and is fairly good at keeping his mouth shut and listening to orders. He also is highly protective of his friends, who have become his foster family of sorts in the past weeks.
Husband to Mid Boss
Mendi-chan
MSF's Little Sister
MSF's Little Sister

Postby Brnin8r » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:03 am

((Lol...another thing. You guys really need to treat this as life and death things...because if you do something that is a little on the stupid side, I'm forced to run with it...you'll find I might have a fun time doing it too. Like say...if you're...the guy who played Priscilla...ugh...and you decided it'd be a smart idea to Rambo your way into an entrenched enemy line...you're on your way to death due to overexposure to the chemicals coursing in your vulnerable veins...just keep that in mind.))

Julian heads out into disarray. Everyone is falling over eachother trying to get things done, units of foot soldiers run down the hall to hold an unseen frontline while engineers are trying to get the electricity stable and working. It's easy to tell where the sniper nests are from the hallway of ladders just thirty feet away.

Ken will find himself in a similar situation, surrounded by scrambling people and yelling commanders. A platoon leader looks to Ken and yells, "Where do you think you're going Private? Head to the front gates to hold the line!" Ken's gear consists of standard body armor, a pistol, an assault rifle, and a box with five syringes in it.

Max's door is immediately burst into by a boy in a white, if greased-stained shirt. A quick second and he's shaking Max awake. "Wake up Private. I have on your records that you're good with computers and mechanics yes? Well you're back to a technician right now, the forward guns are on the fritz and if we can't get them up soon the girl's will rip right through us!" He quickly points to Max's gear, places a suitcase in front of it, and leaves. If opened, the case will reveal several slicer tools for computers and a variety of mechanic tools for repairs. Max's other gear consists of standard armor, pistol, assault rifle, and 5 syringes of the antivenom.

(also bear in mind that these weapons are electrical pulse bullets, enough to knock enemy girls unconcious for days. These are used to incapacitate and hold for interrogation the girls captured after battles)

Brnin8r
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Knight Errant » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:07 am

Julian hurries for the closest sniper nest, anxious to get in position as quick as he can.
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Shadowmaster » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:10 am

"Right." Ken says, heading to the front line, pistol out, ready to fire at enemy soldiers.
I am a ninja, zam.
Shadowmaster
Total Nutcase
Total Nutcase

Postby Mendi-chan » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:13 am

Hopping out of his bed, Max jumped down and donned his gear. Moving with a good deal of urgency he opened the case and took an inventory of its contents. "Good..." ,he quietly said to himself, nodding for emphasis. The boy's army sure was efficient, being able to provide him with the tools he needed at such short notice. Looking himself over once to insure that he was forgetting nothing, he darted out of the room. One hand was carrying his case, the other kept on his side arm. His allies needed help, and by God he was going to make sure those forward guns were operational.
Husband to Mid Boss
Mendi-chan
MSF's Little Sister
MSF's Little Sister

Postby Brnin8r » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:22 am

As Julian scales the ladder to the sniper's nest, he finds himself looking at a seemingly hopeless situation: The girl's army looks like it's decimated any and all surrounding buildings that may have provided some sort of defense if they were still standing. It was hard to make out any infantry since the outside guards had been taken care of and all that was needed were the front gates destroyed. A keen eye, much like Julian's through a scope can make out that the infantry was hiding in the debris and detritus. Only a steady hand could really do much in this situation. The separate shots from his fellow snipers in other nests could be heard around him.

As Ken gets to the frontline, he finds that it's not a frontline in the direct sense. He's come to the front gates that, while on a normal day would be shuffling traffic of supplies and war vehicles, now is packed with defense turrets and different objects used as makeshift defense lines such as tables, toppled cars, and other such things. All units seem to be readied behind anything, prepared for the coming assault. A large boom and the building shakes, attesting to the weakening structure in the face of the girl's onslaught.

It was easy to see the controls to the forward guns since they seemed to sparking more than anything else, an occasional electrical fire sprouting only to be doused by the automated anti-fire measures. Many engineers stand circled around the console attempting to get close, only to shy away from another rain of sparks.

Brnin8r
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Knight Errant » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:34 am

He takes a few deep breaths, gets into position, and begins.

He mumbles the one thing he always does at the beginning of a fight. "Time to reach out and touch someone..."

The crack of his rifle begins ripping through the air as he begins surgically picking off the infantry in the rubble.
Last edited by Knight Errant on Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Mendi-chan » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:35 am

"Pardon me," said Max as he moved through the crowd of engineers. This would be a very problematic situation to deal with indeed. But there wasn't any time to devise a plan to figure out a 'safe' way to repair the guns, they needed to be up immediately. Seems like I might have to see a medic after this...

Waiting until after a rain of sparks, the accomplished tech made his way to console with tools in hand. Cutting the necessary wires and rerouting other ones, he frantically attempted to bring the system back online before he was injured to badly from any sparks which could shower him at any second.
Husband to Mid Boss
Mendi-chan
MSF's Little Sister
MSF's Little Sister

Postby Brnin8r » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:48 am

Julian would find that picking off infantry was relatively easy for the first few seconds of fire and after that the targets seemed to get the idea and hid better. In a flash of light, fire, and an ominous pink flare one of the sniper nests exploded in a cloud of the dangerous chemical. The screams of the frantic boy could be heard over the rapid gunfire and then silence from the nest as the boy seemed to have dropped down the high ladder out of the radius of the cloud...but down to the unforgiving floor below. As the battle continued, the forward guns seemed to fire a single explosive round each at the girls again before exploding in gouts of flame.

Max found repairing the console was an easy task if it weren't for the constant shower of white-hot sparks singing his skin. Up until the pain became too excruciating, the job was going well. It seemed the console was fixed and the guns were operating again before it seemed that the wires were melting and a deafening boom could be heard that shook the fort. The forward guns, while just repaired, were done for.

A platoon leader at the front gate sighed at the overhead explosion, knowing what had happened. "All right Boys, it's do or die now, we fight this front until it's absolutely necessary to fall back. Aim for the head and try to conserve your rounds to one shot per girl." With that order, the platoon of boys readied their assault rifles and a sense of ominous dread filled the room as the front gates shook once again from artillary strikes.

((Time for bed))

Brnin8r
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Knight Errant » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:53 am

Julian tries not to think of what would happen if he was shot... instead he focuses on scanning the battleground for any girl with a rocket launcher... or any other one foolish to risk exposing herself long enough for him to get a bead on her.
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Next

Return to Roleplaying