Fable RP Sign-Up (just a small idea)

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

Fable RP Sign-Up (just a small idea)

Postby Haylie » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:13 am

This is something I dreamed up while playing Fable: The Lost Chapters (odd, ain't it?). This is just a li'l somethin' you can get into (or not) that may or may not have a TG element. I suppose you could arrange a little something yourself, or I'm open to suggestions.

If you have any questions, you can consult Wikipedia, or ask me if they don't have what you're looking for, I pretty much know the game by now.

Note this is written with full knowledge of the up-and-coming Fable 2, and I'm not trying to duplicate it in any fashion (because I have no clue what happens there). This is purely for the heck of it. Fable and all related characters and features (except those created here) are the properties of Lionhead Studios and Big Blue Box Studios.

Scenario:
It's 1000 years after the events of the first Fable. Jack of Blades is all but destroyed, and the men and women of that age gone with him. The Hero that slew him has been buried in his home town of Oakvale among the most deserving in that town. An age of peace has followed his righteously bloody wake.

But that age is coming to an abrupt end. News of unprovoked attacks from previously neutral factions across Albion, such as the Bandits (which is no surprise, but nothing of this size before), those from Hook Coast, and several legions from the Northern Wastes. Making this worse is the unusual lack of Heroes in the Guild, and the few that still reside are quickly succumbing to disease or old age.

A large recruitment drive has gone out to find people all over Albion who would be willing to help the cause, whatever their motivations may be: Money, glory, power, peace, or a simple urge to massacre. The choice is theirs, but will they stay true to the Guild, or betray it and destroy them all...?

Rules:
Yes, there's rules. Sorry.

All players, and I mean ALL, must be human, and at least old enough to be able to use a weapon of some sort, be it a sword, bow, or magic. Basically between 15 and 30.

There is no limit to gender, of course. There might or might not be TG. It might well be up to you. I'm always open to ideas.

You are NOT a master of your craft. You are experienced at best. I don't want 60-year-old magic masters coming to this drive, they're looking for young blood. You can be a beginner or a rookie.

Personality is unrestricted. That's the spirit of the game, so it's the spirit of this RP. Do whatever. You can try negotiation, give warnings, or simply massacre everyone. You can even betray the Guild if you want. Be as brutal or as kind-hearted as you want. But beware the consequences.

Everyone can teleport once they have a Guild Seal, which is collected when they complete basic training.

A list of basic classes (these can be mixed-and-matched)
Knight (Typically heavy-melee-inclined, but not completely opposed to using a bow or magic)
Will-User (Will is the energy needed to use magic; he likes his magic, but he will sometimes use a blade or arrow)
Archer (He prefers ranged attacks, but will use magic or a light weapon, given the chance)
Rouge (Like a thief or assassin, though typically evil)
(There are more, of course, and these can be combined into something else, like a Spellwarrior; go crazy)

Here's a list of magic powers (the ones I can remember; some are more useful than others, and can be used by anyone):
Good:
Heal Life (Heals life. Duh. Can be used on yourself and groups of people near you, but not if they're dead; the higher the level the more life you get for your mana)
Physical Shield (Erects a glow around the caster that can't be penetrated until it's bashed out or the caster dismisses it; higher levels = more protection)
Divine Fury (A super-powered magic equivalent to a nuclear warhead; a blue circle appears around the caster that traps enemies and drains their life; this uses a LOT of power)

Neutral:
Enflame (Makes an explosive fire radius around the caster that knocks back enemies and does damage; more level means a bigger radius and more damage; sort of a supercharged Push)
Push (Knocks back enemies within a certain radius, causing minimal damage; great for when you're surrounded)
Fireball (The more you charge it, the bigger the boom, but only at higher levels)
Assassin Rush (Pass through an enemy to land right behind them; Assassins like this move)
Lightning (Cheap, low damage, but it stuns and hits multiple targets at higher levels for continuous damage)
Ghost Sword (Depending on it's level, a number of floating swords come to your aid; one to five only)
Summon (It rips a creature's soul from the Nether Worlds to help you in combat; the first summon is always a wasp, but if it defeats a more powerful beast, you get that creature to use instead; higher levels let it stay longer)
Multi-Strike (Your melee weapon glows and when you strike your target, it's as if he's stricken twice, or more for higher levels; up to five)
Multi-Arrow (Your bow glows and fires multiple arrows four times; higher levels mean more arrows at once)

Evil:
Drain Life (Drains the life of your target and adds it to your health; higher levels mean more health for you and less for them)
Turncoat (Sort of like Jedi Mind Trick, but this takes more time and doesn't last as long, and they don't have to be weak-minded; higher levels turn them quicker and lasts longer; this requires utmost concentration)
Berserk (What does this sound like to you?)
Infernal Wrath (Like Divine Fury, only red and more evil-ish)

List of weapon groups, in order from least to greatest:
Iron
Steel
Obsidian (mostly used by dark players for their dark appearance)
Master (no one can start with this)
Legendary (these weapons have individual names; nobody can start with these)

You must post your person as follows:
Name: Duh.
Title: What most people who don't personally know you would call you. Anything will do.
Class: Warrior, Will User, blah blah blah.
Personality: A basic description of how your character will behave.
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Skills you hope to learn/have learned: Please keep "have learned" to a minimum since you're still new at the Hero thing.

Note: No matter what your alignment, personality, appearance, or deeds done, you will be known as "Hero" to those that haven't heard of you.

Come forth and be judged.
Last edited by Haylie on Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Zu fent wahl hin brii. Slen Ek Brit!
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Language

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Re: Fable RP Sign-Up (just a small idea)

Postby Tiffany Grimm » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:34 am

Name: Robin Locksmith
Title: Arrowslinger
Class: Archer
Personality: Naive and innocent and loving. She was a farm girl befor eleaving home to be an archer.
Strengths: Her keen eyes and quick wit.
Weaknesses: Her innocence, and she too easily falls for lies.
Skills you hope to learn/have learned: She can hunt, and is good with a bow and arrow. She wnats to learn to be an expert marksman.
2nd in command of the Redblades Student of Raleigh! Headmistress of the Tiffany Grimm Academy!
Check out my Characters: http://www.magicalsailorfuku.net/forums ... 32&t=11667
Tiffany Grimm
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby muffinstud » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:37 pm

Don't forget:
Push (Knocks back enemies within a certain radius, causing minimal damage),
Fireball (the more you charge it, the bigger the boom),
Assassin Rush (pass through an enemy to land right behind them),
Lightning (cheap, low damage, but it stuns and hits multiple targets at higher levels)
They're some of my favorites! Plus they're all neutral.

Name: Cletus Fisher
Title: Logger
Class: Spellwarrior
Personality: Complete redneck yokel. Looks out for number 1. His family has lived in the slums of Bowerstone since time began, and he is determined to finally break that chain at all costs.
Strengths: Tough and hearty from working as a lumberjack in the Greatwood near Bowerstone.
Weaknesses: Quick to anger, can't help but spend money till he's more than broke.
Skills learned: Multi-hit. He hopes to improve his strength through the will (also showing that gutter trash like him can look smart too.)
Equipment: Iron Axe, Iron Pistol, Clothes
Last edited by muffinstud on Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Shadowmaster » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:15 pm

Name: Lyon Dracul
Title: Assassin
Class: Spellwarrior
Personality: He does whatever he believes to be best for himself, regardless of what people will think about him.
Strengths: Quick and detemined.
Weaknesses: Very little patience, cocky.
Skills you hope to learn/have learned: None learned, hopes to learn any powerful/usefull spells he can.
I am a ninja, zam.
Shadowmaster
Total Nutcase
Total Nutcase

Postby Haylie » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:38 am

All approved. Should we wait for more?

And Muffinstud, thanks for the extra powers I had forgot. They're mostly ones I don't use a whole lot.

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Sailor Ganymede » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:34 am

I may join this one after I read more about it. Is there a time limit and are there any TF's of any sort? Just wondering.
Sailor Ganymede
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Haylie » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:28 am

It's possible, I guess if someone gets bitten by a Balverine (a werewolf-like creature) or comes up with their own means, or offers a suggestion to me. The power of suggestion is never ending.

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Haylie » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:55 am

I completely forgot about this element that will be in Fable 2: guns. Primitive, but guns nonetheless. And it takes place 500 years from Fable 1. So if you want your character to have something like a flintlock pistol or M1 Garand equivalent, go ahead.

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby muffinstud » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:43 pm

About the guns: Do we get to choose our initial weapons (if we have them) or are we going to receive them during Hero Training? Also, an M1 would still be kind of advanced. Personally, I think a blunderbuss would be awesome (black powder equivalent of a shotgun)

Also, as for the transformations, I figure there are a couple of Demon Doors that haven't been discovered yet that could have some "interesting" side-effects. That, or there could be some legendary armor or weapon that makes the user "fit" it's own predispositons...
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Haylie » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:01 pm

Hey, that's a pretty good idea. We should try that.

I'm not good at history, even less so on guns, so I think you might have to give me a list, there, Muffinstud. I thank you again.

You may choose your starting weapons. Like the first post says, the Guild is mostly looking for those already with experience in combat (and if it doesn't say that, feel free to make fun of me). People may choose up to steel weapons, and maybe obsidion if they clear it with me first. They may find bigger, better weapons and armor as the game progresses, as well as augmentations to the weapons.

Here's the natural order of things:
Knights and Spellwarriors (and such like) are more likely to carry the larger weapons (known as great weapons--greatsword, greathammer, greatmace... you understand), and are more inclined to wear a lot of armor.
Rouges and Assassins usually carry light but powerful weapons like katanas (a bit different than what a normal katana would look like), and wouldn't have much armor.
Wizards don't typically wear armor at all, more the robes and hats associated thereof, and usually carry light weapons like longswords or katanas.

Of course, it's up to you.

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby muffinstud » Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:29 pm

Well, since the tension weapons (bow and crossbow) were kept simple in the first one, I'd say that we should keep the guns simple too. Here's a layout I was thinking of for ranged weapons:

Bow (Fastest reload rate, lower damage)
Crossbow (Slower reload rate, high damage)
Musket (Average reload rate, average damage)
Blunderbuss (Slowest reload rate, high damage, 1-2 targets)
Pistol (Fast reload rate, lowest damage, able to dual-wield)

This way you can have fun with guns, but your classic archery skills won't be tossed aside either. Imagine living in a world where crossbows are considered obsolete!
Oh, and the hierarchy of Bows and Crossbows goes a-like-a-this: Yew, Oak, Ebony (like Obsidian), Master, Legendary
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Haylie » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:19 pm

But there's only one legendary bow that I know of (I mean regular bow, not crossbow) and I can't even get it.

But that's a good list. Yer pretty smart for a loaf of neko-bread (that's a compliment, I swear :shock: )

I forgot about my Hero!

Name: Scarlet Payne
Title: Guildmaster/Paladin
Class: Holy Knight (like a suped-up version of a Spellwarrior; only I can claim this title)
Personality/Background: She's been the Guildmaster for ten years since the last one was killed in a battle in the Northern Wastes. Though young, she's an effective leader who always looks at the big picture, sees the bright line from point A to point B. She's usually calm and comes across as ruthless and cold-blooded, but that doesn't hide her devotion to her students in the Guild and the good of Albion. She doesn't much enjoy the Guild's law that it's students are allowed to walk any path they want, but she's not one to argue the point. Before joining the Guild at the age of ten, she was an orphan working on Orchard Farm for her cousins, who treated her like a slave. In a burst of anger, she stole the sword from the mantle of the home and slew them both. Ironically enough, the sword was the Solus Greatsword.
Strengths: Her devotion to the Guild and sheer physical and mental strength. She holds the Solus Greatsword, the second-strongest sword in the land, only to the Sword of Aeons, and that was destroyed. Avo's Tear was claimed again by it's old master in the underworld.
Weaknesses: Sees anyone that's not an ally as a foe and seeks to dispose of them. She's not very good at public speaking, either.
Skills: Most of the Will abilities; able to wield great weapons; authority and power in the Guild and beyond.

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Haylie » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:55 pm

Okay, the RP is up. Here's some things the newbies should know:

Cullis Gates are the main method of transportation of the people of Albion. Any person can travel between any two Gates at any given time, but only Heroes can teleport to one by use of their Guild Seal. There are many, but spread out, and some are a bit out of the way.

Bowerstone is a peaceful city that doesn't allow weapons in it's walls. There's a lower district, where the poorer folks live, and a richer side, which is less populated, and much more rude. The Mayor lives here. The Cullis Gate is in the downtown area, where most of the shops are, including a tavern, a weapon's shop, a barber's, and a few general stores.

Oakvale is a small farm town with some fairly nice people. It resides right next to a port, so ships and goods go back and forth all the time. A favorite sport here is chicken kicking. It's Cullis Gate lies to the north without leaving the town. It also has a tavern, a general store, and a weapon's shop.

The Northern Wastes are much how someone would imagine Atlantis, but with less water and more snow. There are ruins all over the place, and the beasts that you thought were tough on the mainland are twice as strong here. Watch it.

In the Norther Wastes is the small village of Snowspire, whose inhabitants barely even notice the cold. They also get a bit nervous when "mainlanders" come into their gates. It also has a Cullis Gate, but it's difficult to get to. It has all the shops a Hero needs.

Greatwood is the large wooded area directly south of Bowerstone and the Hero's Guild. Wasps like this area, and unlike real-world wasps, these things are the size of a grown man's arm, and much more likely to sting you. They like to swarm, and many Traders fall prey to these insects. There's one Cullis Gate deep inside.

Darkwood is like an evil Greatwood, just as big and way more dangerous. Many Bandits like to hide out here, and it's not uncommon to find a body or two there. Balverines are prevelant here, and a few people have reported sightings of White Balverines. It's Cullis Gate doesn't work for some reason.

Witchwood is actually seperate from the mainland and inaccessable by anything except a Cullis Gate. There's less here, but Trolls tend to inhabit the areas around the Gate.

Knothole Glade is the woodcutter village in Witchwood that has an unfortunate tendancy to draw Balverines. It runs under one Chieftan. It has it's own Cullis Gate.

Hobbes are short, fat, ugly things that like to steal things and hit people, and sometimes steal people. It's very lucritive to raid their caves next to Darkwood, but also very dangerous, because even though they aren't quite as smart as humans, their ambushing is very good.

Balverines are the Fable equivilant of a werewolf: One bite, an hour or two, and you're barking and howling yourself. They tend to travel in packs, and like to surround their prey. White Balverines are twice as big, and silver is almost a necessity when dealing with one.

Every country needs something to worship, so there are two gods: Avo and Skorm. Avo is a benevolent god while Skorm is evil. Both have their own shrines: Avo in Witchwood, and Skorm in Darkwood. That's really all you need to know about that.

The Sword of Aeons is an incredibly powerful longsword capable of leveling entire cities with one swing. It's also incredibly evil. It was destroyed when the Hero of Oakvale threw it into a vortex. Avo's Tear in the good equivilant to the Sword of Aeons. It was claimed by Avo when the Hero of Oakvale succomed to old age.

I hope I don't have to write much more... Muffinstud, did I leave anything out?

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby muffinstud » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:01 pm

Sounds good.

Just don't forget that close to Knothole glade is the Arena, where you can pay to see a good show, or risk your life to put on said good show. Very touristy though, so what little there is is very pricey.
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Kris_Roth » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:12 am

If you don't mind, I'd like to put in a Healer. Maybe someone to interact with Robin.

Name: Aloena Vertana
Class: Priest/Healer
Title: None, yet
Description: Long Brown shoulder length Hair, Blue eyes, about 5'8", 120 pounds, Medium build. Wears light blue robe/cloth armor, brown cloth boots, brown cloth belt around waist.
Spare clothing: Whatever she was given for her journey to the Heroes Guild to begin her journey.
Personality: Kind, friendly, and loyal to her friends. Will try to suggest the melee members of her party to stay near her for heals/buffs.
Weapons: One handed Mace
Known Spells: Heal - Heals a friendly target
Heal Self - Heals self
Fortify - Buff spell to strengthen one's spirit, cannot cast on self
Spell Shield - cast shield on self and others
I hope that is acceptable. I would say she is a late arrival....
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Next

Return to Roleplaying