Fable RP Sign-Up (just a small idea)

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

Re: Fable RP Sign-Up (just a small idea)

Postby Haylie » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:42 pm

Acceptable:
Name, gender, age, title (I guess), description, personality.

Unacceptable:
Fortify. There are very few buffs in Fable, and then they are only usable on yourself. A list of spells is further up if you need it.

Pending:
Clothing. It can be whatever you want, while allowing for forum rules, of course.
Healing spells. There's only one (Heal Life), and it works on the self and everyone within a 15 foot radius.
Weapons. I'd prefer it if there were a melee weapon (which is fine, the one you have), a ranged weapon (a longbow, crossbow, or primitive rifle, shotgun, or pistol).
Spell Shield. It only works on the caster. And it's called Physical Shield. Sorry, I'm a stickler for that kind of detail.
A little backstory wouldn't hurt. Not a necessity, but it'd help us understand her a bit better.

Other than that, welcome to the Guild of Heroes, Aloena.

I suppose I should have said this earlier: All new-comers are welcome, and able to show up at any time. I'm not that mean. :P
Zu fent wahl hin brii. Slen Ek Brit!
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Language

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Kris_Roth » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:49 pm

Can Aloena have a wand that shoots fire balls or arcane energy? That would be a good ranged weapon for her. I play War of Warcraft and the priest has the ability to start off with maces, wear cloth armor and wield wands.
So I can bring her in? I'll set up her backstory as I post her coming to the Heroes Guild. She only has heal life and the physical shield spell scribed in her spell book...can I take scribe spells as she learns new spells on her journey as well?
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Haylie » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:00 pm

She can write them down, if that's what you mean. The basic theme of Fable is character development by whatever means necessary.

As for the wand... I dunno... WoW and Fable are two totally different things, and the only thing even resembling a wand in Fable is a stick, and that's only for melee.

No, really, a stick.

The mace is fine, as long as it's either steel or iron. Iron is the lesser of the two. The wand is a bit of a stretch though.

Ah, what the hell. Go for it. Even though she could shoot fireballs from her hands when she learns the spell. Maybe just the arcane energy, like a small shot of magic.

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Lanzerus » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:39 pm

Name: Keaton Darrian
Title: Traveler

Class: Will user

Personality: he is generally nice, but like most humans, he will have times at which his morality isn't the greatest, most likely a neutral character, and he will generally try to shy away from the eyes of others. He is a strong worshipper of Avos, if you want to know just how strong he is...think a telavangelist, yeah, he is that much of a believer.

Strengths: He has a great capability for learning quickly, in mostly any condition of mental health, or area.

Weaknesses: Because he Has such great ability in learning his physique is lacking.

Skills you hope to learn/have learned: Darrian knows basic swordfigthing, but hopes to become a powerfull will-user

appearance: He will be wearing white pants and long leather boots, a white shirt, that has detached sleeves to show off his shoulders. with a belt that runs diagonally across his chest to hold items, he carrys a sack that he keeps paper and book in. his hair is a dull brown and his eyes are a light blue. he carrys a light traveler's staff and if needed a small dagger of iron under the belt that suspends his pants (all pants need belts amiright?). Although he bears no scars, he still has seen quite a bit of fighting.
Self-proclaimed, Lord and Creator of the Inactivity void.
Lanzerus
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Haylie » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:42 pm

I'm the ArchAngel, and I approve Keaton's message.

That means your good, and feel free to jump in anytime you like.

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Knight Errant » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:42 pm

Is it too late for me to jump in? I just recently found out how amazing Fable is... unfortunatley the person who I borrowed Fable from took it back when I was still about 1/3 of the way into the game... but I tore through Fable 2 like no tommorrow. XD
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Haylie » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:39 am

Nope. Just put up a character and I'll approve it, then you can jump in whenever you like.

It's good you have been enlightened by Fable 2. It's a good game, is it not?

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Knight Errant » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:17 am

Ahh yes it is very good... it has a sense of humor that makes reading the description of celery hilarious XD

And what MSFer wouldnt love what is found in the depths of Castle Fairfax? Good ol' Leo Head...

Name: Joshua Strife
Title: Land Shark

Class: Archer

Personality: He is an ex-pirate captain. A rather rare thing to come across to be sure. But with his ship wrecked in a storm it was either seek fortune at land or sign up as another captain's underling. And his pride wouldnt stand for that. His morals are... that of a pirate captain. Though he keeps enough personal standards to stay above "the common thug." His long-term goal is to amass enough gold to buy himself a new ship and take to the seas again.

Strengths: Very deadly from medium to long range. His speed and accuracy with his pistols are almost uncanny.

Weaknesses: He is rather weak in melee... very weak actually. When caught in it, he has to rely on his speed rather than his strength with the cutlass he wields.

Skills hoping to learn: He hopes to get at least passable with his sword... and become known as the best shot in all Albion.

Appearance: He wears a silver-trimmed dark green captain's hat with a peacock's feather in it. His cuffed jacket sports the same silver-trimmed green theme, and has many inner pockets for ammo. He has a rather nice shirt, which is overlayed with black leather straps which hold his six pistols. Yes, he has six of them. His belt is black leather with a silver buckle, and at his side is a nicely-made cutlass which looks to have seen little use. Green pants and sturdy black leather boots complete the outfit.

His hair is black and shoulder-length. His eyes a piercing blue, and he has a rough thin beard (think "The Poet" in Fable 2). He also has a scar across the left side of his face, running diagonally across his eye. A relic of his bad melee skills. Though he was lucky enough to come out with his eye undamaged.

(That good?)
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Haylie » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:51 am

Very good, sir. Feel free to jump in anytime you like. You might do something about that bandit in the treetops...

Oh, and by the way, in Fable 2, Dash is a pushover.

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Knight Errant » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:47 pm

He might be a pushover, but he has some great lines...

"Why do you think I'm called Dash? Stupid! I could outrun the guards before I was out 'a nappies! What chance have you got? The last guy who tried to catch me went blue in the face and keeled over, and I was already miles away!"

Maybe thats why he sucked so bad when you finally caught him... he never stood and fought. XD
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Haylie » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:45 pm

Yep. One shot from my trusty rusty turret rifle (no, seriously, a frickin' rusty turret rifle) and he doubled over, still standing up, to slowly fall back on his ankles onto his smart-ass.

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Previous

Return to Roleplaying