The Mage Star is Complete

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

The Mage Star is Complete

Postby Snow Dragon » Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:59 am

Black Mage plushie #40: Captain, we're holding orbit above planet Eckspen Deebal and awaiting your orders.
Black Mage plushie #34: ............

(In deep space, a titanic gray sphere slowly crawls toward the fourth planet of the Zkrood system, a huge trail of blue etheral smoke wafting behind it from hundreds of exhaust ports, marking its progress through space)

Black Mage plushie #34: You have the coordinates?
Black Mage plushie #19: Yes, Captain! Everything's ready.
(Black Mage plushie #34 stood up briefly from his chair, his oversized mage hat, handed down from the great Black Mage Stratagemini himself, easily dwarfing that of his plushie bretheren)
Black Mage plushie #34: Then fire.
Black Mage plushie #4: Yes, Captain! (He activates several dials, then pushes a big button as the weapon schematics appear on-screen)
+Weapon active: Ice VIII Cannon+
+Casti... er... Charging time: Two minutes+
+Range: 500,000 miles+
+Radius of effect: One atmosphere+
+Effect: 500d20 ice damage; due to the severe cold induced by the weapon, the atmosphere in question will reach a temperature just higher than absolute zero, causing nearly all molecular motion to halt and all mana wavelengths to be stripped to their most basic energies. For this reason, any creatures' resistances or immunities to magical cold damage is negated for the purposes of this weapon+
+Save: Yeah, right+
+Spell resistance: Fat chance, sucker+

(In space, the enormous "eye" of the Mage Star lights up with a ghostly blue energy, and circles of runes start appearing around the center, each one spinning slowly as another ring appears closer to the point of the weapon being charged)
(After a relatively short charging time, the final seal appears over the center of the "eye," and the runes stop rotating)
*BWEEEEEEEEEM!*
*K-CRACK!*

(In a galaxy far, far away)
"Ben, is something wrong?" Luke asked, deactivating the lightsaber in his hands.
Obi-wan Kenobi slowly sat down, holding his head as his weary eyes blinked rapidly.
"I felt a great disturbance in the Force... as if thousands of voice cried out in terror... and it had absolutely nothing to do with us."
Luke raised an eyebrow. "Oh. Okay. So... now what?"
Obi-wan shook his head. "Nevermind. You'll have to-Oh... Oh... Crap. Yeah, okay. That one was one of ours."

(Back at the Mage Star)
Black Mage plushie #99: Checking scanners...... all life has been extinguished. There's NOTHING down there except ice, ice, and more ice. Every atom has been condensed into a frozen solid mass.
Black Mage plushie #12: It's a success! We did it!
Black Mage plushie #30: Woohoo!
(Black Mage plushie #34 smiled, though it was impossible to tell due to the pitch darkness that was his face)
Black Mage plushie #34: Gentlemen... the Mage Star... is operational. Set course back to MASA.
Black Mage plushie #20: Yes, Captain!

(At MASA Headquarters in Muffinville, a great banner has been unfurled proclaiming the "Grand Activating of the Mage Star.")
(Within the main lobby, a sign has been posted advertising guided tours of the station. It reads as follows:)
+Guided tours: 1,000 HL+
+Brotherhood membership: %50 off price of admission and restaurants (but not gift shop!)+
+Tour rules:+
+Due to extensive anti-teleportation warding and shielding within the station, no personal teleportation or extra-planar travel is possible into, out of, or within the Mage Star. This includes, but is not limited to, teleportation spells, gate spells, teleportation devices, hyperspace/Warp gates, or summoning spells+
+No outside food or drink+
+No bringing man-portable weapons or using spells with a blast radius greater than or equal to that of most cities. If you MUST have a weapon with that kind of destructive power, please mount it onto an appropriately large and imposing war machine like all civilized people. Thank you.+
+No smoking+
+No hobos allowed+
+Have a nice day!+
Super-depressed Freelance Princess
Snow Dragon
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Raleigh » Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:21 am

*Appears in a small puff of smoke and flame outside of MASA headquarters.* Hm.. well I suppose I can attend. Lets see, no teleportation or extra-planer traveling. Well that kind of means I need to adjust myself a bit before walking in. *Binds all of herself into the current physical body she was using so she isn't breaking those rules before looking around for someone to pay for the tour.* So now where is the check-in table? I can't resist a tour.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Snow Dragon » Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:32 am

Rei wrote:*Appears in a small puff of smoke and flame outside of MASA headquarters.* Hm.. well I suppose I can attend. Lets see, no teleportation or extra-planer traveling. Well that kind of means I need to adjust myself a bit before walking in. *Binds all of herself into the current physical body she was using so she isn't breaking those rules before looking around for someone to pay for the tour.* So now where is the check-in table? I can't resist a tour.

(A White Mage plushie promptly waddles up to Rags)
White Mage plushie: Hello sir, and welcome to MASA! Today's the grand activating of the Mage Star, the most powerful magitechnological weapon in the known universe! Are you here to take the tour, launch an assault, or would you care to peruse our normal selection of goods and services?
Snow Dragon
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Raleigh » Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:38 am

A bit ot this and a little of that I think. For now though, I would prefer to take the tour. Never hurts to be a bit more familiar with weapons that could possibly pose a threat to yourself. Well, that is assuming you aren't being made familiar with them by having them used on you.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Tala » Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:30 pm

*Lands on the white mage after jumping from the celing*

"Hello."
'Adrift upon the sea of time, the lonely god wanders from shore to distant shore, upholding the laws of the stars above.' - written by Arya in Brisingr
http://pokefarm.org/_ext/user/Talarosesong
help my farm
Tala
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:26 pm

Hello Arya, could you move please? I would like to be able to finish my business with the white mage plushy so I can see what this thing MASA has made looks like.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Snow Dragon » Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:40 pm

Arya wrote:*Lands on the white mage after jumping from the celing*

"Hello."

White Mage plushie: Oof! (Smiles weakly) Eh heh... exuberant little one, aren't you? Are you here for the tour, or are you launching an assault on the station?
Snow Dragon
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Tala » Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:14 pm

"I am here for the tour. I get a discount. See."

*Jumps off the plushie and shows her "Spammer Rank C" badge*
'Adrift upon the sea of time, the lonely god wanders from shore to distant shore, upholding the laws of the stars above.' - written by Arya in Brisingr
help my farm
Tala
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Snow Dragon » Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:37 pm

White Mage plushie: Ah, okay. Very good, then.
(A Red Mage plushie walks up, holding a pair of T-shirts)
Red Mage plushie: That'll be 500 HL, Miss Arya, and 1,000 HL for you, Mister Rei. As a grand activating bonus, today ONLY you get T-shirts free with admission!
(The plushie hands them both steel-gray T-shirts with the words "I watched a civilization get wiped out underneath an all-consuming mass of ice and all I got was this lousy T-shirt")
Snow Dragon
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Tala » Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:01 pm

*Arya reached into subspace and handed the plushie the ammount needed with a small tip*

"There you go. I know pawning things was smart."
help my farm
Tala
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Snow Dragon » Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:13 pm

Red Mage plushie: Very smart! (Hands Katt her T-shirt as he collects the money) Will you be checking any weapons of obscene power or requiring a spell block before we begin, miss?
Snow Dragon
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Tala » Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:18 pm

"No. I don't have powerful weapons. Unless you cond randomness powerful."
help my farm
Tala
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Snow Dragon » Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:28 pm

Red Mage plushie (suspiciously): Is it city-and/or-titanic-space-station-destroying randomness?
Snow Dragon
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Tala » Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:31 pm

"I have no clue what it will do. Mostly it just lets me appear out of no where while still obeying the laws of physics and space and time."
help my farm
Tala
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Just some lady » Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:49 pm

Having been wandering to and fro through various twisty and turning hallways in a delightedly random fashion, Caprice emerged breathless and eager onto the main bridge of the Mage Starhappy, despite not knowing how or why she ended up in this section of the ship, or on the ship in the first place. Taking only a moment to catch her breath she called out happily to the crowd of plushies.
"Heeeelllloooo~!"
Just some lady
Hisho
Hisho

Next

Return to Roleplaying