The Mole: A Sci Fi Mystery

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

Re: The Mole: A Sci Fi Mystery

Postby Shy Shay » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:41 pm

Luka leaps up, tossing his book on the bed and throwing the sign back into the room as he hurries to the source of the yelp. "What's going on?!"
Do you know the muffin man? The muffin man? The muffin man?
Do you know the muffin man, who's now the muffin girl?

Corruption is fun.

The power of Shy compels you!

The one TF I don't like is inanimate. Otherwise, go wild.
Shy Shay
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Zoey » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:53 am

Markus grins. "The name's Markus, Ima pilot. Nice tee meet ya" he replies shaking his hand. "And this is my baby" he adds with much delight pointing to his mech. "Beaut, aint she?" he asked looking at with a very satisfied look.
"Let me confirm, your shelter shield is activated?"
"What are you planning?!"
"Your shelter is secure, is it?"
"Of course it is! Just see for yourself how powerless you are!"
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Bigmouthstrikes » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:08 pm

Neil didn't respond to the people around him. He was too transfixed, for the moment, on what was happening to him.

He let out a peircing cry as he curled up on the floor
My DevaintART Account - Here there be writings
Bigmouthstrikes
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Ookalf » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:27 pm

Shy Shay wrote:Luka leaps up, tossing his book on the bed and throwing the sign back into the room as he hurries to the source of the yelp. "What's going on?!"

I don't know! He just fell down and started screaming!
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby muffinstud » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:47 pm

Hardy lifts Neil off of the beanbag and sets him on the floor. "Where's our doctor? We've got to figure out what's wrong with him!"

Neil's skin continues to press against him, and it seems to slither about like there's an army of snakes underneath it. His scalp tingles, and everyone but him can see his hair turn from his light blond to a sandy brown. It's also a little longer, perhaps by two inches.

[Waiting on KE for his description of his mech to continue in the cargo bay]
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Knight Errant » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:19 pm

((Nice scream XD))

Isaac walks behind Markus, pausing to look up at his mech. "That is yours, huh? Not bad... for a starting pilot. If you want to see a REAL mech... take a look at this."

He continues walking, stopping in front of his own machine. It looks like another Shining Knight. But unlike Markus's it is heavily modified. Isaac cant help but begin boasting. "It comes equipped with standard chainguns on the shoulders as well as the right arm blade attachment, but that's all it shares in common with your stock machine." He points to two stovepipe-like cannons mounted on the back hardpoints. "Flak cannons. Able to shred flying targets from bombers, fighters, even jump jet equipped mechs."

He points to the left arm, which is much more bulky than the right. On the end, a large heavy shovel-like shield is attached. "My shield arm is reinforced. The shield is non retractable, but strong enough to crash through walls like a wrecking ball... and flip mechs in a close quarters grapple." He points to the armor, which is quite bulkier, and seems to have a paint job reverse of Markus's. Mostly blue with white accents. Stamped on the chest is a flaming sunburst. "My armor is multiplated reflective and reactive. Able to dissipate energy weapons, lasers... even glancing blows with an energy blade. Beneath it is heavy reactive armor. Able to absorb and dissipate the energy of high velocity gun rounds. I could charge through a warzone and come out with just a few dents."

He crosses his arms and looks back. "Nova Securities custom model. I also have side shoulder mounted EMP grenade launchers, and top shoulder mounted corrosive missile launchers. Not to mention the alternate incendiary and bunker buster rockets loadable in the launchers... depending on my situation."
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Shy Shay » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:19 pm

Luka blinks. "...this is not normal. Not normal at all. I'm going to have an inflood of patients very quickly." He sighs. "I'm useless here. Does anybody know what's going on?"
Do you know the muffin man? The muffin man? The muffin man?
Do you know the muffin man, who's now the muffin girl?

Corruption is fun.

The power of Shy compels you!

The one TF I don't like is inanimate. Otherwise, go wild.
Shy Shay
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Zoey » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:36 pm

Markus laughed. "Hahaha, Aye lad that be an impresive machine, but the greatest mech in the world aint worth jack without a good pilot. And yer looking at the best pilot in the Milky Way Galaxy" he grinned pointing at himself. "Maybe a spar match is on our future. Just don't cry when me machine flies circles around yer slow mech" he added making clear that his Mech was faster than Issac's.
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Knight Errant » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:05 pm

Isaac smiles slightly. "We will have to wait planetside for that. But we will have plenty of time once things are set up. And I'll be happy to show you who is boss..."

"Good to see at least one pilot aboard besides me. Even if you do look like a greenhorn."
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Zoey » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:05 pm

Markus laughed. "Ya got a nice sense of humor. I like you already Lass" he says patting Issac's back. "So, how long did it take ter make the conversion? Its not easy finding the sort of equipment ya got" he added looking over Issac's mech. "Especially a reliable power source to maintain operational all the equipment ya put on her. One thing is a mech working under normal enviroment, another is when your in combat".
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Knight Errant » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:17 pm

"I'm not sure if we have been officially introduced... Isaac Grumm. Chief Security Officer. As for how long it took... I started stock and worked my way up through many years and many jobs. What your seeing is the end result... she is my baby. Seen almost as much action as I have... and we are both the tougher for it."

"As for the power source... custom fit Nova T-Cell. You wont find it strapped to the hull, thats for sure. Much more expensive, much more delicate... much more capacity and power."
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Zoey » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:29 pm

Markus nods. "Markus the name. Im the pilot of this here ship and an ex military mech pilot at yer service" he replies before going back to the mech. "Heh, I don't know how you've gotten that frankenstein to work, but if you say it fights then I'll take yer word for it" says Markus. "Unlike yer girl, All I've done is upgrade mine. Re-worked the whole inner mainframe of cables, supports, cuplins, ya name it. Added more cells to the battery to keep her running better and upgraded the assult blade from a Titanium one to a Moonanite one and let me tell you, I spent a good deal of money saving up for that one. The Shield on the other hand has a repulser attached to it, like ye find on Battleship outter shields. Its a bit too heavy for my liking, but it increases its defensive power by alot and it worst comes to shove, I can always dettach it... said Markus, gloating about his own mech.
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Knight Errant » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:30 am

Isaac grins. "I've worked on heavy machinery longer than I've been shooting people for a living. No one works on that mech but me. And no one else can keep her running."

"And your ex military, huh? Never had much time for the military myself. Too many rules, too many poles shoved up their asses. In Nova, we get the job done. With style..."
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Bigmouthstrikes » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:35 am

Neil didn't respond to this colleagues questions. Instead, he continued to shiver and said, simply, "Water..."
My DevaintART Account - Here there be writings
Bigmouthstrikes
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Zoey » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:42 pm

"Well yeah, not many people get REAL training, so they rather go else where to learn how to pilot" replies Mark grinning as he talks.
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplaying