The Mole: A Sci Fi Mystery

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

Re: The Mole: A Sci Fi Mystery

Postby Stray-chan » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:47 am

Thomas frowns a bit at the votes for movies. "Man, I'm in a comedy mood, but you two," he nods to the other two crew members who voted, "seem pretty down with the action so... have any funny action films?"
Stray-chan and Lost Wanderer are different people now! Yay!
Catgirl-maid Lost
Stray-chan
Proponent of Disorder
Proponent of Disorder

Postby Zoey » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:46 pm

Markus turned around to see Koren and gives him an odd look. "Uhh... ok. Sure, come with me I'll take you there" he said motioning Koren to follow.
"Let me confirm, your shelter shield is activated?"
"What are you planning?!"
"Your shelter is secure, is it?"
"Of course it is! Just see for yourself how powerless you are!"
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Bigmouthstrikes » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:40 pm

Neil recovered from the sickness that overtook him at first take off and left off in search of some water.

Once he had some, he wandered over to the group looking through movies and plopped down in their location, still feeling a bit queasy.

"Hello everyone..."
My DevaintART Account - Here there be writings
Bigmouthstrikes
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby muffinstud » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:28 pm

[Yay! Everyone's back in and happy and joyful! Let's get to the goods! Well, after our mole makes his or her first move, that is!]

Hardy ponders over the selection. "Well, there's a buddy cop movie. Those usually have funny and action. You guys game?" He holds out the vid box and lets them see it. It's "Unger and Tooch", the wise-cracking cop duo.

As they go down the hall, Markus, Koren, and Isaac eventually go through the now open door to the cargo bay. Filling most of their initial view is the intimidating sight of all the materials containers. Food, ReadySet concrete, and huge steel bars block the view straight ahead. To the left is a plexiglass case with rows of firearms on display. The small arms cabinet follows the outside wall for a good ways, and it shows a series of sturdy looking locks that Isaac just happens to have the key for.

To the right is a similar case, but taller and without the shelves. Inside are the PA suits in all their varieties. These are also under lock and key, one which Isaac also has. On the wall of crates in front of them is a sign with arrows in both directions. Combat mechs are around the corner to the right, utility mechs to the left.
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Ookalf » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:32 pm

muffinstud wrote:[Yay! Everyone's back in and happy and joyful! Let's get to the goods! Well, after our mole makes his or her first move, that is!]

Hardy ponders over the selection. "Well, there's a buddy cop movie. Those usually have funny and action. You guys game?" He holds out the vid box and lets them see it. It's "Unger and Tooch", the wise-cracking cop duo.

Sounds good to me.
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Blaze » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:22 pm

Dean nods and gets comfortable.

"Sure. Put it on."
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby muffinstud » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:19 pm

[Okay, even though I wanted to wait for the next round of posting for this, I'll put it up now just so people can get excited. We have our first victim!]

Captain Hardy puts the movie in and starts the show. He sits down on a chair between Neil and Dean. "Oh, I almost forgot. Popcorn?" He gets back up and heads to the kitchen.

As Hardy starts leaving, Neil feels a pinching sensation in his gut. This is entirely different from the general unease he had from the space sickness. It's sharp, but not painful, to be honest. It just feels like there's something poking his insides from the inside. If that even makes sense. What also seems odd is the holo display from his smartband. Over the cloth is the standard display he usually uses. What is odd is that he hadn't done anything to bring it up. What is also odd is that his name is backwards. Instead of Neil Sterling, it reads Sterling Neil.
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Shy Shay » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:23 pm

Luka is... still oblivious to all of this! Being kind of a loner, he is still in his therapy room, reading a book. He gets up, streches, and puts a sign on the handle fo the door. It says, "Taking walk in appointments". He then closed it, and relaxed back down. He would call the captian down in maybe an hour or so.
Do you know the muffin man? The muffin man? The muffin man?
Do you know the muffin man, who's now the muffin girl?

Corruption is fun.

The power of Shy compels you!

The one TF I don't like is inanimate. Otherwise, go wild.
Shy Shay
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Ookalf » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:04 pm

muffinstud wrote:Captain Hardy puts the movie in and starts the show. He sits down on a chair between Neil and Dean. "Oh, I almost forgot. Popcorn?" He gets back up and heads to the kitchen.

Sounds good. Thank you, sir.
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Blaze » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:19 pm

Dean nods.

"Yes please sir."
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Harri-chan » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:23 am

Koren followed Markus. "I'm Koren. The xenobiologist from the Academy? I'm going to be carrying out research on the animals and plant life. What's your name?", he asked, hurrying to keep up pace with the pilot and walk at his side.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Knight Errant » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:25 am

Isaac looks to the left and the right... his eyes wandering over the weapons and armor with a slight smile on his face. Even though he had a key, the thought occurs to him that arming up as soon as possible looks a bit... paranoid.

So instead, he walks past the armament cases, turns a corner, and makes a path to the combat mechs! His smile widening as he nears several tons of armor, weapons, and engine. He looks around for his mech...
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Bigmouthstrikes » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:36 am

"What the hell?" Neil said, standing up quickly...or was it Sterling? Either way, he lurched forward, before falling over.

"Help!" He called out to anyone who would listen.
My DevaintART Account - Here there be writings
Bigmouthstrikes
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby muffinstud » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:59 pm

[Hmm, I've been waiting for replies, when I noticed everyone's been posting. Silly me. I'm waiting for myself.]

Luka will find his room just as spartan as the others, but his things make it feel a little more homey. The doors are rather thin though, and he can easily hear Dean's call for help in the living room.

The doors to the cargo bay are not as thin, however. Isaac, Koren, and Marcus do not hear the plea. Rather, they find all sorts of wondrous machinery as they round the corner to the combat mechs. First in line is the Warlord. It towers above them even with its chickenlegs folded under the fuselage. The rail guns gleam in the flourescent lighting and extend over their heads like some sort of highly explosive steel bridge.

Beside the Warlord is Marcus' precious, his Shining Knight. White with navy blue accent panels on the biceps and thighs, the form factor was made to intimidate with sharp angles and references to midieval armor. It's sleek, beautiful, and agile.

Captain Hardy runs out into the living room. "What's wrong?"

Neil's stomach pains continue, and if that wasn't bad enough, his skin crawls and feels overly tight. It presses against him like an ill-fitting suit. The pressure is quite intense, and it makes it difficult to control his arms and legs.
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Ookalf » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:25 pm

Bigmouthstrikes wrote:"What the hell?" Neil said, standing up quickly...or was it Sterling? Either way, he lurched forward, before falling over.

"Help!" He called out to anyone who would listen.

*Julian gets up and walks over to Neil.* Hey, are you okay?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplaying