Upton & Upton Mineing Co.

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

Postby AshK » Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:02 pm

"Is there any end to this Shaft? I am assuming it's the Portal." John said.

*Continues to fall toward the Portal.*
AshK
Postimus Maximus
Postimus Maximus

Postby Shadowmaster » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:16 pm

"What is this?!" Adam asks/yells. "This hardly seems like a good thing."

OOC: I'll edit if I'm not supposed to be there also.
I am a ninja, zam.
Shadowmaster
Total Nutcase
Total Nutcase

Postby Brnin8r » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:57 pm

After Jared determined that he was pretty much done with life if he ever hit the floor, he planned on having fun with it. As the portal slowly approached he whooped and howled like he was on the last roller coaster of his life.
It's not about how much dough you make -- it's about how delicious a pizza you eat at the end.

http://swalrus.deviantart.com/ An ancient dA page that is thinking about standing up again someday.
Brnin8r
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Location: In a quiet home reading quiet books about loud worlds.

Postby Azathoth » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:38 pm

As they hit the portal, they get an odd feeling... like they are being streched and compressed in an instant. After a moment it is gone, and they are falling onto a cushoney surface, like a trampolene inbedded in the floor. Once they stop bouncing and get to look around they see that the new room they are in is windowless and made of black metal. One door sits in the wall, and off to the side stands a man... the twin of the one why had you all sign the contract. He looks at you, a slightly amused expression on his face as he waits for the inevitable barrage of questions.

The portal above you remains open... waiting for more to fall through...
Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...
Azathoth
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Kumi-chan » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:21 am

Ken falls onto the mate feeling quite strange from the portal shaking his head he looks around studying the room. "Ohh man what was that?"
Kumi-chan
Spaminator
Spaminator

Postby AshK » Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:49 am

*John finally hits the portal and feels all sorts of strange things around his body as he is going through the portal. He lands on the Cushion. He then wonders what's going on.*

"Um excuse me," *looks at the guy.* "Hey didn't I just see you in that room? What is going on here? Why are we here besides the fact that we applied for a job here?" John asked a bit confused. :?
AshK
Postimus Maximus
Postimus Maximus

Postby Zoey » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:48 am

Where the heck are we?!said Kevin as he looked aroud the room.
"Let me confirm, your shelter shield is activated?"
"What are you planning?!"
"Your shelter is secure, is it?"
"Of course it is! Just see for yourself how powerless you are!"
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Brnin8r » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:24 am

Jared was still yelling as he hit the floor like he was still falling. He went for about ten more seconds before he slowed as he realized the trip was done. "AAAAaaaa....oh wow...that was fun. What was it for though?" the question directed at the practical clone of the previous man.
It's not about how much dough you make -- it's about how delicious a pizza you eat at the end.

http://swalrus.deviantart.com/ An ancient dA page that is thinking about standing up again someday.
Brnin8r
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Shadowmaster » Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:05 am

"What's going on?" Adam asks. It may have been asked before, but what else can you say?
I am a ninja, zam.
Shadowmaster
Total Nutcase
Total Nutcase

Postby Azathoth » Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:06 am

The man spoke up. "You have been transported to your work sight. You will remain here for one year, according to the contract."

"The portal was neccessary, since the distance is long... but often new workers were hesitant of passing through it. So we removed that problem."
Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...
Azathoth
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Brnin8r » Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:09 am

Jared stood up and brushed himself off. "So what's the job?" already he was heading to the door to start whatever it was.

Brnin8r
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Azathoth » Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:25 am

The man makes no move to stop him. "You will be mineing metal ore. You will be trained in the use of the mineing equipment once you are settled in... Unless you are interested in more menial tasks around the compound."
Azathoth
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Brnin8r » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:02 am

Jared scoffed a little. Menial tasks? Whatever the hell that meant it didn't sound as fun as smashing rocks with a sharp metal object. "Right right. So you want me to settle in now or just get to it?" he was still leaving but walking slower.

Brnin8r
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Asch » Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:06 pm

"Menial tasks, such as? I'd prefer not getting my hands dirty as much as I'm sure some of the others here would..." David said, one of his first few sentences. "But I wasn't expecting this, to be completely cut off from civilization. Just what kind of establishment are you running?"
Asch
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Kumi-chan » Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:18 pm

Ken sighs. "Just great I apply for a computer job and get stuck mining."
Kumi-chan
Spaminator
Spaminator

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplaying