Muffinstud tries the caption thing out

When a picture inspires the mind and a story forms within.

Moderator: Raleigh

Postby Rowan » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:44 pm

Those were awesome! ^___^

The restauraunt one was my favorite, the crab one was great, and the face of evil was inspired!
Rowan
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby jimmyinwhite » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:21 pm

I wonder if lime is still hireing & if the changes fix older injuries like my right leg.
i walk in the land of dreams looking for the truth
test to find out who you are!
jimmyinwhite
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Stellar » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:46 pm

*Stellar wonders if she needs to reiterate that she LOVES THE CRAB!*
~Wearing Vintage Misery~
Stellar
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby muffinstud » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:31 am

Well, it was only a matter of time until this happened. Not only have I returned to harass you all in the forums, but I'm also harassing your brains directly through images! Yes, I'm back in the caption game!

See, part of the reason for my hiatus was the fact that I had pretty much burnt myself out. I had this large folder (nowhere near as large as The Nekkid One's) of images to caption, and I wanted to caption them all. I just couldn't find the time though, so I had all these stories jumping around in my head. Frankly, it hurt.

So this time around, I'm doing things differently. No image folder for me, I'm just going to see what I see, and when something jumps out at me, I'll caption it. I've found that, at least when it comes to my captions, those ones turn out the best anyways.

Also, if you find an image you think is really cool, or would go along really well with one of the universes I have going on (Project Neko, MSF Survival Guide, the Lakehouse, etc.) or if you find something that you think would continue a certain captions story really well, by all means send it to me. PM or post in this thread, I don't care. I'm open to any and all forms of ideas, but remember that I try to stay in good taste. Plus, I can't guarantee that the image will inspire me to go in the exact direction you expected me to.

Enough talking, it's caption time.

This one slipped through my fingers when I was posting back in the day. I figured why not? Retro is good.

Project Neko lives again! I remember requests for something from the Bunny's point of view, so I tried this out. Do I see a hint of foreshadowing as well?

Yeah, another story caption. Who'da thunk it? If you want to see a continuation, please donate pictures. I would love to flesh it out more, but I don't have much time to search right now.
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Mystic Mina » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:37 am

Anyone who supports Deadpool is automatically super duper awesome, not like you weren't already. ;3 God speed, muffinstud! FIGHT FOR EVERLASTING CAPTIONS!
Mystic Mina
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:06 am

Oh, look! Captions were added to Muffin's last post! Yay!

[This was an advertisement.]

Hey, I remember that first one! Because it hadn't been allowed on the site. XD

And since my memory is bad I am guessing that there's a mental TF involved with the neko bullet? Because I figure that it might work the other way, too; that is, that the same information may be just as helpful for the neko side to know. Either way, poor usagi. :(
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Kisai » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:13 am

Holy crap, Muffinstud. o_o

I just lurk here, but I gotta say... That one caption freaked me out... MY name's Philip... At first I was like, "Eh, he's just using the name Phil... No biggie. It's not that unique a name, it's possible for others to use it..."

But... the name of his friend...? MARK? "WHAT THE--!? That's the same name as Mark's!" Yes, I have a friend named Mark! Using the same legal name I have is one thing, but getting the name of my friend as well?? @_@;;

...ARE YOU SPYING ON MY MIND?

I can't believe this... o_o; Is this... some... sign of the Fates or something...? Or... is this just a coincidence, or... something deeper somehow...? Whoa...
Kisai
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Lucky » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:50 pm

EGADES! CAPTIONS!
Lucky
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Mistress Guendolen » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:11 pm

Oh, the experiment one was creepy.... The vibe it had almost makes your skin crawl. I consider that a plus, by the way. Good work overall!
Adding to the magical kitten girl army...one huggle at a time mraa
Mistress Guendolen
Senpai
Senpai

Location: My own mental universe of animated otherworldly fantasy

Postby Ninian » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:19 pm

I love your stuff, Muffinstud ^^; You have a handle on just the right amount of text most of the time, and you cover a lot of themes that are perennial favorites of mine.

EDIT: Oh, the experiment one was really nifty. I wonder if it has anything do with the PN storyline...
Ninian
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Katty » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:02 pm

Purple nurple of girly doom? Kinda odd but funny none the less.

YAY for more Project Neko. Sad story though. At least I thought it was a sad story.

If I find an image you can use for that story caption, then I'll send it to you.

=^-^=
Beware the magic pencil!
Katty
MSFer
MSFer

Location: My own universe where my pencil is the supreme power!

Postby Haylie » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:36 pm

Wow. Retro IS good. I thought it a bit funny, as in weird-funny, but I find it the other funny, too. Uh... yeah.

The bunny one was kinda sad. I almost felt sorry for her. Almost.

I'll image-hop and see what I find. Good work, keep it up.
Zu fent wahl hin brii. Slen Ek Brit!
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Language

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Funny Hat + Funny Accent » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:14 pm

EGAD! Retro!
Bore: Ah, comrade Yozis! I have been meaning to have bear wrestling match with you! Let me show you what your rear end looks like! *turns them into a demon-pretzel*
I just dropped a Tactical Nuke on a Blood Ape.
Eagle Scout since 9/18/2007
Funny Hat + Funny Accent
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Ninian » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:38 am

The fact the girl in the caption was the Trickster Online bunny, whom is a perennial favorite for me for making avatars, it was especially sad. However, it was good too.

I'm probably the one who asked for a bunny PoV -- as I'd be on their side most likely.
Ninian
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby muffinstud » Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:23 pm

This is filler. Do not pay attention to this post yet. You see this only because the internet hates my whole wheat guts.

Captions coming soon. Promise.

In answer to your question, Kisai: Yes. Every night I send ninja krullers to your house and they suck information from your head like so much jelly filling. Or cream filling, whichever you think is in your head. Either way, I still know everything in every way. *insert evil laugh here*

And no, the "Experiment" caption has nothing to do with Project Neko. It's completely standalone and I do intend to flesh it out. In fact, I even found a good picture for it, but I'd like to see if I can get some help first.

Does anyone know how you could possibly change hair color in an anime pic? If not, it's okay. It's close to what I want, but if you help me change the color of this hair, then I will send you a lifetime supply of Raisinettes to you(note: may actually be rabbit droppings).

Oh, and another caption.

I tried to be silly. I really did.
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

PreviousNext

Return to Caption Images