Muffinstud tries the caption thing out

When a picture inspires the mind and a story forms within.

Moderator: Raleigh

Muffinstud tries the caption thing out

Postby muffinstud » Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:38 pm

The first thing Gary saw when he opened his eyes was this beautiful creature.
"Gah!" was all he could blurt as he tried to get some personal space betweeen him and the mysterious hot chick.
"Sorry to startle you, but I guess I do look a little different. I don't look ugly, do I?" The girl just would not stop looking into Gary's eyes.
"N-no! Y-you're very p-pretty!" blurted Gary again. Great. Real smooth, Gary. he thought.
The girl blushed and hugged the covers up to herself. "Thanks, I was hoping you would like it. I didn't even think it would work."
By now Gary was still just as confused, but had a little more of his common sense back. "'It'? What's 'It'? And who are you and why are you in my bed? Where'd Ronald go? Ronald! Get over here, dude!" Gary sat up in the bed and looked around for Ronald, who had spent the night in Gary's apartment last night.
"Silly," the girl cooed, "I AM Ronald!"
Gary wasn't confused any more. His brain was broken. "Wha..."
"Why do you think I asked you if I could sleep over when I have a perfectly good room at my parent's house? Truth is..." she blushed again, "I've always felt really good about myself when you are around, I always felt safer, more comfortable. A couple days ago I realized that I...like you." Her blush got even redder. "And not the 'just friends' kind of like. But I know you only like girls that way, so I stole a whole bottle of those nanite pills at the hospital. You know, the ones that help patients recover from burns and lost limbs? I didn't know it would work this quick though." With that she looked down at the contours she was making the covers take. "Or this well..."
Gary still couldn't believe what was going on. Ronald...a girl? Guess he couldn't call her Ronald any more. "Um, not that I don't mind seeing you like this, but do you have any clothes that you could put on?"
"Hmm, not really, didn't think that far ahead. But hey! Getting me some clothes could be our first real date!"
"Okay, but I'll only go out with you on one condition."
Ronald looked worried "What's that?"
"I get to call you Renna. Ronald just isn't cute enough for you."
Renna smiled. Gary smiled back. Life was good.

(okay, first real caption ever. more like a story, but hey. be as constructive or destructive as you please. also, if you feel you have a caption for the pic too, feel free to add it on.)
Last edited by muffinstud on Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Stellar » Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:57 pm

XD Lovable.

*Stamps her seal of approval*
~Wearing Vintage Misery~
Stellar
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:36 pm

Nothing wrong with it being more like a story. Many of my own captions are like that. XD

I think you did well, young grasshopper. You may just have inspired me to make some captions myself... Since it has been a while. ^_^;
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Chibi MitchellTF » Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:17 pm

You have made a caption that inspired Nikkou, and you have made a caption that feels like a story. You are a great one, muffinstud.
Chibi MitchellTF
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Mistress Guendolen » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:48 pm

Yes, you did well. Not only was it like a story, but you didn't fall into the usual stereotype situations a lot of captioneers do in their early days. You also paid better attention to the structural side of writing; always nice to see one with everything basically spelled right and the punctuation given more than lackadaisical regard and so forth. Keep up the good work, and come play on the rest of the forum with us!
Adding to the magical kitten girl army...one huggle at a time mraa
Mistress Guendolen
Senpai
Senpai

Location: My own mental universe of animated otherworldly fantasy

again!

Postby muffinstud » Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:14 am

"AAH! I thought those caption people always remembered the underwear!"

Why did the lifeguard throw the lifesaver at me? Can't he see that I can't drown in this? And why do I think he looks nice all of a sudden?

(You can tell I'm lazy and don't have a photobucket account. Deal with it.)
image1
image2
Last edited by muffinstud on Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Funny Hat + Funny Accent » Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:35 am

That may be true, but your captions here are excellent and hilarious.
Bore: Ah, comrade Yozis! I have been meaning to have bear wrestling match with you! Let me show you what your rear end looks like! *turns them into a demon-pretzel*
I just dropped a Tactical Nuke on a Blood Ape.
Eagle Scout since 9/18/2007
Funny Hat + Funny Accent
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Mistress Guendolen » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:28 am

Yes, the "underwear" one made me chuckle. Nicely tongue-in-cheek, that. ;)
Mistress Guendolen
Senpai
Senpai

It never ends!

Postby muffinstud » Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:42 pm

Mark was just happy to be going on a date with Misty. He'd been trying to ask her out for what, 5 years? His friends said he was an obsessed loser, but he didn't care. From her cute blue hair and the way her glasses framed her face, he couldn't help but think she was the cutest girl in school. And now he was finally taking a walk with her through the woods, like a couple even! If he could just keep things from getting weird, she might even be his girlfriend soon!

The forest was quiet. So quiet it was creepy. Mark started to get uncomfortable, and mentioned going back for some hot chocolate, but Misty wanted to go on.

"There's a little grove just up ahead that I really want to show you, Mark. Just a little bit further. Please?" She looked up at him with pleading eyes. There was nothing he could do. They reached the grove soon enough, and even though there wasn't anything really interesting about the grove itself, Mark felt really warm and comfortable, like taking a warm bath without the water. While he was soaking in the warmth, Misty started chuckling. She didn't stop for about a minute, and it started to bug Mark.

"What is it Misty? What's so funny?" Mark thought his voice sounded a little funny.

"Oh nothing, Marcy. Just enjoy the view!" With that, Misty cracked up.

Marcy? Who is Marcy? And why did the warm feeling stop? Mark enjoyed the grove a little longer before he noticed.

Things got weird.

"Hey Jimbo! Lookit the fireworks I found! They don't go boom, but they got some serious kick! Jimbo? What-choo starin at, Jimbo?"

(Insert evil laugh here)
image1
image2
Last edited by muffinstud on Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Stellar » Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:52 pm

Seeing new captions makes me want to caption as well @_@ Arg I can't though! The pain.... The pain~~!

Is this your first time captioning? Cause you're doing a great job.
~Wearing Vintage Misery~
Stellar
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Mistress Guendolen » Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:00 pm

You could always make some and save them up for when you have home internet access again, Stellar.... Though I have to concur that this newcomer is doing well. I liked the last line of the first one. ;)
Mistress Guendolen
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Stellar » Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:04 pm

How could I make some up when I need the internet to gather images >.> I've tried writing captions and matching them to images but the only one that worked that way was my Matrix Online one, and the girl in that image doesn't even look like my avatar in MxO

Sorry to derail >.> keep up the good work muffin-chan
~Wearing Vintage Misery~
Stellar
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Kyrex » Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:29 pm

I hve to say, that's some nice work there.. My only gripe is that you hotlinked all the images.
The captions are all fine, but direct linking from the website eats their bandwidth. For the sake of those sites please host the images on your own photobucket. Also, a couple of those sites (like advanced anime) only have images up for so long. Your caption images could be gone tomorrow.
Kyrex
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Miyukicl » Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:03 pm

^^ nice captions ^^!!!!
Miyukicl
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

a bucket of photos

Postby muffinstud » Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:47 am

For our beloved dial-up friends!! All the caps I have done so far, all in one convenient photobucket account. (I had actually considered setting them up this way for other reasons, but a good one was brought to light)

wakeup
undies
sparklers
lifesaver
grove
birdie

And now I officially hate MS Paint, but I can make it do what I want, so TAKE THAT BILL GATES! Showed him.

And just to make this post acutally worth something, here a a few more for you to stare at!

birdie2
blossom
whitemagic

Enjoy!
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Next

Return to Caption Images