Muffinstud tries the caption thing out

When a picture inspires the mind and a story forms within.

Moderator: Raleigh

Postby MarioDS01 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:15 pm

I really loved all of them! Personally I think the one with the couple kissing each other and the girl wanting to be a guy again in 2 days, makes me really, really, really SAD... Personally I rather her stay as a female forever since they are devoloping a much better relationship then just being friends. But if I am lucky, maybe she will not take the cure and stay that way. I can imagine that as my happy outcome or you can create that ending to that caption.

I like the MSF surviful guide, it was soooo funny! I hope to see more good TG captions from you and more couple ones!
MarioDS01
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Impy » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:57 pm

I found #29 55 and 72 both funny and usefull.

The romanitics still made me barf though.
Impy
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Mendi-chan » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:01 pm

Yo, I rarely do reviews on captions since I don't do them myself. But I have to mention that I found the MSF survival guide very funny. It was enjoyable, and good for a laugh. Plus, some of the tips are applicable to many awkward situations in the Muffin Room. ^^

Great job on all the captions, but especially 'The Guide'. Keep em' comin'. XD
Husband to Mid Boss
Mendi-chan
MSF's Little Sister
MSF's Little Sister

Postby Musashi » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:45 pm

Survival guide = lawlz. XD

But don't forget the ostriches! Proper ostrich care is very important at MSF! Why does no one believe me?! ;_;
Item 1: ShounenAi Badger Badge
2: God of Bishounenkind Badge
3: FtM Badge

"Yer so funny in a harmlessly psychotic way ;-p" - Coru-moose

"You're like a ninja ferret on crack." - Zack

Dubbed "Moon Master" by Kata
Musashi
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Rowan » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:44 am

Those were great!

I loved the Friends one and the Lunch one. The two days caption was kinda sad.

The Guide was amazing, I liked the Winds of Change one the ebst out of those.
Rowan
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Stellar » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:26 am

*Stellar loves the Muffin one* @.@
~Wearing Vintage Misery~
Stellar
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby MarioDS01 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:19 am

Rowan wrote:Those were great!

I loved the Friends one and the Lunch one. The two days caption was kinda sad.

The Guide was amazing, I liked the Winds of Change one the ebst out of those.

Hey! I am glad that you agree with me the 2 days caption is sad. I personally want her to stay a girl with her friend since they kissed and like it. I don't see any reason for her to want to go back being a guy. I WANT her to stay as a GIRL. I hope the captioner understands this...
MarioDS01
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Rowan » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:47 am

*Smacks Mario upside the head*

I can see why he'd want to change back to normal. It sounds like you're demanding MuffinStud change things around to suit your desires and I don't really care for that. It is his art.
Rowan
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Stellar » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:49 am

*Stellar thanks Rowan so she didn't have to make the "Arg Mario!" reply*
~Wearing Vintage Misery~
Stellar
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby MarioDS01 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:04 am

Rowan: Well I know I can't make the captioner change the outcome, but you did not need to smack my head... *Cries*

Steller: Please don't get any ideas of hating my comment. Besides, I'll try to keep them to myself from now on.
MarioDS01
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby muffinstud » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:24 pm

I think I should explain myself on the "Closet/two days" caption.

I am the first to admit that I like romance. I am a hopeless romantic. However, real life gets in the way of the wonderful idea of romance many times. Childhood romances often sour, marriages dissolve, and what many people think is love often turns out to simply be lust. These are the reasons why love, and true romance, are as precious as they are.

The feelings in the caption are those of lust. Though intense, it is a temporary and fickle emotion. Note also that the girl says "I still like girls." There were no mental changes wrought whatsoever, through the change itself or through conscious decision. Like kids in high school are wont to, hormones and pheremones tug them in the strangest directions.

In short, this caption is not about love, but rather lust and curiosity. Eventually, both parties will find love and be truly happy, it's just that this isn't quite that pivotal moment of their lives. Would I like to see some kind of thing where people get together? Very much so. Is this caption it? Very much no. But don't worry, there will be others that have much more rewarding conclusions to them.

Falafel. (Dang it! I was so close to having a completely serious post!)
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Katty » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:27 pm

Well, the romantic one, They were not the only ones to lose their lunch. I love the tips. I gotta wait for a catgirl one though. Then I'll ignore it and do what it says not to do. =^-^=
Beware the magic pencil!
Katty
MSFer
MSFer

Location: My own universe where my pencil is the supreme power!

Postby MarioDS01 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:39 pm

muffinstud wrote:I think I should explain myself on the "Closet/two days" caption.

I am the first to admit that I like romance. I am a hopeless romantic. However, real life gets in the way of the wonderful idea of romance many times. Childhood romances often sour, marriages dissolve, and what many people think is love often turns out to simply be lust. These are the reasons why love, and true romance, are as precious as they are.

The feelings in the caption are those of lust. Though intense, it is a temporary and fickle emotion. Note also that the girl says "I still like girls." There were no mental changes wrought whatsoever, through the change itself or through conscious decision. Like kids in high school are wont to, hormones and pheremones tug them in the strangest directions.

In short, this caption is not about love, but rather lust and curiosity. Eventually, both parties will find love and be truly happy, it's just that this isn't quite that pivotal moment of their lives. Would I like to see some kind of thing where people get together? Very much so. Is this caption it? Very much no. But don't worry, there will be others that have much more rewarding conclusions to them.

Falafel. (Dang it! I was so close to having a completely serious post!)

I think I understand now Muffinstud what you are getting at with the Closet/2 Day caption, it more of lust and curiousty then love. But still, it is pretty sad... But heck, that will not stop me from imaging a happy ending to this nor make a short sequel ending to this(If you don't mind). That is if I have enough interest in doing so.

And just to let you know Muffinstud I really LOVE TG Romance captions ALOT. That is why I made a ton of those myself! I wish you made more with all the Couple images I have and other Images in my Photobucket account. I hope you will not be afriad of doing anymore, I think most of us love TG captions with romance, personally I think they are the BEST kind of TG captions to see and I don't get to see very many of thoses from other TG captions and I am the only one that makes them more common.

So I hope in the near future I see more good Romance TG captions from you Muffinstud!
MarioDS01
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby muffinstud » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:57 pm

@Mario: Imagine away. I always felt that captions are more like a catalyst for a story rather than a story in and of themselves.

Belgian Waffle!
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby muffinstud » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:30 pm

Well, everyone else is doing it, so...

The Face of Evil

The New Hire

The Magical Talking Crab of Magic Type Stuff 3

...and that's my contribution to the caption contest.
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

PreviousNext

Return to Caption Images