Images Vezera gave stories they were never meant to have.

When a picture inspires the mind and a story forms within.

Moderator: Raleigh

Images Vezera gave stories they were never meant to have.

Postby Vezera » Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:23 am

At last, they are here. As I'm new at this, please let me know if any of them are inappropriate due to being too suggestive, serious, or linguistically offensive to Britons. If anyone ever cares to graphically touch up the caption area, feel free to for I cannot, stuck only with MSPaint as I am. So, without further ado:

Classmates: I originally had another idea for this, but it struck me as being predictable and frequently done. Shortly afterwards, this came to mind.

Classmates Altered: This is essentialy the original idea. What can I say? I couldn't resist making it after all.

Local Delicacy: I think I actually had a comment in mind for this one at one point. Shame I can't remember it.

Different Life: Yes, I mean felt, not heard.

I'm not really sure why the size of the punctuation marks came out the way it did. I'll try to fix it in the future.
Last edited by Vezera on Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vezera
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Katty » Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:36 am

Hi there. I'll be the first to say the generic reply. Ahem

"Wow they were good for your first try. And if you have doubt, then tell yourself, they will get even better the more you write them. Keep up the good work."

Now for my own added comments. The pic in the first 2 were a bit risky in my eyes. Just the way you wrote them may turn some heads. But I am not a mod or anything so this is just one Katty's option. I really like the third one. Wish i could get some of that ice cream, but oh well.

Like I said before, keep up the good work. You are off to a good start. =^-^=
Beware the magic pencil!
Katty
MSFer
MSFer

Location: My own universe where my pencil is the supreme power!

Postby Christina Anikari » Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:19 pm

I would say that while it is true that it is suggestive with the first two, it definitely isn't something that goes beyond my understanding of PG-13. I mean it is not like they actually do more than indicate that they are about to do something that would go beyond PG-13 if depicted. Whether you personally like them is a choice you have yourself, but they should not violate any rules.

And for the topic that matters here. Those are indeed quite good. Of course they not going to win any Nobel prizes, but i doubt a caption ever will, as a genre it holds many restrictions. I especially liked the first two...guess it is my somewhat dirty mind affecting my judgement.
Christina Anikari
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Mistress Guendolen » Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:07 pm

Hey, I must have a slightly dirty mind as well, because I also liked the first two the best. Those are areas people here tend not to explore, so it's refreshing to see someone do so. And you did it with good taste and what not, as well. Just keep working at it and you ought to do pretty good. :)
Adding to the magical kitten girl army...one huggle at a time mraa
Mistress Guendolen
Senpai
Senpai

Location: My own mental universe of animated otherworldly fantasy

Postby Stellar » Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:52 pm

The Stellar one demands more captions from your head! That or a few seeds of that cursed herb >.>
~Wearing Vintage Misery~
Stellar
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Beyond » Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:42 pm

Please make more.
Randomness: Because coherency is overrated.
Beyond
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Re: Images Vezera gave stories they were never meant to have

Postby jimmyinwhite » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:09 pm

Vezera wrote:At last, they are here. As I'm new at this, please let me know if any of them are inappropriate due to being too suggestive, serious, or linguistically offensive to Britons. If anyone ever cares to graphically touch up the caption area, feel free to for I cannot, stuck only with MSPaint as I am. So, without further ado:

Classmates: I originally had another idea for this, but it struck me as being predictable and frequently done. Shortly afterwards, this came to mind.

Classmates Altered: This is essentialy the original idea. What can I say? I couldn't resist making it after all.

Local Delicacy: I think I actually had a comment in mind for this one at one point. Shame I can't remember it.

Different Life: Yes, I mean felt, not heard.

I'm not really sure why the size of the punctuation marks came out the way it did. I'll try to fix it in the future.

where I have to go to try that delicacy? It sounds like it might be yummy. :roll: :roll:
i walk in the land of dreams looking for the truth
test to find out who you are!
jimmyinwhite
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Chibi MitchellTF » Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:18 am

The first two are NICE, and all of these have a quality that put them far above average. I especially like the presentation of the two Classmates, since they add an interesting angle to a relatively common idea. (#1, that it is preemptive, #2, the lesbian.)
Chibi MitchellTF
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Lucky » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:11 pm

I personly liked the "Local Delicacy" one the most.
Lucky
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Vezera » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:28 pm

Gah. My apologies for being away for so long. I was quite suddenly separated from my computing systems. Now that we are once again rejoined I am working on more captions which should be up soon. To reply to your comments, though:

Katty, if I had access to the ice cream, I would sell it at a reasonable price around the world. (I would have to make money to pay for distribution!)

Christina Anikari and Guendolen, most everyone's is at least a little, which is part of what makes suggestion so fun.

Stellar, seed distribution would follow the same pattern as ice cream distribution if I somehow got my hands on the stuff. Also, I'm working on it. Honest!

Jimmyinwhite, to some alternate dimension, I suppose. If you ever find a way to visit, take me with! Visiting alternate dimensions is too much for my curiosity to shy away from. Also, my current business model requires those seeds!

Chibi, I do try. :P

Lucky, I imagined favorites would spread across the board, since the stories told are of rather different styles. That's something I will try to do in all future batches.

Coming next batch, FtM captions! While I generally prefer MtF, I cannot control the stories that come to my mind.
Vezera
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:37 pm

Vezera wrote:Coming next batch, FtM captions! While I generally prefer MtF, I cannot control the stories that come to my mind.

That's good to hear. I like approaching from the story angle myself, which allows me to make FtM captions more easily. Variety is the spice of life, I always say. :3
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Katty » Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:45 pm

Ok. Time to admit: I forot all about you. ^-^; I just re red your post and now I remember that you had some good caps. I still stick to what I said about 2 months ago, but now I can add this:

"Can't wait for the next set of captions. Will there be a catgirl one in it? As anyone on this site will tell you, I love catgirls!"

Hope to see you sooner than last time now, as is, hope you no longer have comp troubles. =^-^=
Beware the magic pencil!
Katty
MSFer
MSFer

Location: My own universe where my pencil is the supreme power!

Re: Images Vezera gave stories they were never meant to have.

Postby Vezera 2.0 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:19 pm

*looks around*
Hello? Right. *ahem* So, two years? Really? You know, I remember looking back from time to time and at first I was surprised so much time had passed. Now I'm surprised to find it hasn't been longer. I never really meant for it to go beyond a week or so. I just...never really got around to doing them, but I kept adding to the folder full of images I planned to work on. So, now, today almost on a whim, I wrote this one, which is pretty ludicrous when you think about it. I was always a fan of shorter captions myself. After all, can you really call something that goes on as long as this does a caption? After a certain point it becomes a short work with an illustration attached, but there you go. I was never very good at being concise anyway.

Breakfast: For the record, the emphasis on the "man" in manages is not a reference to gender. It's a reference to the word's etymological roots.

"But what's this? You've been gone for so long and you only wrote one?" Well...yes. It's a rather long one, you see, and I didn't even finish proof-reading it, so I hope there're no glaring errors. In the end, I really just wanted to put it up, it having been so long, and I didn't want to risk waiting for fear it'd never go up at all. So does this mean I'm back? Well, I do have that folder of images I have been planning to work on for some time, so let's hope I don't putt it off for another two years. I would really be annoyed with myself if that happened.

Two notes. Yes, I realize there isn't an actual change happening here. While the change can be interesting, in this case, the image spoke to me of an aftermath, and the change in question wasn't anywhere near as interesting. Second, I'm doing this as a guest because I've tried retrieving my password twice and have had no luck. I'm guessing, with all the time that's passed and all the crazy moving MSF has been doing, my account is all wonky. I'll probably get around to re-registering someday. Possibly. Hopefully.

I do hope I won't wake up tomorrow and think this is absolute crap when I read it again.
Vezera 2.0

Postby Sophia Anieri » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:28 pm

Very nice one! I'm glad the surprise ending was as I expected. ;)
Tell me, for what price would you give up hope?
Would you follow the will o' the wisp of the brightest morning star?
How far?
Sophia Anieri
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Rowan » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:51 pm

Hehehe, okay, I went to the start and read all of your captions. They were great ^_^
I [i]loved{/i} the most recent one, but the formatting was a pain. You would've been better off just making it a verticle scroll instead of a back and forth.
"Just because you're a brain dead ditzy cutesy violet girl, and generally non-dangerous, doesn't mean you can't be effective."

"Resistance is futi....fut....futi....umm....what's the word? Nevermind! Just eat the Tomapple!"
Rowan
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Next

Return to Caption Images