Vivid .jpegs from a Stellar mind

When a picture inspires the mind and a story forms within.

Moderator: Raleigh

Postby Stellar » Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:12 pm

Actually that really doesn't look anything like AprilMay XD I can draw her myself if I wanted to do anything special with this. I just liked this picture because it's out of the ordinary, and working it into a caption requires a place where physics don't exsist.

And people who are ... so into the matrix... It's almost like a religion for them. Anything that's too abnormal or out of context upsets them *cough*radicalchristians*cough* And someone being plugged into the matrix and given the wrong body by mechanical error doesn't seem like a possibility to them. I had an explanation for those nay sayers, but they didn't like that either since it involved AprilMay genetically being a hermaphodite XD but her y chromosome was suppose to be quite dormant.
~Wearing Vintage Misery~
Stellar
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Mistress Guendolen » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:09 pm

It seems you'll get people like that with almost anything that garners a devoted fandom. Mind you, the Matrix stuff is heavily philosphical, but to my mind that ought to breed flexibility and interpretation rather than rigidity.... Bah. Such a shame their mental blinders stopped you from having a good time.
Adding to the magical kitten girl army...one huggle at a time mraa
Mistress Guendolen
Senpai
Senpai

Location: My own mental universe of animated otherworldly fantasy

Postby Christina Anikari » Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:40 pm

That was pretty damn impressive Stellar. And those naysayers really took the Matrix too seriously. It isn't even as if the series is as deep as it feigns, it is just another series of the kind that tries to earn money on getting high school students to feel brilliant for getting it.
Christina Anikari
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:02 pm

I thought that it was alright, though how it flowed in some places made it feel like a bumpy road. Kind of like as if there were words missing in many places.

As for the idea itself... Using Matrix guidelines, I can show how that possibility in the actual Matrix universe isn't possible, using a very basic idea in the Matrix universe itself. At the same time, I can also show that it is possible using that same basic idea. It's so awesomely flexible yet still canon (I think; it's not like I'm even interested in the Matrix O.o; ). Otherwise, I have no problem with your caption at all. It's fiction, after all; it's a good medium to explore new/different ideas than sticking with the old.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Chibi MitchellTF » Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:16 pm

Ironic, that something about choosing your own path, and finding what you believe, without trusting blindly in something...

Creates people who trust blindly in their own beliefs.

If I was you, I'd simply respond IC...That it was impossible, according to everything everyone's ever told you, but it happened. Just like the world being fake.

(OOC, it could have been caused by a change-over and reprogamming attempt, especially since Smith messed some stuff up BIG TIME.)

That kind of thing would almost drive April May to the Merivingion...
Chibi MitchellTF
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Stellar » Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:56 pm

XD Actually Mitchell there was a small period where I was part of the Mero organization. But I came back to Zion because the Machines and Mero's are heartless when it comes down to it. They do thing's because it needs to be done, not taking into account emotions, even though there are exiles who exhibit plenty of emotions (the Machines on the other hand.. not so much) but it just doesn't make a difference. It was actually Crash who told me to try other organizations to make sure I was where I wanted to be in the game. Twards the last month of my playing I decided I'd rather not be associated with any of the groups and just follow Neo and the Oracle's idea's of 'getting to the future together' by helping anyone who needed it keeping my healing and buffing skills loaded constantly.

And yes Nekkid. After chopping the story down I didn't really take the time to make it flow better. Most likely because I want readers to either know there should be more, or to try to smooth it out in their mind with their own additions =)
~Wearing Vintage Misery~
Stellar
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Stellar » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:33 am

IT'S BEEN TOO LONG!!!

here we go. My first one back is ultra long, and the only tf in it is insignificant. What's wrong with me? it's not even a gender change! XD

The guy who likes magic too much (It was very fullfilling to write though. A whole 2 1/2 hours on this you better like it! >0)

And for everyone's tf fix I proudly present~

Never warned!
~Wearing Vintage Misery~
Stellar
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Katty » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:28 am

Wow. that first one was long, but a neat story none the less. The second one has some evil parents. Wonder what her sibling looks like. =^-^=
Beware the magic pencil!
Katty
MSFer
MSFer

Location: My own universe where my pencil is the supreme power!

Postby Kumi-chan » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:46 am

So good. A very cute story. *wipes her tears away* I hope they do find each other again.
Kumi-chan
Spaminator
Spaminator

Postby MarioDS01 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:14 am

Stellar wrote:IT'S BEEN TOO LONG!!!

here we go. My first one back is ultra long, and the only tf in it is insignificant. What's wrong with me? it's not even a gender change! XD

The guy who likes magic too much (It was very fullfilling to write though. A whole 2 1/2 hours on this you better like it! >0)

And for everyone's tf fix I proudly present~

Never warned!

I really liked the first caption even without TGing being involved. Although the end seems kind of sad. I hope you continue the story, maybe. I don't want Aaron lose his friend. The 2nd on is pretty ok, a little confused what is going on, but I do amit, those parents are kind of evil.

And yes I did look at your message about my captions. And yes I know, they are pretty much mostly love stories and lovey dovey as well. But that is my own style of what I like to write about for TG captions. And sorry I did not get permission to use your captions to inspired me to make a sequel for them, forgive me. I will try to take your suggestions the best I can, but as you said, the more I write, the better I will get at it.

Well as I said, continue the first caption and hope to see more good ones from you!
MarioDS01
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Mistress Guendolen » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:21 pm

Wow, that first one was a full short story! But I really liked it. Some here may consider this statement borderline blasphemy, but it's nice to see a caption involving a transformation other than TG for a change. And the ending was sad, but the twist worked.
Adding to the magical kitten girl army...one huggle at a time mraa
Mistress Guendolen
Senpai
Senpai

Location: My own mental universe of animated otherworldly fantasy

Postby muffinstud » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:35 pm

"Never warned" has two great things going for it. 1. funny picture. 2. funny caption. Put those two together, and a wonderful caption is born.

I'm gonna hafta agree with Mario on the other one. Not just for a happy ending, but the ending seemed kinda abrupt to me. Maybe I was just expecting more? Oh well.
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby MarioDS01 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:15 pm

muffinstud wrote:"Never warned" has two great things going for it. 1. funny picture. 2. funny caption. Put those two together, and a wonderful caption is born.

I'm gonna hafta agree with Mario on the other one. Not just for a happy ending, but the ending seemed kinda abrupt to me. Maybe I was just expecting more? Oh well.

I agree on your other statement muffinstud of the ending of the first one. I do agree not only that it seemed to be a sad ending, but the story seems to be a little too incomplete to me as well. That is why, I think it should be continued. And if it is indeed continued, I hope that there is a happy ending to the whole story. I don't want to see those 2 apart just because of some stupid rule of summoning. Besides the pixie turned human started to like the man because he is nice, maybe boring to her, but very nice. But as the old saying go when something seems to be lost, "When there is a will, there is a Way!"

I just hope steller considers to continue the story and have a happy ending to it. And thanks for understand me muffinstud how I feel about the story. The thing is, I hate to see a unhappy/sad ending to a story for no reason at all.
MarioDS01
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby MarioDS01 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:19 pm

Kumi-Chan wrote:

So good. A very cute story. *wipes her tears away* I hope they do find each other again.

I do too Kumi-chan that those 2 in the first caption do find each other. That is why I am asking steller to continue the story. The thing is not only it is too sad of an ending(I really do HATE sad endings), but the story is kind of incomplete in my opinion and there is something going on like someone wants to seperate Aaron and the pixie turned human. Just hope there is a quick way to have them together again. I just hope Steller has enough heart to continue the story and not leave it there as a sad ending.
MarioDS01
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby MarioDS01 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:24 pm

Guendolen wrote:Wow, that first one was a full short story! But I really liked it. Some here may consider this statement borderline blasphemy, but it's nice to see a caption involving a transformation other than TG for a change. And the ending was sad, but the twist worked.

Yeah I do agree Guendolen that I like the first caption, until the ending.

Personally that ending is waaaaay too sad for me to take at all. But I am a little surprised that you are willing to take the twist when me and 2 others are the exact oposite of thinking that way and want to story to continue. But I know I can't force you one way or another, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I personally do really want to see the story to continue myself and hopefully there will be a happy ending to it if Steller has a big enough heart to do it to turn a sad situation to eventually a happy one.
MarioDS01
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to Caption Images