I'm gonna give this a shot...

When a picture inspires the mind and a story forms within.

Moderator: Raleigh

I'm gonna give this a shot...

Postby neochikara » Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:29 am

Hello everyone! I've been browsing these forums for months, reading and viewing everyone's great works. It's all very impressive and I must say that I've been inspired to do some real public work in this field of fiction. I'm no newbie to the TG niche, but I haven't tried captioning images for this sort of content before. So, I'm putting myself out on a limb here and giving this a shot.

Now, one of the four I'm posting I do have a bit of concern about because of content, but after some personal thought, I figure that, due to the typical saturation of sexuality in today's society, it shouldn't be too bad. Now, if a Moderator has a problem, please let me know and I'll be more than happy to oblige and get rid of it pronto. I do want to keep the friendly, all-age enviroment going around here (yes, I did read the rules--recently!).

Anyway, without further adue, here's my first contributions to this cyber-establishment and a big hello to you people.

(I never intended to save the captions as JPG files, but due to constraints on Photobucket's side, I'm forced to do so. I would've preferred PNG.)

This would sure beat 'Vista.

Magical leggings...?

It's poisoned!

Temptation strikes!

I encourage creative critique and comments. Thanks for viewing my captions, I'll have more when more inspiration hits me (either that or a car).

::edit::

URLs fixed.
Last edited by neochikara on Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
neochikara
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Grey-Bara » Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:59 am

2-4 are good but 1 is something awful
The world is in need of more Mothers who know how to do the job.
Grey-Bara
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby neochikara » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:09 am

Grey-Bara wrote:2-4 are good but 1 is something awful

Mmm, right. Thank you for the comment. I'll keep that in-mind and strive to do much better next time!
neochikara
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Kumi-chan » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:34 am

They are all pretty good but the first one does seem a bit lacking.
Kumi-chan
Spaminator
Spaminator

Postby Jeanette » Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:42 am

Same thing everyone else has said so far...but the first one isn't that bad..it shows that windows can be awsome :P
Jeanette
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:04 pm

The first one makes me think of the lengths Microsoft would go to to make their OS seem better/more appealing than it is. XD;;

They were good, overall. And I think (as a mod) that the content, while suggestive, is fine. But don't take my word for it... I could be framing you! :P
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Hira Kanaki » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:18 pm

The first one was decent though the others were good, at least that's how I thought it was.
Hira Kanaki
Total Nutcase
Total Nutcase

Postby neochikara » Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:40 pm

Thanks for all the positive comments! Yeah, I did end up feeling that my first one was a bit weak. My initial idea for it was pretty neat, but I don't think I used the right words. I did intend for it to be short and sweet, but meh... Can't win them all, right?

I plan to do more when I find another good source of captionable pictures (already drew from Shuffle! and it's semi-sequel, Tick-Tack!). Look forward to those.
neochikara
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Sierra_Rune » Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:50 pm

If you're looking for more captionable pictures, this thread could be usefull to you.
Make a habit of imprisoning Fascists without trial, and perhaps the process won’t stop at Fascists." - George Orwell, The Freedom of the Press
Sierra_Rune
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Hira Kanaki » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:06 pm

Or sometimes you can use picture references to RP's...I know I've done that.
Hira Kanaki
Total Nutcase
Total Nutcase

Postby Ninian » Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:54 am

Hmm... I'm caught between the weirdness of seeing pictures from an anime you know of that involves Mazoku (Shuffle!) and the awesomeness of second person captioneering o_o
Ninian
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Marcman2020 » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:31 pm

4th one is my personal fav >.> but yeah, 1 is lacking
N/A
Marcman2020
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby neochikara » Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:54 am

Oh man... What a wait, sorry. I've been collecting pictures here and there, planning and scheming to caption them, but I haven't had a whole lot of time till now to actually do them. Meh, two less story ideas swirling around in my head, and two more captions for you to view. Plus, I used Photoshop this time, so the quality is much better, but still reduced a little due to Photobucket's constraints.

Anyway, here they are:

Caution: Falling Objects.

A Second Development

Once again, I think I may be pushing the rules a bit with the second one, but it shouldn't be that bad. I'm probably just worrying too much again. But really, my biggest complaint is that I feel like these captions (especially the second one) require like a short story or something to feel "complete". They're okay like this, but they call out for a little back story, or something. I guess you could call that a side-effect of being an author.

Speaking of which, I'm thinking about submitting my novel here. It is TG, and always has been, but I've never gotten around to it. Maybe I will some time soon.

Anyway, thanks for your comments so far! I look forward to reading some new ones and getting some suggestions and such. Yep, till then, folks.
neochikara
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Mistress Guendolen » Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:55 pm

I like both of them. You tell a good narrative. And the falling objects notion was just plain fun. :) Why don't you write full stories for at least one of them? A good tale is always nice to have around.
Mistress Guendolen
Senpai
Senpai

Location: My own mental universe of animated otherworldly fantasy

Postby Chibi MitchellTF » Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:36 pm

I'd second good stories!
Chibi MitchellTF
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Next

Return to Caption Images