The place for captions from Garath!

When a picture inspires the mind and a story forms within.

Moderator: Raleigh

Postby Musashi » Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:27 pm

I tend to agree with your view, Garath. *Fluffles* If someone is happy as they are, they ought to be left alone.

I really liked that Donut caption, BTW. XD *HUGS* Was nice to see one like that. :3
Item 1: ShounenAi Badger Badge
2: God of Bishounenkind Badge
3: FtM Badge

"Yer so funny in a harmlessly psychotic way ;-p" - Coru-moose

"You're like a ninja ferret on crack." - Zack

Dubbed "Moon Master" by Kata
Musashi
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Ninian » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:35 pm

Wrong Akemi. You unfortantly didn't see what I was thinking when I made that caption at all.

Innerself is just that, the person's inner self. If the person is a guy but knows they are really a girl. I see that girl.

Whereas I see the potential for a girl, especially in someone like Elaine. You can call it whatever you want, it's essentially the difference between an Atman and a Soul in terminology. Whereas the "soul" is something permanent, the Atman as a concept is constantly flowing and changing. But essentially the same thing.

If a person is a girl, but is really a guy on the inside. I see that guy.

If the person is a spoiled brat who cares only for themselves I see the demon inside them.

I'm going to advise you to be careful about labeling people, it comes back to bite you especially if you act entirely on gut and turn out to be wrong about the person. That's not only embarassing to have happen, but even dangerous. This is something I had to learn the hard way more than once, and naturally is a danger that the Aeternalae learn growing up.

If the person is a guy and doesn't think he's a girl in the slightest. I DON'T SEE A GIRL INSIDE THEM. Because there ISN'T one.

Whereas I see the potential for one in various degrees. I see one as strongly as you if their potential for happiness as a girl or a guy is really strong. I see darkness and misery if the person would become a transsexual if I did something. If they don't have this "cloud" I described and wouldn't be long-term adversely affected by my forcing a change on them, I feel empowered to do it because it feels good.

Look I'm sorry. I'm sorry I have to be this way ok? But like you? Not in anyway at all. You talk of your 'codeing' saying that there are guys who would be much happier as girls. Even if they are leading happy lives as they are.

Sometimes the potential is greater for them in either life. It's essentially the difference between a transsexual in denial and one that isn't. Sometimes denial is so strong, often because a masculine ideal was beaten into the poor child's head so they wouldn't even think about being like the other sex. All sorts of ritual abuse would ensure they'd never think of themselves that way, from beatings to boot camp. Because they'd see it as a slippery slope. Like if they put too much thought into the possibility, they know what they'd become.
However, if they were never abused like that they might have grown up as a relatively sad transsexual. Either way, the person is exactly the same and is in equal need of help. And if I had the power and I was certain of this status in them, I'd help them. No one deserves to suffer, whether they're being squeaky wheels or not.

The reason I WANT this ability BADLY is because of people like Eliane who have suffered FAR MORE then they ever should have. I'd be getting a ticket to where she was in an instant to free her.

*sighs* Would you believe me if I said my visciousness towards "helping" partially stems from Elaine too? She gets first dibs from me too. I will never truly forgive her parents or her schoolmates for what they've put her through. I'd love to be able to see if any of them have "Tief Codes". However, where some people may want or benefit from a rebirth, Elaine NEEDS it and there is no rational reason to me that she should suffer.

I'm sorry Akemi. You are going to likely HATE me for this. But no I do not see your 'side'

I'm still as opposed as ever.

And you're wrong about me. I respect you more than ever. Leena has raised me to be very respectful and kind to people with strong wills or ideals. They're the people who make a difference, who have the audacity to tell the universe "NO!".

And Elaine... You feel as strongly about Elaine's plight as I do. Like it or not, I can't see you as my enemy anymore. If fighting with you means I could damage the spiritual pursuit to help her -- be it through you damaging me or vice versa -- I'm sure as hell not doing it. In fact, it's a total surprise to me seeing you're that close a friend of my friend. A pleasant one because I know between the two of us, we will eventually get something done for Elaine and an unpleasant one because it means putting off settling our score.
Ninian
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Sasha » Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:56 pm

Stop the fighting please i hate to see people fighting.
Sasha
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Funny Hat + Funny Accent » Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:47 pm

Thank you Lita! Changing the topic back to captions Awesome job Garath. My favorite was the "Innerself" caption. Keep it up, you rock!
Bore: Ah, comrade Yozis! I have been meaning to have bear wrestling match with you! Let me show you what your rear end looks like! *turns them into a demon-pretzel*
I just dropped a Tactical Nuke on a Blood Ape.
Eagle Scout since 9/18/2007
Funny Hat + Funny Accent
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Beyond » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:22 pm

this is fun to read... wait, i mean, nice captions.
Randomness: Because coherency is overrated.
Beyond
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Garath the Shadowshifter » Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:20 pm

I'm begining to wish I never MADE that caption Innerself. My simple dream turned into a nightmare by Akemi.

I'm sorry Lita, but I can't leave it there.

Beyond this is something that seriously effects me. If my pain is amusment to you I'm going to have to ask that you leave this topic.

Whereas I see the potential for a girl, especially in someone like Elaine. You can call it whatever you want, it's essentially the difference between an Atman and a Soul in terminology. Whereas the "soul" is something permanent, the Atman as a concept is constantly flowing and changing. But essentially the same thing.

Acroding to dictionary.com Atman is something eternal, unchanging. Seems you are mistaken a bit there.

I'm going to advise you to be careful about labeling people, it comes back to bite you especially if you act entirely on gut and turn out to be wrong about the person. That's not only embarassing to have happen, but even dangerous. This is something I had to learn the hard way more than once, and naturally is a danger that the Aeternalae learn growing up.

It was a simple example. People are never as simple as they appear. However I am an Empath. My 'gut' feeling of a person is usually correct thanks to that.

Whereas I see the potential for one in various degrees. I see one as strongly as you if their potential for happiness as a girl or a guy is really strong. I see darkness and misery if the person would become a transsexual if I did something. If they don't have this "cloud" I described and wouldn't be long-term adversely affected by my forcing a change on them, I feel empowered to do it because it feels good.

There is no POTENTIAL. If they aren't a girl inside, then nothing is shown. That's it. Game over. One does not have the 'potential' to be happy in something. That is something THEY decide themselves. So if they decide they won't be happy as a girl. They don't have a inner girl in them. And if they are undecided? I still see nothing untill they have decided for certian.

Sometimes the potential is greater for them in either life. It's essentially the difference between a transsexual in denial and one that isn't. Sometimes denial is so strong, often because a masculine ideal was beaten into the poor child's head so they wouldn't even think about being like the other sex. All sorts of ritual abuse would ensure they'd never think of themselves that way, from beatings to boot camp. Because they'd see it as a slippery slope. Like if they put too much thought into the possibility, they know what they'd become.
However, if they were never abused like that they might have grown up as a relatively sad transsexual. Either way, the person is exactly the same and is in equal need of help. And if I had the power and I was certain of this status in them, I'd help them. No one deserves to suffer, whether they're being squeaky wheels or not.

And yet you would bring such pain to a person anyway? If god simply came down and sloved all our problems we'd never learn anything. Don't get me wrong as an empath I feel the pain these people go through more then you may know. But simply stepping in and fixing the problem isn't going to help.

Here you have a guy who doesn't think they were suppose to be a girl, in fact it's been beaten into him that he shouldn't be a girl, and he's suddenly a girl. This will only confuse them more. Perhaps cause them to curse you, their fate, and even take their own life. And I REFUSE to re-write their mind to compensate for that. I've expressed my reasons for that many times.

We can try to point them in the right direction. But in the end it's up to them to walk the path. We can't do it for them. I know it's hard to watch them suffer. I dont' want to do that either, but making them what they are dead set against being in their mind is only going to cause trama. You need to first get them to accept what they are before healing can be done.

Eliane has accepted what she knows herself to be. She knows the path she wishes to walk, I just want to help her. I want to help her and many others very badly. Haveing to watch my friends suffer all around me tears at me.

As for you Akemi. Dont' ever say I am like you. Because that scares me. That litterly caused me to go crazy for the last two hours.

To me being like you is a fate I don't wish to have. I'm sorry. I'm rambling now, but you really dont' have any idea what you did to me with that did you? Gah I wanted to cut myself to bleed the infection out.

But as I've said. I don't have that ability. I never will. I'm just a regular human. No specail powers, no strange destiny. As much as I LONG for that I'm not going to get it. If anything I'm undeserving.

But I do have a strong spirit and will. I do have compassion for my friends.

And I used my strong will and spirit to erase any Teif coding I may have had.

Akemi I realize you may be trying to help me. But all you are doing is causing me more pain. Please stop.
This Party's Getting CRAZY! LET'S ROCK!!
Garath the Shadowshifter
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Beyond » Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:23 pm

man relax, think about it for a moment, is it REALLY necesary?
Randomness: Because coherency is overrated.
Beyond
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Garath the Shadowshifter » Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:26 pm

Now back to captions. I'm going to re-work Innerself. I can make the image better visually (save it as a jpeg and not a gif this time) and fix the spelling errors.

Hopefully I'll have a few more captions by then to. To all you have commented on them thank you.
Garath the Shadowshifter
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Ninian » Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:25 am

And so, once more, at complete odds about what the nature of mankind is and what it means to help someone... Deva and Asura once again bristle. Yin and Yang fight each other. Angel and Demon. Yet they are still two sides of the very same coin. If you don't take my word for it, ask anyone who's observed us and they'll remark how much were the same. Go on. Ask anyone who's known us both long enough. I will wait with a smirk.

It's only because I respect you and want you to come to like me -- possibly even as a kindred spirit someday -- that I'll drop this, Garath. Not a word out of me past this post. But you haven't heard the end of this. Not by a longshot.

I fully intend to see this through to a conclusion someday, if just for the immense amusement of watching you be the one to squirm for once. For you to be the one under scrutiny. Today I much enjoyed myself, and look forward to ones like it. It'll only be a matter of time before you once again champion the same cause the Aeternalae do -- it's unavoidable as long as were both idealistic -- and I'll be there to remind you of that.
Ninian
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Tomoyo-chan » Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:32 pm

I notice a few spelling mistake in the caption Innerself. "uncomen" probaibly should be uncommon.

Nice to see you back to captioning gareth ^-^.
Tomoyo wrote:Whatever your thoughts may be, if you don’t say them, none of them will be acknowledged by others.
Tomoyo-chan
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Garath the Shadowshifter » Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:49 pm

Nice to see you back to captioning gareth

Thanks but you spelled my NAME WRONG! >_< (don't worry too much about it, it happens all the time. And that's GarAth by the way. Think Gar-wrath when saying my name)
Garath the Shadowshifter
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Sierra_Rune » Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:12 pm

Garath the Shadowshifter wrote:Think Gar-wrath when saying my name)

Not hard to do, what with your usually somewhat 'wrathfull' sig images. ^^

I like your captions a lot, without many exceptions. And I like Akemi's captions a lot, without many exceptions. And I don't feel that I have to choose between either of the sets of ideas that you guys use. IE, I find the ovalisks a fascinating and fun concept, but if I met one in real life, I would likely try to kill it, though I would probably talk to it first. It's all about wether you carry those concepts into "real life" over from the Imagination. As you said, Garath, neither you or Akemi have these abilities in "real life"...So I don't see why debates between you two have to progress necessarily to actual hostility. *Shrugs* But for me, I think that ultimately if it makes you and the vast majority of those affected happy, then it's probably worth doing. That's my only real code, aside from basic morals and such.
Make a habit of imprisoning Fascists without trial, and perhaps the process won’t stop at Fascists." - George Orwell, The Freedom of the Press
Sierra_Rune
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Ninian » Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:25 pm

...So I don't see why debates between you two have to progress necessarily to actual hostility

Not on my end, I assure you. I feel not a single negative emotion towards him, as that's a waste of time and not much fun. Basically it boils down to how much he blindly hates me (no doubt because I represent something inside himself that he fears and represses), and if I say something nice to him or identify something that unites us idealistically, he goes on a rampage. Because this highly amuses me, I sometimes provoke him to do it again in the future, just to see how much he'll rant and rave. He's more or less only recently realized he's been dancing for me, or how I was manipulating him and he's stopped taking the bait.

I more or less just said I'd stop doing it if it meant possibly damaging the effort to help Elaine, however. Helping Elaine comes before antagonizing Garath -- reasons for which are noble, I assure you, but not something I feel comfortable discussing right now.
Ninian
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Garath the Shadowshifter » Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:37 pm

(no doubt because I represent something inside himself that he fears and represses),

Sorry, sorry. But I'm laughing right now.

Akemi I only have just two questions for you. How many times have you really tried to get to know me? Can you honestly say you know anything about me at all?
Garath the Shadowshifter
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Ninian » Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:40 pm

Garath, if I respond, I'm essentially breaking my word I just gave about not bothering you further in this thread. Nice try, but I have a reputation of integrity to uphold.

Your answer will be forthcoming in PM.
Ninian
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to Caption Images