The place for captions from Garath!

When a picture inspires the mind and a story forms within.

Moderator: Raleigh

Postby opus` » Sun May 01, 2005 10:21 pm

Neat stuff, Grarath ^^
opus`
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Mon May 02, 2005 1:52 pm

Yay, the goodness! XD I'm just glad to see other captions that are lengthy around here... It gets lonely. ^_^;
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Sakraida82 » Tue May 03, 2005 7:52 pm

I'd do it if I could udnerstand the whole HTML thing.
I'm a Fairy
Sakraida82
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Garath the Shadowshifter » Sat May 07, 2005 1:39 am

It's time for my next batch!

This is one I've wanted to do for a LOOONG time! It's basically a preasant for Musa. Hope he sees it...
(Note song done to: "I want to be a cowboy" By Kid Rock)
http://garathsdomian.homestead.com/files/CatboyBaby.JPG

This one has been bouncing around in my mind for a while as well.
http://garathsdomian.homestead.com/files/Whistling.JPG

Maybe he just didn't use the right Alchemy circle?
http://garathsdomian.homestead.com/files/FullMetalAlchemist.JPG

Do you take the blue pill or the red? Wait those aren't the options here...
(I admit this may cause a groan....)
http://garathsdomian.homestead.com/files/Enterthematrix.JPG

This is a rare for me. Personally I'd probably kill a creature like this if faced with it.
http://garathsdomian.homestead.com/files/Poem.JPG

Untill I can think of more!
This Party's Getting CRAZY! LET'S ROCK!!
Garath the Shadowshifter
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sat May 07, 2005 2:00 am

These newest ones were all good, but, man, I like the first one the most. XD I hope Musashi spots it soon!
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Kumi-chan » Sat May 07, 2005 10:10 am

Ohh... boy! The star the star! *giggles* Umm... any ways. Very nice work they are all very good! *smiles*
Kumi-chan
Spaminator
Spaminator

Postby Garath the Shadowshifter » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:00 am

You know I don't think Musa liked my catboy one. He never commented on it. I hope it didn't upset him...

Anyway on to why I'm posting. I have TWO NEW CAPTIONS! What only two after all this time? Yeah sadly. When I can get good story idea's out I'll post more. Hopefully it's not forever....

I just really liked this pic. I had to caption it. It's not one of my best captions though.

Garath's potions strike again!
http://garathsdomian.homestead.com/files/DONUT.JPG

This is the real reason I'm updating. Now to warn you now. I accedently saved it as a gif first so the pic is down in quality, but considering how much effort went into making it I hope it can be forgiven. If it's too horrible I may be able to fix it. As for the 'overlapping' in this pic. That's the best I'm going to be able to get it.

I SOO want this ability in real life.
http://garathsdomian.homestead.com/files/Innerself.JPG
Garath the Shadowshifter
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Kumi-chan » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:07 am

Nice ones Garath Good work.
Kumi-chan
Spaminator
Spaminator

Postby Temet nosce » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:17 am

The second one is very poignant. I was impressed.
Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est

Knowledge is power.
Temet nosce
MSFer
MSFer

Location: Impossible to know with a 100% truth value, however assuming certain things to be true...Oregon

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:35 am

Garath... The caption with James and Lucas was awesome! Man, I can even see a successful comic or anime based on it. *_*
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Ninian » Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:38 am

I SOO want this ability in real life.
http://garathsdomian.homestead.com/files/Innerself.JPG

And what if some angry young man wanted to stop you from releasing people because he hated you (or people like you) for having that ability? That'd be a pretty tough situation given that you know you're releasing people that you saw inside others, but he insists you're ruining people's lives or taking away people he cares for. I mean, from his angle, the perspective is perfectly understandable.

Kinda puts you between a rock and a hard place, because it's hard to convey to him what it feels like you're doing from your end and the temptation to "release" people around you grows by the minute (which would only validate his claim you're a threat). And only adding to the confusion is "finding out" stories about many others who came before you who have that ability who followed their human nature and used it as a weapon or way of gathering political influence in a very short time period? That makes things look all the worse, and trying to juggle all this while repressing the natural desire to help trapped souls...

Yeah, sorry, I didn't mean to turn this into a tangent. Just saying you understand me better than you could possibly admit. I'm sure at this point you too would say "You know what? Screw it. This isn't up for popular vote. I follow my nature, and I'm not letting those people wait another minute." After all, is it better for people to be content boys or outright happy girls? (whether they know it or not, because their "coding" says they can evolve in that direction) I'd tell my opposition to stay out of my way, and I'd go Super Saiyan on them if they tried to block my efforts (Which is saying something, given I don't watch DBZ).

It makes me feel a lot better that whether or not we'll still fight, you at least see my side.
Ninian
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Ninian » Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:57 am

Though I want to add that if you personally had those powers, you'd make better use of them than me. You'd only adjust people who'd be much happier and leave alone people who'd be neutral or unaffected by the change -- whereas I'd change them just because I could. You'd also try harder to help people who's shells are physical girls whereas that's still a struggle for me.

So don't worry, we can still be at odds despite this scary revelation that were both essentially the same sort of being on the idealogical level.
Ninian
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Cutey Kerina » Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:29 pm

Wow ^_^ I am impressed, delighted and wowed by your most recent work Garath (Innerself) *bows* Thank you
http://photobucket.com/albums/v340/Majorkerina/ Kashimashi here in "Zappy Manga"
"I'm begging you. Establish context before you start talking." - Kyon
Cutey Kerina
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Garath the Shadowshifter » Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:41 pm

To everything Akemi said:

Oh I am not going to enjoy this. Not one bit.

Wrong Akemi. You unfortantly didn't see what I was thinking when I made that caption at all.

Innerself is just that, the person's inner self. If the person is a guy but knows they are really a girl. I see that girl.

If a person is a girl, but is really a guy on the inside. I see that guy.

If the person is a spoiled brat who cares only for themselves I see the demon inside them.

If the person is a guy and doesn't think he's a girl in the slightest. I DON'T SEE A GIRL INSIDE THEM. Because there ISN'T one.

Look I'm sorry. I'm sorry I have to be this way ok? But like you? Not in anyway at all. You talk of your 'codeing' saying that there are guys who would be much happier as girls. Even if they are leading happy lives as they are.

There is no such thing with this ability, because their innerself would just be the same male version as they are on the outside. There is no guy who is better off a girl but just doesn't know it. Not with this ablity.

The reason I WANT this ability BADLY is because of people like Eliane who have suffered FAR MORE then they ever should have. I'd be getting a ticket to where she was in an instant to free her.

However one person on this board who is VERY dear to me gets first dibs. If I ever got these powers, she's first, no exceptions. ^_^ You know who you are. (And if I have to tell you it's not Akemi you dont' know me very well. I don't hate Akemi, but dear to me? Sorry, no)

I'm sorry Akemi. You are going to likely HATE me for this. But no I do not see your 'side'

I'm still as opposed as ever.
Garath the Shadowshifter
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Garath the Shadowshifter » Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:47 pm

*sighs* I really did hate doing that. I dont' like fighting with Akemi, but she got the wrong idea about what I was going for.

But one last thing. For the record, I don't have this ability and never will. So in the end it's a moot point.
Garath the Shadowshifter
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to Caption Images