Pegs are fun!

When a picture inspires the mind and a story forms within.

Moderator: Raleigh

Pegs are fun!

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:37 am

To all of those self-centered men out there that look down on women, I TF you! XD *Stomps glass ceiling to pieces with the help of my faithful Chinese ninja, Cei-ling* (Yeah, I'm going places. ^_^; )

Learn your place as an equal, you! Bwa-ha-ha-ha-haaaaa!
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Sakraida82 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:38 am

UHHHH!! This doesn't work with girls though. See cause if ya really wanted to do a good one, ya'd pick a picture of busboys being run through the ringer and how it was transformed girls who thought it was such an easy job. So in this case I gotta side with compared to busboys, waitresses do have it easy. OFF TO FIND BUSBOY IMAGES!!!
I'm a Fairy
Sakraida82
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:48 am

It's all relative! XD And I'm more of the mind that waitresses tend to receive condescending words and behavior from people more than busboys; and some are required to wear heels, not flats, and standing up in them most of the work hours can be a killer. Not to mention their clothing are more... Appealing? Colorful? Then again, men dress really dull in my opinion, especially when they think it makes them look good and/or professional. Ick. -_- Suits totally guzzle rotten eggs. XD

But, anyway, it's all relative! Woo! ^o^;
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Kumi-chan » Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:06 pm

One more thing you two some resturauntes don't even have busboys any more the waitresses do all the work.

As for the caption I like it a lot but two weeks seems kind of short. A month or more would be better.
Kumi-chan
Spaminator
Spaminator

Postby Sakraida82 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:49 pm

Actually let me correct that. The worst job in a resturant of all time isn't either of those. It's the poor dishwasher. The dishwasher is the one who everyone steps on. EVERYONE!! They are the lowest of the low. Even busboys have a little more respect.

And if you say that's relative, you've never worked in the resturant business.
I'm a Fairy
Sakraida82
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Kumi-chan » Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:30 pm

Sakraida82 wrote:Actually let me correct that. The worst job in a resturant of all time isn't either of those. It's the poor dishwasher. The dishwasher is the one who everyone steps on. EVERYONE!! They are the lowest of the low. Even busboys have a little more respect.

And if you say that's relative, you've never worked in the resturant business.

*sniffs* Finally someone who understands how HORRIBLE it is to be a dishwasher! It is the worst job I have ever had. *hugs Alex* You understand the pain of the dishwasher and the ex-dishwasher.
Kumi-chan
Spaminator
Spaminator

Postby Goose » Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:03 am

Having been a busboy, dishwasher, and "buffet-food-bringer-outter", I'm gonna have to side with the waitresses in saying that they have it tougher than busboys. I mean, how often do you bus a table or wash some dishes, and a customer pinches your butt? Well it happens to waitresses all the time (although... given the right girl, I don't know if I'd particularly mind ^.^;;)

However, waitresses do get paid more than busboys, so it all evens out I suppose...

Oh dear... I'm off topic. Nice caption there, Nikkou ^_^
The Art Goose
Goose
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:39 pm

Yeah, washing dishes is the pits. But some restaurants have those massive dishwashers that are a great relief. Still, standing for hours in one area, usually on a hard floor without a fluffy mat to comfort your feet (they usually have them for cashiers), is tough. And waitresses do tend to multitask sometimes, and even handle another's area of tables when the staff is short (the multitasking usually happens because of being short-handed, too). And where there're busboys, the restaurant, or club, or whatever the place is, probably has class and/or decent standards; not always, but most of the time. Waitresses have to fair the highs and the lows of good and bad business, and I shouldn't have to say what sort of environment some waitresses have to deal with (and are particularly degrading).

Anyway, why I chose waitresses, was because the image was there, the idea hit, and I used it. And it's a popular theme, so I figured it'd be easier to understand, and usually not an extreme form of degradation. I opted for two weeks, because I thought that would be decent; not too much and not too little, to glean enough understanding from the experience of being waitresses. And it all seemed to fit, already showing one of the brothers tripping, and the other embarrassed at what they were wearing.

Of course, I didn't think it'd bring up a discussion about job difficulties. ^_^; Oh, well; at least something was inspired by the caption. <.<; Oh, and I'm glad that whomever enjoyed it, did. I don't aim to displease, you know? But I'm unsure if I'm doing well or not. XD
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Sakraida82 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:40 pm

I'm sorry EMpress for starting the argument. It's just I've worked as a busboy in family resturants and snazzy ones and the way the waitresses treat the busboys (THough we multitasked all the time, even serving food for the waitresses when it was busy while they sat down.) that I've gotten an unhealthy contempt for them. When you're treat like dirt by someone you usually generalize. I'm sorry. *Bows*

*Squirms* ACK!! Hugs. O_O ANd yes I understand, I had to dishwash, and even with the machines. Not to mention one thing no one mentioned. THe grossness. The closest to used food the waitresses get is cleaning off the tables. IMagine scraping it off plates and having to deal with the smell of mixed foods and water. So in the end, sorry for the generalization, but I'd much rather have someone pinch my butt than deal with nasty dirty food and working with machines that could eat my hand. THose things are dangerous.
I'm a Fairy
Sakraida82
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:12 pm

Empress? Sorry? Argument? *Blinks*

Empress: I'm no empress! XD I'm nothing special, and shouldn't be treated that way under most circumstances (the exception is whenever I wield my mod powers, which I've yet to use ^_^; ).

Sorry: There's no need for an apology. We each added our bit to a discussion, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Argument: There wasn't one. If it's considered too general, I guess it could be called one; but there was more sharing of points, views and experience in a civil way than otherwise. If someone decided to continue enforcing their side, then it could become an argument. And I think we all agree that dishwashers have it the worst. ~.^
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Kumi-chan » Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:12 pm

I was a dishwasher for a year and a half and when we were busy I was multitasking the whole time plus all the guck (mixture of food, gress, water, and other fun stuff, Not really.) that has to clean out of those machines is gross. Plus having to clean not just the plates, glasses and sliver ware also sucks. Yeah, all the pots and pans that people tend to forget about plus the grease fry buckets and the grease trap at the end of the night plus you have to be a plumber and you often get called away at busy times to do cleaning or to fix something that broke. Sure waitress have to deal with the costumers but at least they don't have to touch all that gross stuff. Yeah that's about half the stuff I did at Damon's.
Kumi-chan
Spaminator
Spaminator

Postby Christina Anikari » Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:12 am

I don't know much about working in the a restaurant, but i know exactly how much it sucks to be a dishwasher. Well i was not a dishwasher, but a whatever-the-things-they-use-at-the-butcher's-washer. I had to clean chopped liver out of the machines and toher things i don't even know what was. I sucked at the job and was fired after a week. It is my only job experience and it left me scarred for life.
Christina Anikari
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Sakraida82 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:49 pm

MORE RIGHTS FOR DISHWASHERS!!! REBEL HORRAY!! And ok I won't apologize. I'll just glomp ya. *Glomps*
I'm a Fairy
Sakraida82
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Sentaiga » Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:10 am

Was once a DMO for IHOP and it was also the busboy job.

DMO=Dish Machine Operator
IHOP+International House of Pancakes.

[Edit] I was aslo one groped by an older female while bussing tabels and then having to wash them as well. While we had one of thisose big washers it worked...barely. I had to rinse everything off then wash them to or three times fish out the money that was stuck in some food and THEN I had give it to the watresses.
Sentaiga
http://dpragan.deviantart.com/
~Of course failure is not an option, it's a result.

Sentaiga
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Sakraida82 » Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:53 am

Wow this could turn into a war. *THinks* hmmmmm TRANSFORMATION INTO THE OTHER SIDE!! I IS GETTING IDEAS!!
I'm a Fairy
Sakraida82
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Next

Return to Caption Images