I dare to go there!

When a picture inspires the mind and a story forms within.

Moderator: Raleigh

I dare to go there!

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:30 pm

Yes, I do dare; I do, I do! *Nods sagely for some inexplicable reason* In fact, I dare to go everywhere! XD And now... My travels in captioneering have brought me to non-sauce-related prego!

Non-sauce-related prego!

(If the thoughts seem a bit scatter-brained in the caption, I did it on purpose. It was done to keep it short, and to reflect the main character's state of mind at the time. Or, at least I tried to do that. ^_^; )
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Kumi-chan » Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:37 pm

*nods sagely* Interseting. Very interesting. Very nice caption I see now why you tried to capture the main character's state of mind. Good choice for the image.
Kumi-chan
Spaminator
Spaminator

Postby opus` » Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:21 am

Nice caption, Nikkou.
opus`
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Sakraida82 » Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:28 am

So do you use word for these kinda things?
I'm a Fairy
Sakraida82
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Xia » Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:04 am

depends on the caption

some captions can be done right inside the image, or off to the side on a blank spot.

Me I would use photoshop, but only cause I have it
~Between Sanity and Madness lies Genius
Between Genius and Madness I come~
Xia
Sensei
Sensei

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:40 am

Glad ya liked, even if you didn't say so (I'll just pull at your tongue later with tongs until you confess). ^_^

And I did use word for this one. I tend to make HTML captions when placing the text on the image itself would either look horrid, or wouldn't fit. And I don't have anything to prevent images from getting enormous in bytes by adding more image space for text, so that's another reason why I only add text when there's room for it on the image.

And that's all for needless information you'll never have a use for. *Bows, then loses balance and falls flat on face* I meant to do this... *Inches away like an inch worm*
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Sakraida82 » Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:49 pm

Actually I rather enjoyed the information and the instant I can think of something good, I'll put something up.
I'm a Fairy
Sakraida82
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:48 am

Great! Knock yourself out! Or, rather, don't knock yourself out. ^_^; Become a captioneer! All for one, and one for all! XD

I think I'm confusing myself. <.<; *Sprints away*
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Kyrex » Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:43 am

I'll be honest with ya.. I jsut woke up and my brain isn't working to well.. staring at that test didn't really register anything.. In other words.. I don't think I'm in any condition to understand it. X_x
Kyrex
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Empusa Sesshi » Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:28 pm

From what I gathered the new mommy said something dumb and got turned into a woman, possibly pregnant to start with. She really wanted to change back, but realized toward the end she would miss her girl friends and is probly gonna stay as is.
Yeah so I'm a busty empusa...so what, keep pushin and you're gonna have a pair of bra busters too!

"His voice....fills me with a.....TERRIBLE rage." -Gaz
Empusa Sesshi
MSFer
MSFer

Location: Who knows?! Probly somewhere she's not s'posed ta be though...

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:46 pm

Well, for several reasons, I left some information out, leaing them more as suggestions. For instance, when I said the girl wasn't mentally prepared, I was hoping that that was taken to mean that she hadn't become pregnant at all. I mean, if you're not ready, you don't stop using protection, right? *Ehem* The other, is that I didn't mention there being any sex leading to the pregnancy: because I was focusing on the character's current thoughts, and wanted it to be clear that she was considering staying a girl somehow so as to not become awkward with them as a guy in order to remain with her friends, and not because of sex (like in those stories, you know?).

So, yeah... And the guy had to go along with the whole process or else he'd never be changed back. But the pregnancy and having to pretend to like the girl's husband aside, he wanted to keep the good part of the whole ordeal. So, while he'd rather not remain as the girl he was swapped with (what with having a husband he didn't like, and the responsibility of a child he didn't want at that time (never know, maybe he'd change his mind one day)), he wouldn't mind becoming another girl to maintain the friendships he had.

While all that's not readily seen in the caption, it can be, and hinted to a degree. I did the best I could, but I felt expressing the now-mother's thoughts at that time to be more important. And I couldn't seem to add all of that extra information without making it confusing, because I wanted to approach it from her take on things at the moment in the picture. ^_^; *Wacks her bad captioneering brain*
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Return to Caption Images