Everyone I talked to said it was cool...

When a picture inspires the mind and a story forms within.

Moderator: Raleigh

Everyone I talked to said it was cool...

Postby Ninian » Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:47 pm

So... I'm going to link to stuff I upload to MA here.

Namely, captions. One I made with help (the intro one) but the other fifteen, all with Windows Paint and Irfanview. Making captions was so unbelievably easy and fun, I'm surprised I didn't do it more.

Have fun! I worked hard on making them just the sort of captions I enjoy reading!

http://www.midnightaurora.com/index.php ... thumbnails

(Disclaimer: I did, in fact, get Kasumi and Amber's permission for one cap. Though it was after I already uploaded it, which wasn't a cool thing to do but eh)
Ninian
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Cutey Kerina » Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:13 pm

*claps* Really awesome caption work sis *bows*. Thank you very much for linking them. I want to write a reaction to each of them individually when I can set aside the time for a fully considered reaction.
http://photobucket.com/albums/v340/Majorkerina/ Kashimashi here in "Zappy Manga"
"I'm begging you. Establish context before you start talking." - Kyon
Cutey Kerina
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Sayuri-chan » Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:05 am

Great captions i cant dcid wch one i lik besto of them all for i like all of thm a lot. =)
Sayuri-chan
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Postby Maku » Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:01 pm

They're really cute! I love your caption style, and the pictures fit perfectly. ^-^

The warmth of knowing you love that person, and wherever
they are they still love you, goes far beyond life. ~Kate Icing, Ovalisk
Maku
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Bowser ala Femme » Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:34 pm

Very great captions, Akemi!
Hero Saintless (12:01:44 AM): We fight bad guys, not make love with them
Super Tanuki powers activate!
Bowser ala Femme
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Postby Ninian » Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:58 pm

Let's play a little game...

I got a lot of responses on AIM but not as many in person here. I want some on-record ego inflation.

Between now and 9 PM EST Christmas Eve, for every reply I get in this thread after this one, I'll make a new caption. And by New Years, I'll have them up and ready to go.

Help me find pictures and you might be a subject of one!
Last edited by Ninian on Fri Dec 24, 2004 9:19 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Ninian
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Erick Guardian » Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:26 pm

Well Akemi, I can say that you always do put alot of work into your captions. You can always tell that you've done your best on them. Might try varying up the subject matter a little. But other than that, keep it going.
Erick Guardian
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Ninian » Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:39 pm

Added a counter ^^

(And no, my own posts don't count. It's not that easy!)
Ninian
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Sierra_Rune » Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:31 pm

I like the latest one, especially the part about the past life being a dream... I've told you my opinions of the others on AIM, though... Love most of them, and like the rest^^
Make a habit of imprisoning Fascists without trial, and perhaps the process won’t stop at Fascists." - George Orwell, The Freedom of the Press
Sierra_Rune
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Ninian » Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:10 pm

By the way, the pending ones will all be released on Christmas day if people's posting don't do it. But why wait then? In theory you could all be banging up this thread, forcing me to create a whole bunch of captions! I wouldn't have made the offer if I wasn't ready for your punishment ^^

Tell you what though. Anybody can post what they want. They don't have to be about my captions, they can be about captioneering in general if you please... but this one of those few times that feeding the attention whore results in gifts!
Ninian
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Coruscate » Fri Dec 24, 2004 6:52 am

The weakest one of all of them, was the swimming pool one that mentioned Ken, that's the problem with short caption, they are less stories and more one liners.

The rest were fairly good, the ones that came off the best were the ones where you described a situation that involved more than one character, and went a little into depth of the actions that led the person there.

It's late and I'm about to crash, otherwise I'd go into more detail.

That and I wanted your count to go up a notch ;-p
"god knows I don't go through life trying to be normal. Peculiar suits me just fine."
-Xia

Deviant Art
Coruscate
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Ninian » Fri Dec 24, 2004 9:51 am

Your commentary means a lot to me, truthfully. You're one of my inspirations. Thanks Kougetsu *bows*

And I welcome any and all criticism for once from anybody, if you can keep it strictly professional ^^;;; (i.e. criticism on how to more efficiently create a story, or how a story matches up to a caption, etc. and less about dominant feminine undercurrents you find displeasing)
Ninian
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Cutey Kerina » Fri Dec 24, 2004 3:11 pm

Good luck with more captions sis ^^
http://photobucket.com/albums/v340/Majorkerina/ Kashimashi here in "Zappy Manga"
"I'm begging you. Establish context before you start talking." - Kyon
Cutey Kerina
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Ninian » Fri Dec 24, 2004 9:15 pm

You guys blew it ^^;; You coulda had 60 captions or more out of me!

0.o Not saying they're to be coveted, but good captions leave to good extra activities.

Transferring the last pending one and removing the counter now...
Ninian
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Coruscate » Sat Dec 25, 2004 3:30 am

Akemi wrote:Your commentary means a lot to me, truthfully. You're one of my inspirations. Thanks Kougetsu *bows*

Thank you.

The "punishment" ones and the friend insertions seemed a bit too ordinary, I suppose the idea of punishment is cool but maybe if you put less exposition in the dialogue?

Now, the ones I liked...

Erick - This was fairly good, I take it that it's our Erick. The concept is fine, the story is fine and there's a good deal of depth to the text and image.

A tale of two sisters - The humor was good.

Easy Job - This one is a C+. There's enogh depth here, but how she brings up her TF is a little too contrived and on purpose. Someone in her situation wouldn't bring it up like that.

You have it maid - This one I sort of like, it could use a little more work.

Jessica - Along with Erika, this is one of the best ones. I like the dream angle you threw in there, that was a nice twist.

The Riddle - This also was one of your best ones... especially since I can't solve it.

All right? - Remember how I said Easy job was too expository? This one is more like I'm suggesting you make it. There seems to be dialogue coming from the reader and it explains why she explains.

Sanctum - Remember me? An odd phrase at the end but other than that it's okay. Not your best but positive.
"god knows I don't go through life trying to be normal. Peculiar suits me just fine."
-Xia

Deviant Art
Coruscate
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Next

Return to Caption Images