Hikari's captioning attempt

When a picture inspires the mind and a story forms within.

Moderator: Raleigh

Hikari's captioning attempt

Postby HikariOblivion » Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:17 pm

1 2 3 4 5

yes, it's a single story, and yes, i kinda ran out of ideas near the end ^^;;

the idea was that the whole planet would be affected eventually, but i ran out of ideas and pictures waaay before that...

so.. uh... yeah ^^;;;
c͋őͣ͑ͯ͗rr̓̎͌u̧ͬpt̔ ̽͗ͪ̇̒̏̌į̓́ͬ̐̏n̴ͭͩ̐̓feͯ̑͂ͩ͏s͛͆ͤ́̀̋t̆͌ ͣͦͭ̈́ͥc̨ͯo̷͒̿̏̓͌ņ̒̈́̌̄q̋͆̎ŭ͊̀ê͐͌͑͠ṙ͗ͪ̊ͫͤ ͜r͌̐́̑͌̿e͛ͧͮ̔̐͟pe͗͌͊̀̅ͧa̒ͫͫͤ̃̿̀̚t̋͋ͩ̓͜
HikariOblivion
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Location: After the end, before the beginning. The void that beckons.

Postby Sierra_Rune » Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:44 pm

I like! I don't see any sign of loss of ideas at the end, either...It's good!
Make a habit of imprisoning Fascists without trial, and perhaps the process won’t stop at Fascists." - George Orwell, The Freedom of the Press
Sierra_Rune
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby opus` » Sun Nov 28, 2004 1:55 am

I like it too, Hikari. Though, (and this is nit-picky) it would be cool if you could remove the "Minerva" from the top of Aurora's picture.
opus`
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby HikariOblivion » Sun Nov 28, 2004 2:19 am

opus` wrote:I like it too, Hikari. Though, (and this is nit-picky) it would be cool if you could remove the "Minerva" from the top of Aurora's picture.

good idea ^^;; working on that now (EDIT: now done)

and thanks for the positive comments, both of you ^^
c͋őͣ͑ͯ͗rr̓̎͌u̧ͬpt̔ ̽͗ͪ̇̒̏̌į̓́ͬ̐̏n̴ͭͩ̐̓feͯ̑͂ͩ͏s͛͆ͤ́̀̋t̆͌ ͣͦͭ̈́ͥc̨ͯo̷͒̿̏̓͌ņ̒̈́̌̄q̋͆̎ŭ͊̀ê͐͌͑͠ṙ͗ͪ̊ͫͤ ͜r͌̐́̑͌̿e͛ͧͮ̔̐͟pe͗͌͊̀̅ͧa̒ͫͫͤ̃̿̀̚t̋͋ͩ̓͜
HikariOblivion
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Cutey Kerina » Sun Nov 28, 2004 4:05 am

Hmmm...I like the set-up. The lead-up is nice too...but who is "Shaun" supposed to be and why did it alarm Bob? I didn't get that. The usage of images is nice. I would have liked the tf more involved for both and intriguing but the whole story works pretty good. The ending is kinda hard to follow though...what happened?

Still an awesome effort. Thank you so much Hikari for sharing it ^^ *bows*
http://photobucket.com/albums/v340/Majorkerina/ Kashimashi here in "Zappy Manga"
"I'm begging you. Establish context before you start talking." - Kyon
Cutey Kerina
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Ninian » Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:25 am

Oh my goodness ^^;;

Umm... Ghosty?

I'm all tingly and giddy now, so I'm going to do what I normally don't like random strangers doing... but... that @.@ gets a glomp! *glomp*
Ninian
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby HikariOblivion » Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:13 pm

Major Kerina wrote:Hmmm...I like the set-up. The lead-up is nice too...but who is "Shaun" supposed to be and why did it alarm Bob? I didn't get that. The usage of images is nice. I would have liked the tf more involved for both and intriguing but the whole story works pretty good. The ending is kinda hard to follow though...what happened?

Shaun is a male name... it's the usual "OMG TG!?!" response for victims that, while it is a BIG cliche, works

as for the ending, essentially, by escaping, they released the cat goddess that had transformed them, into the outer world, and she would, as the generous goddess she is, bestow her gift unto other mortals just as she did them

thanks Akemi ^^ i'm glad you liked it
HikariOblivion
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Ninian » Sun Nov 28, 2004 2:36 pm

Any story with a slight evil (but cute) streak to it with implications the "reader" is a potential victim (or even outright so through second person perspective) is pretty much my sweet spot. Such a caption from MSF.com was probably my first inspiration for Eternals.

I just got my manna for the day.
Ninian
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Cutey Kerina » Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:11 pm

HikariOblivion wrote:Shaun is a male name... it's the usual "OMG TG!?!" response for victims that, while it is a BIG cliche, works

I understand the rest....buuuut..."Shaun" when spoken can also be a woman's name...as in Sean Young.
http://photobucket.com/albums/v340/Majorkerina/ Kashimashi here in "Zappy Manga"
Cutey Kerina
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby HikariOblivion » Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:43 pm

Major Kerina wrote:
HikariOblivion wrote:Shaun is a male name... it's the usual "OMG TG!?!" response for victims that, while it is a BIG cliche, works

I understand the rest....buuuut..."Shaun" when spoken can also be a woman's name...as in Sean Young.

:P

i counter this with an "i pulled a bunch of male names out of thin air"

seriously, though, i'll definitely consider that in a revision
HikariOblivion
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Cutey Kerina » Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:57 am

*giggles* Sorry Hikari, I don't mean to nitpick but I just want to help you make it the best possible. Hope you don't mind. ^^;;
Cutey Kerina
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby jimmyinwhite » Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:33 pm

I hope that I get to read more in this story.
maybe have them meet an old man that looks like an older harry potter named jim.
i walk in the land of dreams looking for the truth
test to find out who you are!
jimmyinwhite
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Ninian » Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:53 pm

jimmyinwhite wrote:I hope that I get to read more in this story.
maybe have them meet an old man that looks like an older <a href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=11&k=harry%20potter" onmouseover="window.status='harry potter'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">harry potter</a> named jim.

Congrats. That was probably the most random thing anyone's ever said on this board.
Ninian
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby HikariOblivion » Wed Dec 01, 2004 5:14 pm

to tell the truth, as far as i feel now, this is it. done, finito, and other variations i can't think about... if i do go back to this, which i may, i will not be taking character requests, as the 'before' are almost all stereotypes, and the after are... i wouldn't say 'borg'-esque, but are mutual friends and allies, and all want to help their goddess spread her gift, and the story is less about a protagonist, or a struggle, but more about the spread of the goddess's gift and how it affects the planet as it becomes deeper and more common...

if i feel like it, i may have a sort of 'runner' aspect with the last few remaining humans, though i can't promise anything, as my effort for story ideas and things varies randomly, and like i said, currently i don't have it
HikariOblivion
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Ninian » Wed Dec 01, 2004 5:26 pm

It's flattering to know I'm a trend setter.
Ninian
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Next

Return to Caption Images