Shinoshka's first attemp at captioning

When a picture inspires the mind and a story forms within.

Moderator: Raleigh

Shinoshka's first attemp at captioning

Postby Sayuri-chan » Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:38 am

Well i jus had a story in mind and i saw this nice pic and decided to give it a try so have at you

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v335/ ... ATITIA.jpg

my first caption ever ^_^ ;;

hope its of your liking.

Sayuri-chan
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Postby Funny Hat + Funny Accent » Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:49 am

Hooray for the greatnes.
HOORAY!!!
Bore: Ah, comrade Yozis! I have been meaning to have bear wrestling match with you! Let me show you what your rear end looks like! *turns them into a demon-pretzel*
I just dropped a Tactical Nuke on a Blood Ape.
Eagle Scout since 9/18/2007
Funny Hat + Funny Accent
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Cutey Kerina » Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:57 am

That was a really interesting caption. More of a vignette attached to an image. I liked your choice of image and the story idea but the font choice is kinda hard to read. Great first caption ^^
http://photobucket.com/albums/v340/Majorkerina/ Kashimashi here in "Zappy Manga"
"I'm begging you. Establish context before you start talking." - Kyon
Cutey Kerina
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Alyta » Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:53 am

That's great, Shino. Hooray for vignette captions and illustrated stories *hugs*
This space for rent...
Alyta
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Sentaiga » Sat Sep 25, 2004 11:32 am

Real nice, just bigger text next time hehehee
Sentaiga
http://dpragan.deviantart.com/
~Of course failure is not an option, it's a result.

Sentaiga
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby opus` » Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:01 pm

Like I told you on IRC, excellent work, Shino ^^
opus`
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Sayuri-chan » Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:22 pm

Thanks for all your words makes me want to make more caps ^^ i will do some later and uh yeah well the text is small cause photobucket rezises the images if they are biger than i dont remember... but the thing is the original cap is way bigger in text size meaning sorry for the inconvenience ^^;;
Sayuri-chan
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Postby Cutey Kerina » Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:45 pm

Oh, that explains it....*eyes are drawn to Shinoshka's sig* awwwwww...that's so cute ^^ *giggles*

If only my anime girl would behave and show up (maybe Photobucket problem for me)
http://photobucket.com/albums/v340/Majorkerina/ Kashimashi here in "Zappy Manga"
"I'm begging you. Establish context before you start talking." - Kyon
Cutey Kerina
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:34 pm

I've actually considered posting for a whole day. ^_^; Well, not the entire time, but throughout it here and there.

Anyway, if there's one thing I do, it's being honest; if there's one thing I don't do, that's lying. Instead of just saying "yay" like most do even when they can tone it down (at least), I'm going to show you that you have room to grow and improve. So, please don't take my criticism the wrong way.

I can handle the small text, personally, but since alot of others can't, I guess larger text would make a difference. You need to work on your punctuation first and foremost, especially with as much as you wrote. Your spelling was fine. ~.^ This is my personal opinion: being as long as it was, I feel you could have explained or hinted at the uncle's behavior, among other things (since the story seemed to progress in one direction with the bare minimal details being given). It's like events just happened with a shrug of a shoulder until the transformation (which you focused on most of all).

Work on that punctuation, okay? How you write your stories/captions is your style, so it'll grow the more you read and write. The story was good overall, but I didn't "feel" anything until the end, if you know what I mean. Finally, don't let this discourage you. You should have seen me a few years back when I started writing. *Remembers her first story and dies from embarrassment* @.@
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Sayuri-chan » Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:54 pm

Thanks for your advice Nikkou ill re make this cap so it draws the interest since the begining and well im sorry about the punctuation ill try to improve that is just that english isnt my native language anyways thanks ill re make the cap and make a few more on the process ^^
Sayuri-chan
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Return to Caption Images