Nosnits, Master Captionier

When a picture inspires the mind and a story forms within.

Moderator: Raleigh

Nosnits, Master Captionier

Postby Nosnits » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:00 pm

Okay. First, it's TIME FOR BACKSTORY.

When I first found MSF..close to..ugh..almost 4 years ago now? The thing that drew me too it was captions. I was doing sailing lessons at the time, and the only time I could go on the internet was at night, on my Nintendo Wii. I lay on my Hide-a-bed (A couch that turns into a bed) and stayed up late every night, reading through every caption that was on the entire site. Then, with my lack of internet, I forgot about the site for a few months. Then, for two days, everyone was out of the house. I brought up MSF again, and read all the new captions! Then..the next day, I turned it on again. The site was down. I was saddened by that, really. No more captions. Flash forwards to the next September. I had just gotten internet. In my room. ON a computer no less. I looked up the site again, and..it was still down. However, I also made a discovery. There were..forums. I had seen them once before, fleetingly, when I first found it, but paid it no mind. However, once again, I found more captions, and more stuff to read! After finishing all the captions, I would wait patiently till the next day for new ones. Then the next, and the next. That went on for two months. I even tried to make my own. They were, in a word..crap. Never posted them. Lost them all now, and I'm not sad of the fact. However, one snowy day in December, a week after my birthday, nursing a leg injury..I took two hours to make the decision to hit the 'Register' button on MSF. And that's how it all began.

...And? You say? Well, captions had always been my love, and I regretted never making any. So..last night, I had a dream that inspired me to make some! I sifted through...like...30 pages on Safebooru. That netted me 15 pics. I was able to slowly narrow and whittle it down. However..I could not get past the top three. So..I made captions out of all three, using the same idea.

The first one I made

The second one I made

And the third one - Note, the text all matches the dialogue/actions as the corresponding person's swimsuit, as close as I could get it with my crummy 7 colour editor, and it goes down the left column, then down the right.

Feedback is appreciated, maybe.
Last edited by Nosnits on Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hey, you! No...not you....You! Go ---> HERE <--- to red the drabbles of stuff I've written, or ---> HERE <--- to see both my doodles AND writing. Double dip right there.

Knit the scarf. Ride the ogre.
Nosnits
Spaminator
Spaminator

Re: Nosnits, Master Captionier

Postby Miccah » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:29 pm

Good jorb~

I do particularly enjoy the last one, spontaneous girlification is always a fun theme to do. ^^
Miccah
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Marky » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:23 pm

Nice captions, Nos. Look forward to some more of them.
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby muffinstud » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:46 pm

It's about dang time. I like the captions, but if I had to nitpick, it's that sometimes it's hard to find out which one of them is the transformee. A little bit of clarification goes a long way, and I think it would make these fun captions even better. Keep up the good work.
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Nosnits » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:03 pm

Thanks for the replies! Especially from the almost-kind-of-here-but-not-really neko bread. That was a weakness in the first one, I know..

I do have three more done for you people. One for each person that posted, it seems. :shock: I'm not proud of the first two. They feel really cliched to me..but, I felt like I should post them anyways. The third I like a lot more. Of course, it's personal preference. You might hate all 9 of them. Yes. Even the 6 invisible ones.

Glasses Glasses?

Flue shots. They do more then make your arm go dead for a day.

Dear Diary
Hey, you! No...not you....You! Go ---> HERE <--- to red the drabbles of stuff I've written, or ---> HERE <--- to see both my doodles AND writing. Double dip right there.

Nosnits
Spaminator
Spaminator

Postby Miccah » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:56 pm

Silly Nos, I think they're all very lovely.

The first two might be a bit simple, but that doesn't make them bad, I rather enjoy the simplicity of them, actually, especially the first one. The third one is very, very cute, and I do like the idea behind it a lot. ^^

Keep it up. o_o
Miccah
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Blaze » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:17 pm

*slow claps*

Very well done Nos, I hope to see more.

OR ELSE.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby AlanGarouRedux » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:05 am

The "Dear Diary" one is particularly good. The writing sounds very natural and diary-like, and the message makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
AlanGarouRedux
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Nosnits » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:36 pm

AlanGarouRedux wrote:The "Dear Diary" one is particularly good. The writing sounds very natural and diary-like, and the message makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Thanks! That's what I was going for. I'm glad you liked it..

Blaze wrote:*slow claps*

Very well done Nos, I hope to see more.

OR ELSE.

*Hides*

Or..I'll just make more. That'll work.

That Darn Cat

Sunbathing

Storybook

Read, and perhaps enjoy. I will offer no refunds on scorched Retinas.

Nosnits
Spaminator
Spaminator

Postby Miku-chan » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:57 pm

I like the storybook one Nos, many a day I try and do just what Henry does...;)
Why do we park on a Driveway and drive on a Parkway?
Miku-chan
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Blaze » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:11 pm

Very well done Nos.

The wors on the first two are a bit hard to read, maybe consider doing them bigger or in a darker color? The third one was great, I love TFs caused by books~ :3
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Marky » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:06 pm

Wow. I really loved the last caption. And I have the same complaints as Blaze on the first two, but that's it.
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby muffinstud » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:56 am

And now, my two cents.

1. While the text is small in comparison to the pictures, the fonts actually lend well to the feel of each of them. You've made me want to try a little more variety in my own font choices.

2. While I also enjoyed the storybook one, I have to comment on the cat. I like how you made both of them users. The cat used the human for soft boobie pillows, the human used the cat as an excuse to try something new. It's a subtle thing, and I like it.
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby AlanGarouRedux » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:46 am

Okay, you are officially the master of feel-good captions. Everything you've posted here has been sweet and adorable, not to mention well-written. However, I'm going to have to agree about the font sizes. They're pretty dang small, and I can barely read the text on the first two even after zooming in.
AlanGarouRedux
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Nosnits » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:43 pm

I did warn you, didn't I, on retina scorching? Maybe that's why you can't read it...

No, I'm just kidding, I know the text is a problem..and it's a real pain to not have it that way, as my tools that I have to work with are...sub par at best.

I doubt these new ones will help me retain my master of feel good captions, but thanks for the support you...four!

Playboy

No peeking

Atypical Girl

And..maybe more to come. If I have time whilst in Italia.

Nosnits
Spaminator
Spaminator

Next

Return to Caption Images