Darkwood Forest Captions

When a picture inspires the mind and a story forms within.

Moderator: Raleigh

Re: Darkwood Forest Captions

Postby Miku-chan » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:52 am

I have a notepad on the iPhone, but cant get the latest version OS...(4.0.2...btw) to download and it hqs all those fancy shmancy updates like spellchecker and such...XP
Why do we park on a Driveway and drive on a Parkway?
Miku-chan
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Miku-chan » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:51 am

Aaaannndd here is a new caption for the series

Urban Edge

At the edge of the city, things happen. Particularly when that city is close to Darkwood Forest. Just ask Jamie, former construction engineer for the Edgewoods Business and Industrial park. One night during the full moon, James was driving home from the closest of the new Industrial warehouse constructions, one that had gotten a bit too close to the forest. As James was pulling onto the road, Brandi the Hunter attacked, causing James to crash his car into the nearby forest. Now Jamie prowls the urban edges of Darkwood, keeping the Forest protected from further encroachment by urban sprawl...
Miku-chan
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Marky » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:07 am

Hm. Interesting. I'm liking how you're tying all of these in together.
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Miku-chan » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:11 pm

Thanks for the compliment, now that the computer is back I can try a new way of posting these captions, so here we go
Happiness
Miku-chan
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Marky » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:57 pm

Hm...pretty good caption, although there's one sentence that does not make sense to me in it. The sentence that's split apart, starting with 'Seeing the lonely', with lonely misspelled, seems to be missing some words, also. Like...'Seeing the lonely boy pulled at her heart and so she captured the boy while he slept.' That makes more sense than what it currently does. Other than that, I love the pic for it, and most of the rest of the caption is good. My only other complaint is the snow in the pic and the white font clashing at times.
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Miku-chan » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:51 pm

Maid for Duty...Image

No one was ever sure why the old mansion bordered Darkwood Forest, or why no one ever reported having gone near the place. So it was only natural that several of the guys from the athletic team dared each other to spend the night. Marc popped the old lock and lead Phil, Drew, Carl and Peter inside. The first rooms seemed to be fairly dust free  and it spooked the boys at first, but like always, they cajoled and razzed each other into staying. Since the place was so big, it was decided that every one would spend the night in different rooms. Marc chose to remain downstairs near the kitchen area, just in case he got hungry in the night, and the machine that was his stomach grumbled loudly if not properly fed. Phil took the large master suite, while Drew took the adjoining one to the right. Peter and Carl chose to take the room across the hall with the twin bedsteads, and seeing how the twin boys always shared a room, no one said anything to force the pair into separate rooms. 

After several hours of sleep, Marc felt his belly grumble and started to rise. His body felt off but he passed it off to oversleeping and needing to stabilize his blood sugar levels, (seems he was also a bit of a diabetic as well), when he stumbled towards the electric lantern, his reach fell short of it's target and he stumbled into the closet and got tangled up in some of the clothing. It seemed to be alive as it pulled and twisted around his body while strange feelings of comfortable tightness filled him. He soon was able to pull himself upright and look down at himself. The light form the full moon lit the inside of the closet like daylight thru the skylight, revealing his changes he didn't notice while struggling. Shocked silence prevented Marc from crying out as his thoughts slowly fade into the background, for Marci the catgirl maid had other duties to perform before the rest of the household members awoke in the Darkwood Mansion...

(For those who would like, find pictures of other members of the house for the TFing magic of Darkwood, remember the changes all have to be some kind of spirit of the forest, which is why Marc/i became the catgirl maid, first to punish him for breaking into the house and to serve the spirits of Darkwood Forest for trespassing into the woods...)
Last edited by Miku-chan on Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Miku-chan
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Marky » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:18 pm

Sadly the picture has apparently violated Photobucket's ToS.
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Miku-chan » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:49 pm

Guess I need to move it to my diviant account...:(
Miku-chan
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Marky » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:45 pm

Ah, well, I can maybe see why Photobucket didn't like it. However, the caption along with it was pretty good.
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Previous

Return to Caption Images