Yuukuno Amaya no Sukumizu pool

When a picture inspires the mind and a story forms within.

Moderator: Raleigh

Yuukuno Amaya no Sukumizu pool

Postby Amaya » Sat May 01, 2010 10:38 am

Hello, and welcome to my little piece of the world.
After my first dip in the pool I have been unchanged by it's magic. That goes for most everyone else as well. For some reason it doesn't affect females. A standard "FEMALE ONLY POOL"-sign has been set up in several places around the pool, trying to stave off curious people and witless boys.

Sometimes it works, sometimes not.
In all honesty, I have no expectations that the signs will stop the "accidents" from happening, the pool lives a life of it's own.

I will give you stories I stumble upon in my everyday life, stories told to me by visitors and stories of what happens here. I might not hear any stories worthwhile to tell at times, other times I can't stave them off. It's out of my control, but I'll share what I can, as long as those involved have given their go-ahead.
"Black is the new black."
Amaya
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Re: Yuukuno Amaya no Sukumizu pool

Postby Josie » Sat May 01, 2010 1:25 pm

Very lovely captions, too bad about Jo-Ann though
Josie
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Funny Hat + Funny Accent » Sat May 01, 2010 2:48 pm

Josie wrote:Very lovely captions, too bad about Jo-Ann though

I would call that an interesting interjection of reality into fiction. Life doesn't always work out perfectly, which actually made me like that caption much more because of that.
Bore: Ah, comrade Yozis! I have been meaning to have bear wrestling match with you! Let me show you what your rear end looks like! *turns them into a demon-pretzel*
I just dropped a Tactical Nuke on a Blood Ape.
Eagle Scout since 9/18/2007
Funny Hat + Funny Accent
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Amaya » Sat May 01, 2010 3:25 pm

Since these are not my stories ((*cough cough*)) they will not always end up with a happy ending. ;)

I'm glad you took a liking to the stories, there are more to come over the next few days, I'm still writing down what I've been told.
Amaya
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Postby Ninian » Sun May 02, 2010 1:39 am

Wow, I already like. You brought me out of years worth of lurking to say as much. Why that's a big deal is because lately I've ascribed to "if you can't say something nice...", especially in regards to captions.

I like that you subverted the usual tale of "(boy name) was affected by (artifact). At first (difficulty), but in the end, (neat happy but unrealistic resolution)". And you remembered to include fine print on the first image at least nodding at the actual owners of the image.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to what you do next Amaya.
Ninian
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Amaya » Sun May 02, 2010 6:21 am

Since I've had the pool open for a while, I have gathered some stories.

One of the more overwhelming stories at the time was that about George. George will still come visit, but always with her classmates. I need to talk to the pool some day, to see if I can set up different sections of it.

Another story from the very start of the my time as owner of this pool is about a perfectly normal cat. Well, as perfectly normal as can be here, I guess. There'll be more about that at a later time. Suffice to say, I now have signs about keeping pets on a leash.

((Yes, I try to give a nod to the owners of the pictures I use if I know of them. I'm glad you approve.
I can mention at the same time, if one of the pictures I use are considered above the limit of what is allowed, mods should just edit out the link. I'll do something about it as soon as I can. I'm telling a story of sorts through captions so I need to adjust it before the next update in case a picture is removed.))
Amaya
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Postby Roggamer22 » Sun May 02, 2010 12:21 pm

Poor George.

...I wonder what the owners of that cat thought when it turned into a catgirl... Yeah...
Do as I say, but not as I do.
It's perfectly safe, so keep going.
Follow me close, but not too close.

Full image of Avatar
Roggamer22
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Ninian » Mon May 03, 2010 1:18 pm

((Having recently discovered Ninazu, the underworld god of healing water, I've been toying playing with water myself. So this is also well timed for me, I like the story of this pool so far.))
Ninian
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Funny Hat + Funny Accent » Mon May 03, 2010 7:47 pm

Another pair of good captions. Sheesh, I might have to get into a writing groove once my finals are over so I don't look so bad compared to all of these newer members.
Bore: Ah, comrade Yozis! I have been meaning to have bear wrestling match with you! Let me show you what your rear end looks like! *turns them into a demon-pretzel*
I just dropped a Tactical Nuke on a Blood Ape.
Eagle Scout since 9/18/2007
Funny Hat + Funny Accent
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Amaya » Tue May 04, 2010 1:50 pm

((Time to make Communist Pink a sad panda. =P I have two more pictures prepared, I want to look over them again before I post them, and many more ideas. If only I had pictures for my ideas. =/ ))

Recently I've encountered a problem at my pool. I'm not quite sure how to handle it yet, but I might have to blacklist this person.

Of course, I couldn't run the pool by myself, so I have some help. Apparently the pool doesn't want to leave any job undone.

Roggamer22, I haven't heard from the owners. It might have something to do with the catgirl never going back to them. ;)
Amaya
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Postby Maiden Miki » Fri May 07, 2010 1:10 am

Your captions are really good. They are interesting and most importantly they are short. They tell a nice story but they don't drag it out.

Also not sure if it is your avatar or how you are 'talking' but your captions are giving me the feeling that you are Yuko from xxxHolic. haha There is no offense in my statement and maybe it just me being crazy.

Keep up the great work!
Maiden Miki
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Location: Luffy is punching me in the face, while Eneru is laughing about it

Postby Amaya » Thu May 13, 2010 6:50 am

((Sorry about being gone for so long, RL decided to be uppity.))

I've mentioned that I can move my pool, to other worlds if I like, and the place I'm at isn't one I know all that well. To be frank, not Frank, I have yet to venture very far away from the pool. This made I recently made a discovery. Knocked me for a loop, it did.

Oh, and there are more things that can knock me for a loop. Apparently my pool is a bit displeased with it's own work at times.

*stalks off to fiddle with the signs*

((My buffer of pictures is done for, and I haven't had time to search for the "right" picture I want for the next update, so it might be a while. RL is still trying to mess with me as well, sadly. BBASAP))
Amaya
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Return to Caption Images