A caption challenge?! Unthinkable!

When a picture inspires the mind and a story forms within.

Moderator: Raleigh

A caption challenge?! Unthinkable!

Postby muffinstud » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:36 pm

That's right. It's about time there was a "caption this" kind of thread. Here's the challenge:
Caption the picture below, but make sure there is at least one Tom Swifty in the caption. For an example of a Tom Swifty, check out this caption of mine, here.
There's a dictionary of them here.

Caption away, peoples! Let's have some fun!
Last edited by muffinstud on Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Re: A caption challenge?! Unthinkable!

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:23 am

(Is two okay? 'Kay. Standard flair? Then I'll be outta your hair. Not that I've got these right, mind.)

"Now that I'm a catgirl, his behavior toward me, as a bully, has reversed." Tom reflected.

"I guess he's right... There's no denying that I'm a catgirl, now." Tom thought, tired of pussyfooting around.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Zoey » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:45 am

((Let's give this a shot))

"What are we doing here?! You made me hike a mountain in this weak catgirl body for what?!" said Tom frustrated.

"Sit there" said his companion, pointing to the puddle.

Tom sat on the puddle, not wanting to repeat the punishment scene from earlier. With a quick photo, his companion started leaving.

"H-Hey where are you going?! This was it?! You made me hike here for a photo?!?!?!"

"Be happy, we finally got down here after climbing up this mountain" he replied checking off something on a peice of paper. "Next we have to get a photo of a mermaid in a volcano... Pack your bags we're headed to Hawaii, Tom!"

"I swear your mom droped you on your head when you were a baby...." said Tom grimancing as he knew who'd have to be the mermaid.

(Fixed)
Last edited by Zoey on Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Let me confirm, your shelter shield is activated?"
"What are you planning?!"
"Your shelter is secure, is it?"
"Of course it is! Just see for yourself how powerless you are!"
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Nosnits » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:32 pm

((Well, I will try it.....hurry for stealing an idea about stealing ideas...))

"Hey, who are you? You look pretty hot" Tom asked, sweating profusely.

"It's...it's not what it looks like, see, I used to be a boy an-"

"Really? Where you a pervert, and you spied on one to many girls?"

"No, it's-"

"Oh, did you date a witch, and she turned you like this?"

"No, I-"

"Wait wait wait, you drank from an enchanted spring, and now you're like this?"

"No-"

"Oh, you must of stepped on a cat?"

"N-"

"Bitten by a crab?"

"That's stupid, no, I-"

"Ate an enchanted brownie?"

"No, it's-"

"Mad scientist that turned you into a pleasure slave"

"Eww, n-"

"You couldn't pay your bill? You snuck into the girl's change room?

"No, none of-"

"Well, what happened to you then?"

"I was trying to tell you, I was a boy, you in fact-"

"You w-"

"No interruptions, I was transformed climbing this mountain, and I came back in time to warn you. Whatever you do Tom, don't..step...on....that.....enchanted......snail..............damn..."

(And now, this is the second time will edit this....damn....stupid tom swifties...)
(And I edited a third time....)
Hey, you! No...not you....You! Go ---> HERE <--- to red the drabbles of stuff I've written, or ---> HERE <--- to see both my doodles AND writing. Double dip right there.

Knit the scarf. Ride the ogre.
Nosnits
Spaminator
Spaminator

Postby Stone » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:56 pm

Tom and his friend always hung out near the transformation pond. One day Tom fell in and was transformed into a catgirl. Which upset Tom greatly, but Tom knew that the change would only last an hour because he didn't drink the stuff. But when his friend began to ogle him he asked him what was up.

His friend replied, "You're so pretty. I think I'd like to take you on a date."

A devilish grin spread across Tom's face. "You know what I think I'd like that."

"Really?"

"Yeah, but there'd only be one problem." said Tom in the cutest most femine manner he could muster.

"What's that?" His friend asked his interest in Tom was to the boiling point.

"I'm not a homosexual!" Tom replied gaily.
-Stone
Stone
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Postby yugi83 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:46 pm

Tom looked down at herself and blinked. Just a few moments ago he/she had logged into his favorite MMO, a lightning bolt struck the house and the next thing he knew he was inside the game AND as his avatar: Felina, Warrior Neko of Furtana. "Well, maybe now I'll find out why no other players will fight me in the arena, I have skills, so it couldn't be of how attractive Felina is.....right? "

(hope this is good, it's my first caption.)
yugi83
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Queen Octavia » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:30 pm

yugi83 wrote:Tom looked down at herself and blinked. Just a few moments ago he/she had logged into his favorite MMO, a lightning bolt struck the house and the next thing he knew he was inside the game AND as his avatar: Felina, Warrior Neko of Furtana. "Well, maybe now I'll find out why no other players will fight me in the arena, I have skills, so it couldn't be of how attractive Felina is.....right? "

(hope this is good, it's my first caption.)

Not bad for a first ;p.

Here's my effort:

While on vacation in Japan, Tom went on a peaceful nature walk in a beautiful little bit of land which was private property.

As he walked through the grounds of the historic shrine, he wondered what it was they used to pay homage to here.

He approached the idol which was surrounded by a small pool of water to get a better look at it, but unfortunately for him he tripped!

The changes occurred immediately, and Tom was in shock.

Tom looked into the water and saw his reflection. "Oh no, even my ears have changed!" he observed pointedly.

He was almost afraid to continue his observations. "What's that there, behind me..." he tailed off.

It didn't take much longer for the mental changes to kick in. "Actually, this might be fun! And I love my new hair color!" she clapped her hands, no longer feeling blue.
Queen Octavia
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby UDDCommander » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:38 pm

"Spring of the Soul Mate turned me into this? Whose soul mate am I supposed to be my cat's?" John sighed "it even changed my clothes, and that was my favorite shirt to!"

A little ways off Jessica, John's sister listened to the new catgirl's incessant whining as her voice changed slowly to match her new form. If only she could have realized that the Spring of the Soul Mate was all the way in Japan, what her new sister had fallen into was the Spring of the Kitty Lady. Besides, they could always find a new shirt that said 'you are here'.
I hate Writer's Block, it's like trying to fight Kefka on level 2 with 1 phoenix down
UDDCommander
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Postby Queen Octavia » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:02 am

Curse you and your lurking title UDD! Post more captions, to make me less jealous! Not to mention giving me more captions to read ;p
Queen Octavia
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby UDDCommander » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:50 pm

I would, but I still don't have regular access to a computer :(
I hate Writer's Block, it's like trying to fight Kefka on level 2 with 1 phoenix down
UDDCommander
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Postby Queen Octavia » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:18 am

That's a shame, if it makes you feel any better my computer is an absolute piece of junk that has broken several times in several ways... but alas, I am quite good with computers and keep repairing it.
Queen Octavia
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Return to Caption Images