Impy's Captions

When a picture inspires the mind and a story forms within.

Moderator: Raleigh

Postby Rowan » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:28 am

Hahaha! Those were great!
Rowan
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Ninian » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:57 pm

I noticed a number of your captions are self-inserts. While this isn't exactly a problem by itself, there is the problem that few people know who or what "Impy" is as a fictional character. This detracts a bit from the experience, though as someone who's done self-insert captions myself at least once, I know the empowering feeling they can have. Just keep it in mind.

Also, I have a hard time sometimes envisioning what's going on due to the chaotic and sudden nature of the events in what you're writing. The School Samurai bit is a good example of that. It comes off as a bit sloppy or rushed. Consider proofreading before finishing, or even ideally writing the caption in a word processing program before editting the image itself.
Ninian
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Lucky » Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:41 pm

Word proofing programs screw up your wording more then anything most of the time. Realy just re-reading it is the best choice, IMO. If it sounds funny when you read it out loud, then it's worded funny.

=3
Lucky
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Impy » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:19 pm

Hey, just to be sure, if I find a random image on deviantart and use it for a caption, is it okay to post or not? I kinda think deviantart is public domain, but if you guys don't I won't post it till I ask the person's permission.
Impy
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Previous

Return to Caption Images