Caption Duel!!!

When a picture inspires the mind and a story forms within.

Moderator: Raleigh

Caption Duel!!!

Postby muffinstud » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:25 am

I, Muffinstud, hereby challenge (whatever Nekkid calls herself right now) to a caption duel! We shall stand ten paces apart and display our captions. The internet audience shall declare the winner.

I'm not exactly sure, but I think the reward for winning/penalty for losing is still up for grabs.

Oh, and no voting until both captions are up. And no voting by myself or (Nekkid)

Oh, and here's my caption. It has a title and everything.

The Part-timer
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby muffinstud » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:31 am

Oh yeah, and just to clarify, the poll ends in 10 daysjust so there is a clear-cut winner
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Kether » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:49 am

*holds up a giant foam finger*Go NIkkou!
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:46 am

Well, this is probably very unexpected, coming from me, but this is my caption. It was a bugger to figure out how to put it together since I had never used this kind of media before, but I guess it took up the time and effort that I usually spend on writing a good-sized caption.

Anyway... Dun-dun-dunnnn! Nikkou's ultimate gamble!

Damaged goods
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Re: Caption Duel!!!

Postby MarioDS01 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:23 am

muffinstud wrote:I, Muffinstud, hereby challenge (whatever Nekkid calls herself right now) to a caption duel! We shall stand ten paces apart and display our captions. The internet audience shall declare the winner.

I'm not exactly sure, but I think the reward for winning/penalty for losing is still up for grabs.

Oh, and no voting until both captions are up. And no voting by myself or (Nekkid)

Oh, and here's my caption. It has a title and everything.

The Part-timer

Man I liked the Part-timer caption. It was kind of cool have one she his friend as a girl. Although I wished he could have been a little nice to him/her as a girl and maybe fall in love with her.

That kind of reminds me of a sequel I made from secret waitress job. I made a sequel to the caption because I really wanted a good ending/outcome from this meeting. Hope you read it some time my friend under the topic: "3 Times the Charm"

I wonder if that is where you good the idea from, just curious. I wish and sort of hope you make a sequel or maybe an alternate reality/reaction to this caption, that would be really, really nice of you. If not, that's OK, I can imagine that myself, I am just glad it is not one of those unhappy nor sad captions.
MarioDS01
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby MarioDS01 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:27 am

|°|-|33|\|1>< wrote:Well, this is probably very unexpected, coming from me, but this is my caption. It was a bugger to figure out how to put it together since I had never used this kind of media before, but I guess it took up the time and effort that I usually spend on writing a good-sized caption.

Anyway... Dun-dun-dunnnn! Nikkou's ultimate gamble!

Damaged goods

I like your caption as well, very cleaver. I guess that is a excellent reason why the boy traped in a girl's body would not want to switch back to his male body because He/She damage His/Her own family jewels so to speak. Oh well, hopefulle he?she can get use to leaving as a girl for the rest of his/her life.
MarioDS01
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Chibi MitchellTF » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:13 am

Both are hilarious, but Muffinstud wins out due to having such a neat story. Especially with the bait-and-switch near the end. Sorry Nikkou, if you'd done one of your longer captions I probably would have picked you.

It's a pity Muffinstud didn't have an on-screen TG, but the story didn't really have room.
Chibi MitchellTF
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:46 am

Eh. I kind of figured that people may have wanted a long-ish, story-ish thing from me, but I figured that it wouldn't be any fun if I didn't try something different, and I spent a few hours learning something new to be able to do it. But I think it's solid: it's short; it puts into perspective just the situation in the (motion) picture; it had a joke; and the video has the potential to be humorous. I'm not afraid to take risks, since I did something that I had no idea as to how the response would be. So I made one for the fun of making captions instead of trying to appeal to people. Ha, to you, you deprived people! Mwa-ha-ha!

I was actually disappointed with your caption, Muffin. It had a story, but it was weak. The character interaction seemed to be its strong point, but how Dean ended up the way that he was put question marks over my head, and that, in turn, took away the life of the situation that was focused on. The device that made it all possible was very, very disappointing.

I want to see more crabs. Y.Y
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Katty » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:09 pm

I like Nekkid's better myself. I think the media is what really brought me in. It is true that Muffinstud did have a nice story. But I am becoming an animator, so I guess seeing animation just sucked me in. Sorry Muffin, but my vote goes to Nekkid. =^-^=
Beware the magic pencil!
Katty
MSFer
MSFer

Location: My own universe where my pencil is the supreme power!

Postby Rowan » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:46 pm

I gotta give it to Nikkou.

First, captioning an animation like that? Awesome.

Second, muffin's caption while good, was in my opinion, rather long winded to express a story that's already been done more than a few times. If the font size on his had been bigger (easier to read) or if it had been more concise, or both, it would've been a much harder decision for me.

The key to good communication is brevity and Nik's entry had that. The animation helped with that a lot, it requried less writing to get a point across, but muffin's could've been a contender in my mind if he had been more concise.
Rowan
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:19 pm

It's nice that the video is liked, but... Well, I would have taken the sound away if I knew how, so it would have been more like an animated gif, but I took a crash course on how setting up that stuff works just yesterday. (Microsoft and its ActiveX is EVIL, I say! EVIL!) But I guess the sound adds to the mood... Although I'm sure that the video itself is distracting to some, so it's a good thing that what I have written is short.

I wouldn't say that Muffin had done what has been done too many time; at least as far as what happens between the two boys (and one girl?). How the TG came into play, yeah, but how the guy took advantage of his friend... Well, it does happen, but so do the kind of unwanted body swaps like the one in mine.

Oh, and believe me, for the amount of writing that I didn't have to do, I probably had to do more learning of objects and embeding, not to mention tweaking the code until I got it to work with a bunch of browsers. It was very technical work for me this time around. :?
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby muffinstud » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:34 pm

At first, I was impressed with the fact that it was an actual movie. Then I took the mute off my computer.

*kneels on the ground, fountains of tears streaming from his eyes* Not music! Noooo! I am doomed, doomed I say! *pulls himself together* I really like music...*sniffle*

In other words: be gentle, people.
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Rowan » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:04 pm

Well, as of right now its tied 5/5 so we'll see how this one plays out.

Its not that I didn't like your muffin, but I'm forced to compare two entries :?
Rowan
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby MarioDS01 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:04 pm

muffinstud wrote:At first, I was impressed with the fact that it was an actual movie. Then I took the mute off my computer.

*kneels on the ground, fountains of tears streaming from his eyes* Not music! Noooo! I am doomed, doomed I say! *pulls himself together* I really like music...*sniffle*

In other words: be gentle, people.

Don't worry Muffinstud I voted for your tg caption because it had an interest story to it. Although I personally would have wanted a better ending or outcome thing his/her friend taking avantage of the situation he/she is in right now. Personally if I were in his shoes and saw my friend as a hot girl, I would fall in love with her. I also personally wanted it be a litte more romantic and the friend to be a little forgiving to him/her in that situation. But maybe there will be a sequel to it, or you may do a alternate reality thing that the friend took the situation in a much nicer way then what he die, sort of like what I did with the TG Towel sequel-like caption where the girlfriend saves Harry from becoming a girl himself and telling her story when she was a guy like him.

The movie is nice to it, but hated the music because it is very annoying and loud as well. The caption is kind of funny and he/she has accinetly made him/herself keep from wanting to go back to his/her male body with broken family jewels there.

So I still go more your caption Muffinstud. I just hope you either make a sequel to the caption with a good ending/outcome or an alternate realitie thing to it.
MarioDS01
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:06 pm

Muffinstud:

I couldn't make much sense of that post. XD Although, if you're saying that the sound's bad because it's not exactly music, well, I couldn't help that. Like I said, I would have taken it out if I could.

And why be gentle? We are dueling! En guarde! *Pounces upon the silly loaf* These ten days shall pass quickly if we yap and goof around, anyway! *Nibbles upon your bread-crust ears*
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Next

Return to Caption Images