Been a rather long time: Captions from Garath

When a picture inspires the mind and a story forms within.

Moderator: Raleigh

Postby Stellar » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:26 am

Garath.

*Stellar is nearly speechless*
~Wearing Vintage Misery~
Stellar
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby jimmyinwhite » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:39 am

Garath the Shadowshifter wrote:Only two more I'm afraid, and one of them is a quicky.

Caption 3: Short and sweet:
http://garathsdomian.homestead.com/files/FrozenTreat.JPG

Caption 4: Another long one:
http://garathsdomian.homestead.com/files/Asimplestory.JPG

Bleh, sorry for the compression on that last one.

I still have at least one more I want to do. But with my schedual for this week as it is. I'm not sure when I'll have the time.

Is the frozen treat strawberry flavored? :wink: :wink: or is it watermellon :( ?
i walk in the land of dreams looking for the truth
test to find out who you are!
jimmyinwhite
MSFer
MSFer

Postby MarioDS01 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:58 am

Garath the Shadowshifter wrote:Only two more I'm afraid, and one of them is a quicky.

Caption 3: Short and sweet:
http://garathsdomian.homestead.com/files/FrozenTreat.JPG

Caption 4: Another long one:
http://garathsdomian.homestead.com/files/Asimplestory.JPG

Bleh, sorry for the compression on that last one.

I still have at least one more I want to do. But with my schedual for this week as it is. I'm not sure when I'll have the time.

Both of them were pretty good. I think that is creative how you used the image in the first caption. Man, that makes me want to try it so I would change to a girl myself.

The second one is pretty sweet with a boy being an anime character's sister forever, at least she is pretty happy now.

Glad these to are much, much happier then the last 2. Hope to see more good ones from you.
MarioDS01
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Gee-chan » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:23 am

WOW! those were mostly pretty amazing. I say mostly because as much as I hate to say it to you but really short captions just kinda annoy me because it feels like there was so much more that could be done (I read the text before looking at the image). The sisters one was well written and gripping but in my opinion couldn;t stand up to the first 2. Of the first 2 I would say that it was the empath one that was best. The samurai one was good but I really liked the emotional observation and depth of the emath one, that kind of thing just really works for me.

Kepp up the good work.
I'm looking at the world through a Jaffa-cake filling.....

Let the loli's hit the floor.....

Things to do before you die: Number 57: Lunge wildly at The Pope!
Gee-chan
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Garath the Shadowshifter » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:25 am

Yeah the short one was just an idea that popped in my head that I had to do. It wasn't meant to be anything amazing, just something silly. :P

Unfortantly, at the moment any others I do I'd only be doing to 'fill a quota' or so. Which I think takes a bit away from the captions. Maybe why the 'A Simple Story' caption (Dubbed 'sisters') didn't come out as well as the first two.

Still, I have at least one more I wish to do. I can't promise you it's going to be good though, but it's something I had the idea to do while making these, and I decided I really wanted to do it.

Oh yeah, the frozen treat would be strawberry or cherry flavored. Because I'm not a fan of watermelon. (I don't hate it, I mean it's ok, it's just not a favorite)
This Party's Getting CRAZY! LET'S ROCK!!
Garath the Shadowshifter
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Previous

Return to Caption Images