Been a rather long time: Captions from Garath

When a picture inspires the mind and a story forms within.

Moderator: Raleigh

Been a rather long time: Captions from Garath

Postby Garath the Shadowshifter » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:10 am

I haven't felt the desire to make a caption pic for a looooooooong time.

Generally unless a particular idea hits me, one that I haven't really seen too many times before, I just don't get the urge to bother.

Well the impossible has happened I guess. These ideas came to me and I decided to make them reality.

I'm going to warn you now. They aren't your typical captions.

Caption 1:
http://garathsdomian.homestead.com/files/empathspain.JPG

Caption 2:
http://garathsdomian.homestead.com/files/SamuraiOath.JPG

I know I had a few more ideas mulling around in my head, but it's too late to use em now. Perhaps tomorrow if I have time.

Though they are 'different' I hope they are enjoyable. ^_^
This Party's Getting CRAZY! LET'S ROCK!!
Garath the Shadowshifter
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Kalm » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:34 am

You weren't kidding when you said they're different. They both seem quite powerful, the first one was particularly. I wonder if all went back to normal, would he still make the same sacrifice for his sister? The overwhelming sense of regret I got from the caption makes it hard for me to imagine that he'd do it over again.

Your captions = Win!
Kalm
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Postby Stellar » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:10 am

Wow
~Wearing Vintage Misery~
Stellar
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Musashi » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:32 am

W00t, conflict-y captions! Especially that first one... heart-touching but so sad too.

For these captions, I give you DELICIOUS FRUIT PRESERVES. :o *Hands over some jars of jam*
Item 1: ShounenAi Badger Badge
2: God of Bishounenkind Badge
3: FtM Badge

"Yer so funny in a harmlessly psychotic way ;-p" - Coru-moose

"You're like a ninja ferret on crack." - Zack

Dubbed "Moon Master" by Kata
Musashi
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Garath the Shadowshifter » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:22 am

You weren't kidding when you said they're different. They both seem quite powerful, the first one was particularly. I wonder if all went back to normal, would he still make the same sacrifice for his sister? The overwhelming sense of regret I got from the caption makes it hard for me to imagine that he'd do it over again.

Actually he most likely would. He's the type of person who would rather suffer himself then let his sister suffer. Dus why he/she is willing to deal with the change for the sake of her 'brother'

Also, it's not all that big a deal, but I really love how I managed to get away without mentioning their names even once. :P

For these captions, I give you DELICIOUS FRUIT PRESERVES. :o *Hands over some jars of jam*

Woo Hoo! Jam! Now all I need is some peanut butter!... and bread... and a butter knife...
Garath the Shadowshifter
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Katty » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:39 am

Nice to see some new captions Garath. I liked the first one. It was a kinda sad story. =^-^=
Beware the magic pencil!
Katty
MSFer
MSFer

Location: My own universe where my pencil is the supreme power!

Postby MarioDS01 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:45 am

Man... both of them were quite good there. The first one was nice of the brother wanting to endure his sister's plain by switching bodies with her. At least now she has a great endurance to emotional plan.

The second one was really, really sad that his/her friend became a monster because he was always picked on. Now she has to kill her own friend to free him from the body as a samurai's oath and how losing his/her manhood was punishment for that tricking his friend. Truely a sad, sad story.

Well I hope you remember the other ones and have them ready tommorow, maybe. Hopefully not too many of them will be as sad as those 2 captions, I had sad stories or stories with very sad stories even though I kind of liked the captions a little. I am also glad I think one or both of them are images from my photobucket account.

If some the captions do have a sort of sad story to it, hopefully you can create a happy ending to those captions so I don't get very depressed like with the 2nd caption.
MarioDS01
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:16 pm

It's a shame that these weren't entered into the contest. :O (They could have been contenders!) Oh, well. I liked them. They may not be all that typical to most (even I dabble there from time to time), it's definitely typical coming from you. ;p
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Rowan » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:22 pm

Those were great!

I got chills reading the second one!

And the first one was soooo touching!
Rowan
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby MarioDS01 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:47 pm

Rowan wrote:Those were great!

I got chills reading the second one!

And the first one was soooo touching!

Same thing here Rowan! The second one made me really sad the she has to kill her friend that turned into a monster. The first one though, I was OK with. It was said most of the way, but then the brother was nice enough to switch with his sister to be a girl and her to be a boy. That was very nice of him/her. Glad he/she is tollorent to emotional pain which is very good so it will not be nearly as bad as his sister now brother has gone through and she will be supported of her brother who was her sister.
MarioDS01
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Mistress Guendolen » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:10 pm

**applauds** They are most excellent. These are seriously some of the best captions I've seen in quite some time. I'm very, very impressed. Your stories were unique, and the narration written effectively and neatly. You conveyed the powerful emotions involved well, without being over the top or unbelievable. You did very well indeed.
Adding to the magical kitten girl army...one huggle at a time mraa
Mistress Guendolen
Senpai
Senpai

Location: My own mental universe of animated otherworldly fantasy

Postby Garath the Shadowshifter » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:01 pm

Er, to clear something up. The two in the first caption didn't switch places. They just changed genders. They do probably look simular to each others orginal forms, but not excatly.

I had sad stories or stories with very sad stories even though I kind of liked the captions a little.

Ummm, what? O_o

I've got a couple of ideas. Let's see if I am awake enough to protrey them. Also I forgot there was a contest going on.

I just may have one left that I could enter in it though...
Garath the Shadowshifter
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby MarioDS01 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:22 pm

Garath the Shadowshifter wrote:Er, to clear something up. The two in the first caption didn't switch places. They just changed genders. They do probably look simular to each others orginal forms, but not excatly.

I had sad stories or stories with very sad stories even though I kind of liked the captions a little.

Ummm, what? O_o

I've got a couple of ideas. Let's see if I am awake enough to protrey them. Also I forgot there was a contest going on.

I just may have one left that I could enter in it though...

Oh in the first caption they switched Genders not bodies. Sorry that I got that a little confused there. Thanks for clearing it up for me.

well anyways, hope to see your other ideas in the near future in TG caption format, maybe with more of the images in my photobucket account. And maybe next time make some fun ones and/or happy ones, I rather not be boged down with a bunch more sad ones, there got to be some sort of balance here.
MarioDS01
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Garath the Shadowshifter » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:16 pm

Only two more I'm afraid, and one of them is a quicky.

Caption 3: Short and sweet:
http://garathsdomian.homestead.com/files/FrozenTreat.JPG

Caption 4: Another long one:
http://garathsdomian.homestead.com/files/Asimplestory.JPG

Bleh, sorry for the compression on that last one.

I still have at least one more I want to do. But with my schedual for this week as it is. I'm not sure when I'll have the time.
Garath the Shadowshifter
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Mistress Guendolen » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:20 pm

The quickie one was cute. It made me chuckle. :) And the sisters one was lovely. I really like your storytelling style, you know.
Adding to the magical kitten girl army...one huggle at a time mraa
Mistress Guendolen
Senpai
Senpai

Location: My own mental universe of animated otherworldly fantasy

Next

Return to Caption Images