3 Times the Charm

When a picture inspires the mind and a story forms within.

Moderator: Raleigh

The Caption Vulture Trophy of Excellence

Postby AlanGarou » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:32 pm

The Sonic one is pure gold. Ever since I found out its history, I've been a huge fan of that pairing. The only problems I see with it are some run-on sentences, which seem very common around here.

Frankly, though, the Belinda one is kind of creepy. Brain-washing has always weirded me out. But I guess it's just a matter of personal taste.
Stand back, I have no idea what I'm doing.
I am the Photobucket Vulture. Beware, for if you find a new image, I shall swoop down and caption it!
AlanGarou
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Stellar » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:42 pm

They weren't bad. Right now, I'd suggest working on making captions without distorting the image. It ruins it. Dithering is one thing, it happens if you don't have a terrific image program, no one minds. But you need to try to keep the original pictures constrained to a proportionate size.

The stories were okay. It's a little tough to follow though. If you have a word editing program I suggest spell/grammar checking before you finish your caption.

Keep going Mario
~Wearing Vintage Misery~
Stellar
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Re: The Caption Vulture Trophy of Excellence

Postby MarioDS01 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:10 pm

AlanGarou wrote:The Sonic one is pure gold. Ever since I found out its history, I've been a huge fan of that pairing. The only problems I see with it are some run-on sentences, which seem very common around here.

Frankly, though, the Belinda one is kind of creepy. Brain-washing has always weirded me out. But I guess it's just a matter of personal taste.

Glad you really liked the Sonic TG caption. Yeah I know, I may have some run on sentences, the wordling program I have current does not have grammer check, only spelling. But I am glad it did not stop you from enjoying the TG captions. And yes, I am a fan of that pairing as well.

So the Belinda one creeped you out eh? Well I was not going for the response. To tell you the truth, I am not a fan of brainwashing at, and this had nothing to do with brainwashing as one of the ray's effects. It was Belinda's own desion not to be male again because she realized she did wrong to the nerd kid and anyone else and wants to be his friend and girlfriend to make it up to him. So actually I was trying a happy ending to that TG caption.
MarioDS01
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby MarioDS01 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:17 pm

Stellar wrote:They weren't bad. Right now, I'd suggest working on making captions without distorting the image. It ruins it. Dithering is one thing, it happens if you don't have a terrific image program, no one minds. But you need to try to keep the original pictures constrained to a proportionate size.

The stories were okay. It's a little tough to follow though. If you have a word editing program I suggest spell/grammar checking before you finish your caption.

Keep going Mario

Yeah, well I don't have that good of an art program. The only program I got currently is MS Paint, which has very few options to editing, so sorry if the images look very distorted. If you know how to work MS Paint, you can at least give me a few tips in using it so I don't distort the images so badly most of the image, that would be real nice.

Personally I don't think the stories are that tough to follow. Maybe sort of compared to some other captions, they are actually simple enough to follow. I work program I am using is download off of http://www.finfiction.net. It has a spelling correction tool but no grammer checking tool in there, sorry, for some reason this computer still doe not have Microsoft Word in it.

Well other then that, I hope you still like those captions and the other captions I created. I will continue to make more. I hope also when the next update comes up that my caption will show up in the MSF site.
MarioDS01
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby muffinstud » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:47 am

Ice Cream headache and Hot Beach Girl were both top notch! I like your sense of humor, it's a lot like mine. Hopefully there will be more like them in the future.
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby MarioDS01 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:13 am

MarioDS01
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Meru » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:27 pm

Some of yours are good, such as the hot beach girl and the ice cream headache. However, to me at least, you seem to be stuck within the cliche that boys turned girls fall in love with their best friends as far as that goes. And that boys turn girls are more likely to meet people than normal boys. Maybe try spicing it up a bit, or changing some things around. Like, having the best friend be a total jerk and make a comment about how that person thought they would be perfectly fine with their best friend after changing genders.
"Taking advantage of male pattern baldness is about as low as you can get! I won't allow it!"-Croix from La Pucelle
Meru
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby MarioDS01 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:42 pm

Meru wrote:Some of yours are good, such as the hot beach girl and the ice cream headache. However, to me at least, you seem to be stuck within the cliche that boys turned girls fall in love with their best friends as far as that goes. And that boys turn girls are more likely to meet people than normal boys. Maybe try spicing it up a bit, or changing some things around. Like, having the best friend be a total jerk and make a comment about how that person thought they would be perfectly fine with their best friend after changing genders.

Yeah...Sorry that my TG captions are a little bit clliche for you taste. But doing TG romances is kind of my speciality here in this site. If you don't like them, then don't comment on them.

And here is the thing about your last comment of so call "Spicing" things up. I would never, ever, make their best friend into a jerk! Hello! Best Friend, HINT, HINT. If they did that, then they would not even be consider their Best Friend, let alone be a friend at all.

Besides that, it would lead to what I HATE called sad endings. That what I am trying to avoid Meru. I really, really, really HATE BAD ENDINGS. So please be me considerate of my style or writing that I love doing TG romance and always try to have a happy ending to them. You will never see me do a sad ending to them, if I did, I could not leave with that and have to be forced to make it a good ending to a TG caption.
MarioDS01
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Kumi-chan » Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:16 am

Well Mario it does happen sometimes that someone might not like the results of being TGed. *shrugs* They might go into themselves and push everyone and everything away. It is how it people deal with things sometimes.

*goes into overly rude Kumi mode because she's been here way too long* The problem thou is when you go to others threads and suggest they make captions more of your style. Each person has their own style and their own way of doing things. Honestly you can't expect others to do things your way. Like I've always said if you want things done your way do them yourself.
Kumi-chan
Spaminator
Spaminator

Postby MarioDS01 » Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:37 pm

Kitty wrote:Well Mario it does happen sometimes that someone might not like the results of being TGed. *shrugs* They might go into themselves and push everyone and everything away. It is how it people deal with things sometimes.

*goes into overly rude Kumi mode because she's been here way too long* The problem thou is when you go to others threads and suggest they make captions more of your style. Each person has their own style and their own way of doing things. Honestly you can't expect others to do things your way. Like I've always said if you want things done your way do them yourself.

Yeah, I know that Kitty that it does not happen always that way. And yes I know, I can't expect every TG Captioner to TG captions my way. And yes I know, if I want things done my way, I have to do it myself. A good old saying from you Kitty.

Still, I hope you still like some of my latest TG captions I created Kitty. I hope you may look forward to some more. But if you are expecting Dark ones from me, then search for thoses kind of TG captions from someone else. I stick with light happy ones myself!
MarioDS01
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Meru » Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:30 pm

It seems you misunderstood what I was saying.... I was not telling you to stop doing TG romance, or to put in Bad Endings. I was just saying things you could do to perhaps put some 4th wallish comedy in your captions. And yes, your best friend could be a jerk, if he starts trying to take advantage of you once you turned female. He might have been fine while you were male, and done stuff like that with other girls when he wasn't with you, or whatnot.
It is possible to have a good ending even when something like that happens, like meeting a seemingly random person who turns out to be from school and is a really nice person. I guess my ideas and all come from the fact that I've read and seen a large amount of material, so I just take in those ideas and mix them together in my mind. And I never said your captions were bad, however to be blunt, the TG romance ones were basically the exact same story, except with a different picture and different names. To me, if you want to grow as a writer/caption maker, you should expand beyond just that one story.
"Taking advantage of male pattern baldness is about as low as you can get! I won't allow it!"-Croix from La Pucelle
Meru
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby MarioDS01 » Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:14 pm

Meru wrote:It seems you misunderstood what I was saying.... I was not telling you to stop doing TG romance, or to put in Bad Endings. I was just saying things you could do to perhaps put some 4th wallish comedy in your captions. And yes, your best friend could be a jerk, if he starts trying to take advantage of you once you turned female. He might have been fine while you were male, and done stuff like that with other girls when he wasn't with you, or whatnot.
It is possible to have a good ending even when something like that happens, like meeting a seemingly random person who turns out to be from school and is a really nice person. I guess my ideas and all come from the fact that I've read and seen a large amount of material, so I just take in those ideas and mix them together in my mind. And I never said your captions were bad, however to be blunt, the TG romance ones were basically the exact same story, except with a different picture and different names. To me, if you want to grow as a writer/caption maker, you should expand beyond just that one story.

Sorry, you are right. I guess I assumed you want be to make a sad ending to a caption or something. But you are right, I can still have some mean or sad happen, but it can still turn out all right at the end. That's for telling me that Meru!

And yes, maybe I should mix it up a bit and put more humerous TG captions out there. And yes, I should try to mix it up with the romances a bit as well, may not always do the best friend thing. However, you will not see me do any dark one or ones with sad/bad endings, I promise you that, if you want to see those, check out other TG captioners' captions.

I am happy to hear you do like TG romance captions. I am sorry I assumed you did not like them. And I will try in the future to put more thought into more the TG Romance captions so you find them more interest. But thanks for all the tips Meru!
MarioDS01
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby MarioDS01 » Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:01 pm

MarioDS01
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby jimmyinwhite » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:59 pm

it's always good to have one less bully. the gamer otaku was the real one who got lucky.
i walk in the land of dreams looking for the truth
test to find out who you are!
jimmyinwhite
MSFer
MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to Caption Images