3 Times the Charm

When a picture inspires the mind and a story forms within.

Moderator: Raleigh

Postby MarioDS01 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:19 pm

Madness McMaximus wrote:I just wanted to remind you that you should have warnings with any link with content that's more than what's acceptable, such as the one that shows some areola and possibly the one with pregnant Ruto.

Also, I managed to find some of the artists whose artwork you used, so... No excuse to not ask for permission to use them now. :O

Chalosan

Anonshi

Fine...you caught me read handed there... Sorry that I used such an image for the Link/Ruto caption. And I guess it displeases you now I used images from some artists you figured out somehow.

Alright, I will make sure not use some image like the Link/Ruto one ever again, or warn the tg captioners next time. And for using artwork at DA Art site, I'll ask their permission next time and also let people know where I got the artwork. Happy?
MarioDS01
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:51 pm

No, I'm not happy. I don't know why I received that kind of attitude. It's simply my job to check things available for being put on the site, to make sure there's no use of such artwork without permission, and I assume that nearly anyone that does use images indiscriminately (which is probably the vast majority of captioners) don't ask, or try to find a way to ask, for permission. I recognized Chalosan, for one, so that was easy to determine. Finding the other wasn't all that hard, either. There's nothing wrong with putting a little effort into (at the very least) common courtesy and respect of other's things. I wasn't accusing you of knowing and ignoring; I was just pointing out that you now have the opportunity now that you know (and my way of phrasing that hinted that I felt that you should ask). I know that you probably don't like the inconvenience, or the possibility of not using the image that you want, but I think it's better than the alternative. Most of the artists that I have managed to find and ask I've never gotten a reply from (most likely because most of them probably don't speak English), and once I have been denied, and together that amounts to more images denied (well, in most cases, pending but not assuming I have permission) than allowed, but I feel better for doing the right thing.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Previous

Return to Caption Images