How does one make captioned images?

When a picture inspires the mind and a story forms within.

Moderator: Raleigh

How does one make captioned images?

Postby Muramasa » Wed May 23, 2007 10:40 am

Err... I've been thinking about doing a few myself. I just don't quite know how to do it.
What? What do ya mean 'there's the door?'
Muramasa
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Katty » Wed May 23, 2007 11:16 am

Here is what I do. I use photoshop. I start by finding an image that I can put a idea to. After that, I open up the image in photoshop. I then unlock the image. Next I open up a 20 by 20 inch untitled file. I then move the image I am going to use to the 20 x 20 file. Then I place the image where it would fit the best. After that, I crop the image down to the size I really want it to be, making sure to leave space for the text. Then I use the text tool and begin to write. After I am done writing, I copy the text into a word doc. to check for spelling errors. After all the errors are gone, I then save 2 copies of the caption. One as a photoshop in case I need to mess with it later, and one as a Jpeg to post on a site like photo bucket, then later post on MSF.

Hope that helped. =^-^=
Beware the magic pencil!
Katty
MSFer
MSFer

Location: My own universe where my pencil is the supreme power!

Postby muffinstud » Wed May 23, 2007 12:18 pm

Here's what I do. I get the picture up in some kind of viewing program and get out notepad and write out the cap. (Spellcheck? Hah! I mock spellcheck!) Then I get MSpaint up and open the pic. A little creative stretching of the jpeg's borders and a text box later, I just copy and paste my text in. Then I just do a little tweaking to make sure things look okay (centering, spacing, that kind of stuff). I always save the file under a different name in case I want to mess with it or do something with the original.

But that's just me.
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Wed May 23, 2007 2:31 pm

I just take an image and resize it if I have to, then I link to it in an HTML file, which has the text for the caption.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Kumi-chan » Thu May 24, 2007 12:07 pm

I use the GIMP but I save mine as psd's for me put the text into a word doc for back up there and for spell checking then save the psd as a jpg for display online.
Kumi-chan
Spaminator
Spaminator

Postby UDDCommander » Thu May 24, 2007 1:42 pm

I use the GIMP for resizing and minor touch ups, then I use a word doc for spellcheck, then I use either GIMP or MSPaint (mostly Paint) to copy and paste the caption.
I hate Writer's Block, it's like trying to fight Kefka on level 2 with 1 phoenix down
UDDCommander
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Postby MarioDS01 » Thu May 24, 2007 6:04 pm

I don't really have any suggestions for you, the others seemed to already told you all the options to creating TG captions. I myself would use photoshop, if I had the money, then I would us MS Paint.

But you are more then welcome my friend to check out my photobucket account link for several pictures to use for TG captions on the bottom of this message.

Well, hope you will create some good captions.
MarioDS01
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Return to Caption Images