UberLurker hath sold his soul to the captions

When a picture inspires the mind and a story forms within.

Moderator: Raleigh

Re: UberLurker hath sold his soul to the captions

Postby Queen Octavia » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:33 pm

Queen Octavia
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Queen Octavia » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:39 pm

It's a one-two punch!

Hi-ya!

The second was actually too long and imagebucket shrunk it down which made it unreadable so I'll post the text here and then just the picture:

"Swimming Is Good For Your Health"

Ken had been more than a little awkward around his best friend, Nate, ever since Nate had her fateful accident.

She (Or formally, he) had been unlucky enough to be one of the people swimming at the beach when the pharmaceutical company just up the coast had the big accident. No one was quite sure exactly what the blend of chemicals released was, and the conditions would perhaps be impossible to understand.

The results, however, were quite simple. All the men exposed were instantly transformed into women. Remarkably, all the "victims" of the accident were taking it quite well. The scientists said it had something to do with brain chemistry and hormones or something. In any event the newly minted females had no remorse for their lost maleness and were excited to experience their new lives.

Having always been shy around girls, Ken was at a disadvantage the moment he set eyes upon the new Nate, or "Natalie" as she prefers now. Even though Natalie was a man only a few days ago, Ken could understand her no more than he could any woman. Not only that, but he found her attractive, and this made him feel rather guilty.

He thought it improper, but there was so much to love in Natalie. Her great smile and her playful attitude matched her gentle beauty. Her love of life was practically contagious, and her happiness rubbed off on anyone around.

After spending the better part of the two days since the "accident" getting to know Natalie, coming to terms with his attraction to her and desperately looking for (and missing) any signals she might be sending him, he was caught off guard by her sudden request:

"Would you like to come to the beach where I was changed with me?" she asked.

"Wh-why would you want to go back? Isn't that place... painful for you?" said Ken.

Smiling and shaking her head, Natalie laughed back: "Not at all! It's like going to... where my new life started. And I'd like to go there with you."

Ken tried to puzzle out anything deeper in her request. Finding nothing, he moved on to the larger problem, "But isn't that place still closed off to the public? For safety?"

Natalie assured him that they could sneak in easy if they just waited until sunset, that all the security would be gone and they would just have to step over the yellow tape.

He was a bit afraid of getting into trouble, but he found not pass up the chance to spend more time with... Natalie. So Ken went along with her.

They parted to go to their respective homes for dinner, and the remaining hours of the day dragged on until their rendezvous at the beach. Ken couldn't stop staring at his wristwatch.

Finally, the time came, and he snuck out to the beach with Natalie. For a while they just sat together on the sand, and watched the sun sink lower and lower into the waves. Ken really didn't know what to say, or more accurately he knew so many things he wanted to say that he didn't know where to start. Natalie just relaxed beside him, and he watched the gentle ocean breeze ruffle her hair and shirt.

He nearly had a heart attack when she reached over and grabbed his hand.

"Wha-?" Ken blushed at the contact.

"C'mon," Natalie rose, lifting up his hand as she did, "Let's go for a swim!"

"Oka- wait, what?" Ken froze and resisted her tugging.

"Oh, don't be a spoilsort, let's go!" Natalie pulled more forcefully and Ken rose to his feet.

"But, but - we didn't bring any clothes!" Ken protested as he was dragged closer to the shoreline.

"It's okay! We don't need any!" Natalie reassured him.

Ken blushed even deeper. This was such a bad idea. What had they said on the news about the clean-up? That it was done? Or was that underway? Or had it been delayed in starting? He wished he had paid more attention to the broadcast, but he had been talking to Natalie at the time. He froze, unable to stay and unable to go.

Natalie kicked off her shoes and gave his hand another pull, "C'mon, it'll be so much fun!"

Queen Octavia
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby muffinstud » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:11 pm

Moarpleeeeze!
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Queen Octavia » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:09 am

Maybe later, I only made those few because I thought the caption board looked very sad and lonely.

The story board is in greater need of a pick-me-up now, I believe.

Us lurkers are lone lorn creeturs, and we empathize with lone lorn boards.
Queen Octavia
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Queen Octavia » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:30 pm

In honor of the studliest muffin on these boards, I present to the viewing public a caption I made today.

The only question: Can you really call it a caption when it's almost 4,000 words long? The answer: You can if you're me!

Anyways, here it is, on my live journal along with my other stuff:

Swimming Lessons
Queen Octavia
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Previous

Return to Caption Images